Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Meaningful work and meaningful relationships. I love the feeling of accomplishment and even the feeling of hard work, but I have to know that what I am doing is worthwhile in the end. Spending time with loves ones and searching for "The One" are also big drivers in my life. I believe in love and that gushy stuff, but am well aware of the effort needed to maintain such a deep relationship.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Helping others with their needs, doing good work for those who I feel are deserving of it. To leave behind a legacy of love and acceptance for the generations that will follow.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I hope to avoid being cynical; being open to the good in the world means I am equally susceptible to the evils. I hope to keep my sunny disposition, and never be corrupted by negative attitudes or despondent forces.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Not living life to its fullest. After all, isn't that the point?

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to view me as someone who is capable, kind, intelligent, warm-hearted.
I view myself as someone who is TRYING to live up to that potential.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Best - Helping someone attain his/her goal, contributing to a team for mutual success
Worst - Inadvertently making someone feel bad, accidentally offending someone who does not deserve hate/negative criticism

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) Uncontrollable fury; when pushed far enough, I will fight with focussed hate.
b) Depression; when I know I did something wrong and there is nothing I can to correct the situation, I get sad.
c) Helplessness; I panic, feels like I'm treading water and failing to do so. Struggling to breath becomes labourous.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Stress; I want to tackle as many problems as I can simultaneously, leading to disaster. Feels like I'm carrying 100 lbs of weight on my mind, clarity of thought becomes impossible.
b) I ponder it's impact, does it benefit the situation or impede its progress? If it's good, gravy. If it doesn't, I immediately think of a way to avoid it, or use it to improve the situation.
c) I hate conflict. I believe everyone can politely get their point across to others without resorting to friction. In the cases where conflict arises, I am the one to mediate and look for mutual beneficial solutions.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) Sometimes helpful if used as a guide. Otherwise, abusive authority is something I take a strong disliking to.
b) Same as above, I believe power without compassion is not leadership, it's preying on the weak.
I'll always try to stand my ground against abusive authority. For others who cannot, I redouble my efforts.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Generally positive, I'm not sure how much of that is wishful thinking or naivete. I want to believe that those in power are looking out in the people's best interests. But I also understand how unlikely that is. Fortunately change and destiny and things in our control.

Hopefully that's enough information to reveal my type!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts