Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suffer from Major Depressive disorder and PTSD. I gained 40lbs in 6 months. I have been trying for 1 year to reverse that.

I found a documentary of a single mom who found a way to go from eating Mcdonalds everyday to being healthier than ever before. She even shows her before and after and discussed the difficulties of procrastination.

Do you think you can find 1 exercise to do this weekend? Or maybe 1 adjustment to your overall diet?

For me i eat oatmeal everyday. It was nasty at first but now i find ways to make it yummy like with almond milk and strawberries

I really hope this helped you to feel like you can do it to!

*** i do not own this video i suggest it out of sincere effort to motivate and encourage others

Please show support to the original owners of this video

Like, Share, Subscribe

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Awesome. At that point you just need to force yourself to get on track. First 3 weeks are the hardest, then it gets easier as you learn more. Keep trying, do your research, and never think you can't change your lifestyle or that it won't work for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. At that point you just need to force yourself to get on track. First 3 weeks are the hardest, then it gets easier as you learn more. Keep trying, do your research, and never think you can't change your lifestyle or that it won't work for you.
I love your feedback! I always find it fantastic how we as strangers can find the time to uplift one another!

Thank you for sharing i will definitely keep trying! And you too!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh I know that feeling too well. I just want to sleep so I don't have to think about things or I'll just stay in bed. But once you do start up again, it does it easier once you keep going. I do remember after I exercise, I am "happier" (as I think about the endorphin). Maybe get a workout buddy to help keep you stay motivated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I know that feeling too well. I just want to sleep so I don't have to think about things or I'll just stay in bed. But once you do start up again, it does it easier once you keep going. I do remember after I exercise, I am "happier" (as I think about the endorphin). Maybe get a workout buddy to help keep you stay motivated.
Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I struggle with the same thing but i agree that after i go running or do some tiny work outs at the gym i have a lot of energy after and feel really good!

I sincerely hope we can continue to encourage others as well!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wouldn't say it is keeping me from working out, I workout every day until my body can't take it anymore and needs a break day. Forgetting to workout is like forgetting to breathe for me.

I just get real bad depression at night time, living alone makes it harder. I tend to crave sweets as a distraction.

Or I'll drink sugary energy drinks so I clean the house. The cleaning gets done, but I can't say the energy drinks are good for me.

I would rather get hugs than reach for the sweets, that usually stops the problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't say it is keeping me from working out, I workout every day until my body can't take it anymore and needs a break day. Forgetting to workout is like forgetting to breathe for me.

I just get real bad depression at night time, living alone makes it harder. I tend to crave sweets as a distraction.

Or I'll drink sugary energy drinks so I clean the house. The cleaning gets done, but I can't say the energy drinks are good for me.

I would rather get hugs than reach for the sweets, that usually stops the problem.
I can relate to the sugar drinks. For now i have been using the powder green tea but i really really dilute it. Its gross so when i drink lemon water its like the best thing ever. I feel embarrassed i have to trick myself like that haha

And i live alone too it can be lonely! So dont feel you are alone. I commend you for being healthy and fit! I hope to become that way too :)

Just remember to do what you can when you can

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have trouble with night time lower energy also. It's hard to avoid the sweets at night. I have been drinking herbal tea instead.
Herbal tea sounds good! I've been mixing low caffeine tea with juices in a blender for energy boosts. I should probably go non-caffeine though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts