Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who engages in some measure of physical activity as an act of improving one's health or physical fitness. Whether Cardio or Muscle Building, etc. List off what you can do atm.

As an example and my own case:
Body Weight: 175lbs
Bench: 200lbs
Shoulders: 120lbs
Back: 120lbs
Legs: 150lbs
Pushups: 40
Crunches: 20
Walk: 10 Miles
Jog: 5 Miles
Sprint: 1 Miles
Punches: 1,000
Kicks: 1,000
Total LBS in a single workout: 75,000lbs

(You don't have to format it like this, this is just my own personal stylization that I like to do to my posts. Also don't be intimidated by any of these stats, I go pretty hard at stuff because I'm just a very determined and empowered individual. I actually think some of these are pretty abysmal compared to where more experienced people are at. Especially when it comes to weight lifting, but I've only been in the gym for about a year and a half. So.)

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I can swim 1km when the weather is nice, this gives me 1,000 tonnes.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back, shoulders, and legs are not exercises, they're body parts, try again. Also, no one on earth can sprint a mile. May post my numbers later. Lol.
Bruh, pay attention. They're colored blue, and given weights like Bench has. Do the math. I go to a gym that has pulley based machines. The bench machine converts to incline and shoulder. There is also a leg press machine, and a full on pull based machine where you pull a rope attached to handle bars to lift weight, which I use for my back exercises. I just started working out my shoulders, it took me the first year to get up to 200lbs. But now that I'm used to the whole shtick, it won't take me as long to get my shoulders or my back up to 200lbs.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@soop

Also as far as how far a person can sprint, goes. That depends on your definition of Sprinting. Generally it's meant to refer to "proffesional sprinting" in which the goal is to essentially run /as fast as possible/. In which case, yeah of course you can't run a mile like that. Because no matter how fast you currently are, you will always be inefficiently exhausting all your energy as fast as possible trying to outrun someone else who is exhausting all their energy trying to outrun you, etc.

But I just meant, running. I said "sprint" to signify tho that I do not /jog/ at any point during that. I don't slow down, I move at a velocity that is squarely /running/ even if it's not the fastest I can go.

Otherwise a person can /run/ drastically farther than that.

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
Bruh, pay attention. They're colored blue, and given weights like Bench has. Do the math. I go to a gym that has pulley based machines. The bench machine converts to incline and shoulder. There is also a leg press machine, and a full on pull based machine where you pull a rope attached to handle bars to lift weight, which I use for my back exercises. I just started working out my shoulders, it took me the first year to get up to 200lbs. But now that I'm used to the whole shtick, it won't take me as long to get my shoulders or my back up to 200lbs.
You do know that weights on pully machines are not really that accurate, because they are on a pully device...right. they're literally different at every gym, those numbers are meaningless, plus there are dozens of exercises for each of those body parts, which is something you should have known if you've been working out for over a year. Lol. Getting annoyed because we cant read your mind and know which of the dozens of exercises you meant is kind of pathetic dude.
@soop

Also as far as how far a person can sprint, goes. That depends on your definition of Sprinting. Generally it's meant to refer to "proffesional sprinting" in which the goal is to essentially run /as fast as possible/. In which case, yeah of course you can't run a mile like that. Because no matter how fast you currently are, you will always be inefficiently exhausting all your energy as fast as possible trying to outrun someone else who is exhausting all their energy trying to outrun you, etc.

But I just meant, running. I said "sprint" to signify tho that I do not /jog/ at any point during that. I don't slow down, I move at a velocity that is squarely /running/ even if it's not the fastest I can go.

Otherwise a person can /run/ drastically farther than that.
You're better served by just putting your best mile time honestly, and not double posting in response to the same comment.

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
Weight: 130 (female)
Back squat: 300
Front squat: 235 (long femur crew checking in)
Bench: 190
Deadlift: haven't maxed in a long time due to injury, I'll wait until a comp.
Strict press (OHP): 130
Strict curl: 90
Pullups: 20
Weighted pullup: 215 total
Dips: a fucking lot (probably around 40 easily)
Weighted Dip: 90 lbs in plates
Pushups: 55 in a minute
Mile (at current bodyweight) 5:45 (needs major improvement)
Plank: 4 min
Plank: 180lbs in plates for 35 seconds

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
20 crunches? what a puss.
Lmao, I haven't been takin my abs seriously because that's purely aesthetic. I'm focused on actual functional improvement cause I'm not a vanitytard. You can take your abs, I'll take the fact that I can knock you out in a single punch.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You do know that weights on pully machines are not really that accurate, because they are on a pully device...right. they're literally different at every gym, those numbers are meaningless, plus there are dozens of exercises for each of those body parts, which is something you should have known if you've been working out for over a year. Lol. Getting annoyed because we cant read your mind and know which of the dozens of exercises you meant is kind of pathetic dude.
Nah, you're wrong. The reason the measurements seem different is because of the physics involved with a pulley machine. It depends on how they design the machine. But 100lbs on 1 machine is the exact same as 100lbs on another.

The only legitimate criticism of pulley machines is that they don't work out your stabilizer muscles. Which is the muscles you use when you're trying to balance a regular bench bar. You know, how you have to keep it from goin lopsided? A pulley machine is by design held straight no matter what. However, this down side is negligible and honestly is something that only really pertains to a regular bench press anyways. All it means is it would take a little bit of time for me to convert over to 200lbs on a regular bench press, as my stabilizer muscles would have to catch up. But Stabilizer muscles are simply the muscles that hold your body up. So it doesn't mean I don't have the same strength as someone who benches 200lbs on a regular bench press. I totally am.

You're better served by just putting your best mile time honestly, and not double posting in response to the same comment.
Lolno, what matters more than anything is /distance/. Just because you can run 1 mile in 1 minute, doesn't mean you can run 5 miles. I aint worried about running as fast as I possibly can, because that has very hard limits anyways. Distance however is something that you can drastically improve on and what most people are lacking more than anything.

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
Nah, you're wrong. The reason the measurements seem different is because of the physicas involved with a pulley machine. It depends on how they design the machine. But 100lbs on 1 machine is the exact same as 100lbs on another.
Thanks for agreeing with me but not being able to realize it. If it takes more force to move the same weight, the same weight is providing more resistence.
The only legitimate criticism of pulley machines is that they don't work out your stabilizer muscles. Which is the muscles you use when you're trying to balance a regular bench bar.
Other than the criticism I made, that you agree with.
You know, how you have to keep it from goin lopsided?
No clearly I don't know. Somehow I managed to get close to a 2.5 x bodyweight squat without realizing it takes stabilizer muscles. Just lol.

A pulley machine is by design held straight no matter what. However, this down side is negligible and honestly is something that only really pertains to a regular bench press anyways. All it means is it would take a little bit of time for me to convert over to 200lbs on a regular bench press, as my stabilizer muscles would have to catch up. But Stabilizer muscles are simply the muscles that hold your body up. So it doesn't mean I don't have the same strength as someone who benches 200lbs on a regular bench press. I totally am.
So If you haven't benched 200 why are you claiming you have. That's dishonest.
what matters more than anything is /distance/. Just because you can run 1 mile in 1 minute, doesn't mean you can run 5 miles.
Your standards are arbitrary as I already pointed out. Time is not.
I aint worried about running as fast as I possibly can, because that has very hard limits anyways. Distance however is something that you can drastically improve on and what most people are lacking more than anything.
You can also improve your time at any given distance, wow what a novel concept.
Lmao, I haven't been takin my abs seriously because that's purely aesthetic. I'm focused on actual functional improvement cause I'm not a vanitytard. You can take your abs, I'll take the fact that I can knock you out in a single punch.
If you can only do 20 crunches you are lacking severely in abdominal strength compared to the rest of your body, and muscle imbalances are never good functionally or aesthetically.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@soop

INB4 "Omigosh multiple posts responding to the same post!!!" sometimes some things require their own post for me to fully focus on them. Plus in the case of forgetting to respond to something, for all I know you'll respond to my other post while I'm editting it to add in the rest. Thus you won't see the edit, it's something that happens to me a lot actually.

Plus there are dozens of exercises for each of those body parts, which is something you should have known if you've been working out for over a year.
Lolno. It's so mainstream now days to focus on a wide range of exercises in a single sitting. This is because that is actually something Advanced level peeps are supposed to do. But then you have all these programs and regiments by advanced and master level weight lifters where they try to retroextrapolate their own master level routines to a beginner level. Not realizing how much of those fabricated routines still involve elements that aren't /natural/ to a beginner. Which is why you ultimately see all these scrawny ass dudes benchin like 120lbs at most, in a bunch of different exercises. I'm not saying it can't work, but it's going to be drastically slower than if you focus on a single exercise in a single sitting.

You crawl before you can walk, you walk before you can run, you run before you can sprint, etc.

Yeah, a year and a half ago was when I first got into the gym. So of course as a complete noob I started off doing 1 thing, 1 day a week. I took advantage of Supercompensation and swoled up fairly quickly. About 2/3rds of the first year, I reached the point where I could go to the gym twice a week. Albeit, with lessened overall results because it was harder to push for Supercompensation in 2 different body parts. Where I'm at now tho, is that 2 times a week is pretty solid for me and I can supercompensate with 2 different body parts. Making my growth drastically beyond anything those scrawny little scrubs are doin.

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
@soop

INB4 "Omigosh multiple posts responding to the same post!!!" sometimes some things require their own post for me to fully focus on them. Plus in the case of forgetting to respond to something, for all I know you'll respond to my other post while I'm editting it to add in the rest. Thus you won't see the edit, it's something that happens to me a lot actually.

Lolno. It's so mainstream now days to focus on a wide range of exercises in a single sitting. This is because that is actually something Advanced level peeps are supposed to do. But then you have all these programs and regiments by advanced and master level weight lifters where they try to retroextrapolate their own master level routines to a beginner level. Not realizing how much of those fabricated routines still involve elements that aren't /natural/ to a beginner. Which is why you ultimately see all these scrawny ass dudes benchin like 120lbs at most, in a bunch of different exercises. I'm not saying it can't work, but it's going to be drastically slower than if you focus on a single exercise in a single sitting.

You crawl before you can walk, you walk before you can run, you run before you can sprint, etc.

Yeah, a year and a half ago was when I first got into the gym. So of course as a complete noob I started off doing 1 thing, 1 day a week. I took advantage of Supercompensation and swoled up fairly quickly. About 2/3rds of the first year, I reached the point where I could go to the gym twice a week. Albeit, with lessened overall results because it was harder to push for Supercompensation in 2 different body parts. Where I'm at now tho, is that 2 times a week is pretty solid for me and I can supercompensate with 2 different body parts. Making my growth drastically beyond anything those scrawny little scrubs are doin.
The smallest scrawniest guy at the gym I go to can bench 175 for reps, he's been working out a few months. There's a lot of broscience here which explains your mediocre results more than anything.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for agreeing with me but not being able to realize it. If it takes more force to move the same weight, the same weight is providing more resistence.
Uh no? What I'm explaining is that there is no difference in resistance or force needed to lift the same way. You clearly don't understand how pulley physics work. But if you ever felt like 1 machine required more force for the same weight compared to another. You either had gotten weaker somehow, you weren't used to the new machine, or where the bar was set wasn't the same. The machine I use, has 3 different height settings for where the bar is at, per exercise type. So 3 height settings for bench, 3 height settings for incline, and 3 height settings for shoulder. If I set it to the highest setting for bench, it will take less force to lift it because I'm not lifting it as far compared to the lowest setting. If I set the bar to the lowest setting, then it will require the most force to lift that weight because I am lifting it further.

It takes a very basic comprehension of physics to know that a pulley does not actually behave any differently than a freefall weight like that of a regular bench press. Especially not the kind of pulley system a workout machine uses. Because it isn't even carrying any of the weight unto itself. You're still doing all of the work aside from stabilization.

No clearly I don't know. Somehow I managed to get close to a 2.5 x bodyweight squat without realizing it takes stabilizer muscles. Just lol.
Except you totally did, when you had to worry about your posture and holding the bench weight straight. Just lol.

So If you haven't benched 200 why are you claiming you have. That's dishonest.
I'm not trying to be sexist here, but why is it most often the women that respond to what I said talking like I said the complete opposite of what I actually said and explained?

Your standards are arbitrary as I already pointed out. Time is not.
Um? Einstein would like to have word with you. Time is the most arbitrary part of physics there is lol

Again, what are you gonna do with that extra second of speed that will make you superior to me? It can't help you in a fight, and if you're planning on outrunning me the only thing that is gonna matter is /how long/ you can run. Not how fast. Hence why Man is an OP hunter, because we may not be the fastest but we are most definitely one of the most perstitent and with nigh endless stamina.

You can also improve your time at any given distance, wow what a novel concept.
Which still would be completely redundant. Wow what a novel concept.

If you can only do 20 crunches you are lacking severely in abdominal strength compared to the rest of your body, and muscle imbalances are never good functionally or aesthetically.
Lolwat. Abdominal strength? The fuck you smoking? The abs aren't any kind of strength, they are a stabilizer muscle like I've been talking about. You don't use them for anything except to hold your torso up.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The smallest scrawniest guy at the gym I go to can bench 175 for reps, he's been working out a few months. There's a lot of broscience here which explains your mediocre results more than anything.
A "few months". He's probably been working out at least 9 months from the sounds of it. It took me 2 months to bench 175lbs when I started at 90lbs.

Also, lol at "broscience". That's exactly the problem with most Gym Jockies. They borrow the most mediocre level of science comprehension and act like they know jack dick. I am speaking from just plain flat out, science. You know, not that fake "broscience" nonsense.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Weight: 176
Bench:230
Front squat: 330
Deadlift: 640
OHP: 187
Just for the record, the machines I use atm max out at 210. So I'm stuck with a limit cap for now. Altho that's probably a good thing, gives me a nice spot to stop and move on to another muscle group to push to 200lbs. Balancing out my muscles. Considering I have free gym access, I can't complain at all lol

You can do 1000 punches and kicks in a sitting?
Yeah. 1000 each, just to be clear.

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
Uh no? What I'm explaining is that there is no difference in resistance or force needed to lift the same way. You clearly don't understand how pulley physics work. But if you ever felt like 1 machine required more force for the same weight compared to another. You either had gotten weaker somehow, you weren't used to the new machine, or where the bar was set wasn't the same. The machine I use, has 3 different height settings for where the bar is at, per exercise type. So 3 height settings for bench, 3 height settings for incline, and 3 height settings for shoulder. If I set it to the highest setting for bench, it will take less force to lift it because I'm not lifting it as far compared to the lowest setting. If I set the bar to the lowest setting, then it will require the most force to lift that weight because I am lifting it further.

It takes a very basic comprehension of physics to know that a pulley does not actually behave any differently than a freefall weight like that of a regular bench press. Especially not the kind of pulley system a workout machine uses. Because it isn't even carrying any of the weight unto itself. You're still doing all of the work aside from stabilization.

Except you totally did, when you had to worry about your posture and holding the bench weight straight. Just lol.

I'm not trying to be sexist here, but why is it most often the women that respond to what I said talking like I said the complete opposite of what I actually said and explained?

Um? Einstein would like to have word with you. Time is the most arbitrary part of physics there is lol

Again, what are you gonna do with that extra second of speed that will make you superior to me? It can't help you in a fight, and if you're planning on outrunning me the only thing that is gonna matter is /how long/ you can run. Not how fast. Hence why Man is an OP hunter, because we may not be the fastest but we are most definitely one of the most perstitent and with nigh endless stamina.

Which still would be completely redundant. Wow what a novel concept.

Lolwat. Abdominal strength? The fuck you smoking? The abs aren't any kind of strength, they are a stabilizer muscle like I've been talking about. You don't use them for anything except to hold your torso up.
There is no bench weight in a squat there is no bench involved in a squat holy shit you're completely out of your depth here, and probably can't hit depth either lol. You have no idea what you're talking about.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.