Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In what ways do you think you fit the more negative INTP stereotypes?

Ex. Socially awkward, procrastinator.. (also add more as you think of them).

Reactions: Zic and skycloud86

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I am slightly socially awkward, especially towards people I don't know/don't know that well. I prefer not to communicate with others if I don't have to.

I'm a huge procrastinator, and seem unable to make myself do anything. I'm rubbish at planning or scheduling anything, and if I want to do something, I'll do it but not before then.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Procrastination :O I'm all over that one.

Also people who don't know me too well can see me as 'cold and callous'--but that's just an uneducated opinion. And it's mostly just people who are like just meeting me.

I wouldn't say I'm socially 'awkward', more of just socially uninterested. If I need more friends or something like that, then I will become socially 'interested' :O But no in an outgoing sense....

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am slightly socially awkward, especially towards people I don't know/don't know that well. I prefer not to communicate with others if I don't have to.

I'm a huge procrastinator, and seem unable to make myself do anything. I'm rubbish at planning or scheduling anything, and if I want to do something, I'll do it but not before then.
Such an intp. ; P

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I fall somewhere in between this. Should I need to I can come off as being comfortable in social situations but interpersonal interaction is still awkward for me. I can talk to people about common interests we might have but it's tough for me to open up on a more personal level.

Also people who don't know me too well can see me as 'cold and callous'--but that's just an uneducated opinion. And it's mostly just people who are like just meeting me.
Yep. Most people probably think I'm some dour, sarcastic asshole and they're probably right for the most part, but I'm not like that to those I care about.

Procrastination - if it's not something important, it probably won't get done anytime soon. Even if it is important, I'll probably put it off. At work I prefer to get things done quickly (or convince ISTJs to do it for me) but that's more to keep people off my back and because I hate having things looming over me than anything.

Very clumsy, often due to not paying full attention to what I'm doing.

Constantly second guess myself (though that's probably more of a general NT thing).

·
Registered
61 Posts
To some extent I fit most of the negative stereotypes, I fear.
Except one. I am not uncaring and callous. Those who know me describes me as considerate and even says it is one of my main traits. And I am, even if I'm certainly not a people person. I haven't noticed this in many other INTPs.

I do procrastinate. A lot. Sometimes it simply doesn't feel right to do something just because there will be time for it later, so I wait until then. Gets me into trouble.

As for people, while I do care for them I seldom find anything I want to say to them or know what I am supposed to say. It is not always what they have to say is particularly interesting either. That's because most of it is small talk, I guess. I listen politely though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Procrastination... hahaha!
and basically all the stuff said by people above me, i'm too lazy to type it again.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
As far as social awkwardness goes... I was, but I think I'm not so much now. I do have a hard time meeting people, or making lasting connections, but that's just due to inexperience.

Terrible with women, as should be obvious.

I like to turn everything into a debate... not for any negative intent, it's just how I primarily learn. There's really no better way to get into someone's head than to debate with them.

I procrastinate the hell out of everything, I'm scarily lazy, I'm very pro-marijuana (common among INTPs), I tend to enjoy thoughtful conversation and dislike standard conversation, I'm very unconventional, I'm a rebel to the core, though not merely for the sake of rebellion, and despite looking like someone who should be a prep or a sports guy, I'm a hardcore nerd. Some people tend to view me as negative, though I don't know why.

I'm terrible with planning, feeling sorry for people, empathizing with people, and expressing emotions.

I don't know anything else to list, but I'm sure someone will think of something. :proud:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I think I fit all/most of the INTP stereotypes. I procrastinate, don't plan anything, argue a lot, am uncaring, always board, always cynical etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will respond later.*

*In the process of attempting to elaborate, I made several edits, got up to get some coffee, sat back down, opened another tab to check my school email, browsed over Lagchat, and decided to just leave the answer in my head and be done with it.
That's cute, your thought prioritising warms my ISTP heart.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Procrastinator, yeah definitely. But to an insane degree. As in, "has pretty much ruined my life and wasted about every valuable opportunity that came my way". And cares more about his hobbies/passions than practical things (I don't mean just emotionally, that's to be expected, but the time and importance I give to them).

·
Registered
492 Posts
Procrastinating, hatred for small talk, extremely objective opinions that are often regarded as harsh, don't view kids as significantly more important than adults (though they are in greater need of nurturing and are dependant, their physical state of living is no more important than anyone else's, I even held this opinion as a 7-8 year old and believe it to actually be a more optomistic outlook on life as I think the societal attitude gives us the opinion of "childhood is great, adulthood sucks." This can easily be misinterpreted but I'm sure fellow INTP's will understand.).... Not likely to feel embarrassed by something just because people tell me I should, for example I might not do my homework for a class but will still be actively involved in the discussion if I have some familiarity with what it is about. And above all, I am extremely into strategy games and spend a large chunk of free time doing something related to them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Procrastinating, hatred for small talk, extremely objective opinions that are often regarded as harsh, don't view kids as significantly more important than adults (though they are in greater need of nurturing and are dependant, their physical state of living is no more important than anyone else's, I even held this opinion as a 7-8 year old and believe it to actually be a more optomistic outlook on life as I think the societal attitude gives us the opinion of "childhood is great, adulthood sucks." This can easily be misinterpreted but I'm sure fellow INTP's will understand.).... Not likely to feel embarrassed by something just because people tell me I should, for example I might not do my homework for a class but will still be actively involved in the discussion if I have some familiarity with what it is about. And above all, I am extremely into strategy games and spend a large chunk of free time doing something related to them.
I agree to a scary degree.... I am also viewed as terribly intimidating, I have no idea why...

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Actually, I like kids because they are less judgmental of me than adults are (except to other children, of course; in this context they are pretty much the incarnations of Satan). And they have a sense of fun and wonder and don't take life seriously. We obviously need some people who do take life seriously, I just get annoyed when they want me to (rightfully or not). The reason their physical state of living is regarded as more important is because they have more time to live, I suppose...a whole life ahead of them. There is more potential to waste. In and of themselves they are worth no more than anyone else, absolutely. But from a utilitarian standpoint I see the argument. Assuming the senior was not exceptionally talented and not greatly improving human life, and assuming they were not a relation or a friend, would you save a child over a senior if a house was burning down and you had to save one of them and only one of them? I think I would.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My negative qualities, controllable or not:

Impatience, arrogance, lying (for the sake of it), stealing (for the sake of it), being nocturnal, pathological lack of motivation, irritance at the smallest things, procrastination.

I'm not really ocially awkward, I just dislike people. Add misanthropy and nihilism to that list, if you consider those flaws.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am lazy; I procrastinate so much. I don't work well under stress so much as I only work under stress.

I hate social situations because I suck at them completely. I'm super uncomfortable, and it shows. I am anti-social in every meaning of the common, misused definition.

I'm totally absent minded. I sometimes forget what people are saying while they are saying it. (I call it 'short short-term memory loss'.)

I am unbelievably messy. I am sometimes compelled to clean make everything orderly and perfect, but it usually reverts to its properly trashed state the next day.

There's more, but heck if I can remember it. :p

Reactions: Cover3

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I usually put on a performance in social events because I was tired of being written off as a 'loner'(not to say whether it works or not) , but the procrastinating and lack of human connection is definitely there, and they're basically killing me

·
Registered
42 Posts
I probably come off as shy and slightly socially awkward with strangers, but certainly not cold or callous. I have severe problems with procrastination (I'm doing it right now). It worked when I was in school and could wait until the last minute to write a paper, yet still ace it. That doesn't really fly with my career and it's kind of holding me back.

Oh...btw...first post. Hi. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts