Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I arrived at the most contoversial part of my series yet, which is saying something.

Welcome to the INTP...

1. L from Death Note

He's the most perfect representation of any type to be honest.

2. Yoda from Star Wars

He's quirky yet possesses great knowledge. Lives alone. He's always theorizing, always imagining different scenarios. I cannot deduct him anything else than an INTP.

3. Zendaya's MJ in Spider-Man: Far From Home and Spider-Man: Homecoming

"By the way, travel tip: You should probably download a VPN on your phone, just so that the government can't track you while we're abroad."

4. Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) from Zombieland 1-2

Kills zombies. Shits his pants when he has to talk to the girl next door.

5. Tyler from 13 Reasons Why

And the regular one from 13 Reasons Why, that show gives so many great examples of types.
He views people through the lens of his camera because that's the only way he can connect with them.

I didn't choose anyone from BBT because the jury is still out. I'm not really sure any of them really fits the type.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,456 Posts
5 characters that always come to mind when I think INTP. (other than L of course)

Lain Iwakura

Daria

Dib

Migi

Maurice Moss

·
Registered
INTJ
538 Posts
Typically Ellen Page and Jesse Eisenberg.

I'll tell you those I like:

Ariadne from Christophe Nolan's Inception

Notice her she extraverts her feelings while he extravert his thoughts.

Inception - Ariadne Learns How To Build Dreams

Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) from Zombieland 1-2 as above mentioned

Neurotic INTP:
Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor from DC Extended Universe

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Columbus is IxFx something, probably INFP, he's a romantic at heart, perpetual "nice guy", too soft and gushy for INTP.

Daria is likely INTJ, she's too serious and flat, even though INTPs are reserved when in Ne mode we can be very goofy and whimsical which is NOT her. She's very NiFi her private sarcastic injokes that fly over other people's head in the show.

I think Robert Downey Jr's Sherlock Holmes is the best film presentation of a INTP, he's basically playing a life action version of L.

Gale and Jane from Breaking Bad are INTPs but different subtypes, Gale is the enthusiastic mega nerd while Jane is aloof goth girl.

Reactions: KindaSnob!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Columbus is IxFx something, probably INFP, he's a romantic at heart, perpetual "nice guy", too soft and gushy for INTP.

Daria is likely INTJ, she's too serious and flat, even though INTPs are reserved when in Ne mode we can be very goofy and whimsical which is NOT her. She's very NiFi her private sarcastic injokes that fly over other people's head in the show.

I think Robert Downey Jr's Sherlock Holmes is the best film presentation of a INTP, he's basically playing a life action version of L.

Gale and Jane from Breaking Bad are INTPs but different subtypes, Gale is the enthusiastic mega nerd while Jane is aloof goth girl.
Jane was IXFP in my opinion, but Gale was definitely INTP, good call.

I mean com'on.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last two one look like more ixfp
The way I described them I'm sure they sounded as such but no.
Columbus with his strict set of rules I'm sure he's NTP.

And Tyler might be an INFP but if you've actually watched the show, you know that his feelings are his demon function.
That might include a minor spoiler.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The way I described them I'm sure they sounded as such but no.
Columbus with his strict set of rules I'm sure he's NTP.

And Tyler might be an INFP but if you've actually watched the show, you know that his feelings are his demon function.
That might include a minor spoiler.
Columbus is very Fi, his rules are not Ti type stuff(Ti is situational logic so the parameters are constantly shifting) it seems to be more SiTe oriented. The dude is a hardcore romantic in a way that is disgusting to impersonal obsessed dominant Ti, he's very sentimental and gushy.

Look at how he constantly goes out of his way to have a kind of emotional harmony with everybody he encounters, INTPs just don't care about this kind of thing as much. Wichita is the closest to thing to a INTP in zombieland(I think she's ISTP).

Jane is the Ti domiant, she's more classically detached and sometimes insensitive in her interactions with Jesse.
Some people will see a person with a dour goth persona and type them as Fi domiant as that is the stereotypical INFP teenager image.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Columbus is very Fi, his rules are not Ti type stuff(Ti is situational logic so the parameters are constantly shifting) it seems to be more SiTe oriented. The dude is a hardcore romantic in a way that is disgusting to impersonal obsessed dominant Ti, he's very sentimental and gushy.

Look at how he constantly goes out of his way to have a kind of emotional harmony with everybody he encounters, INTPs just don't care about this kind of thing as much. Wichita is the closest to thing to a INTP in zombieland(I think she's ISTP).

Jane is the Ti domiant, she's more classically detached and sometimes insensitive in her interactions with Jesse.
Some people will see a person with a dour goth persona and type them as Fi domiant as that is the stereotypical INFP teenager image.
I've never seen an Fi setting up so many rules.
And I don't think Ti is situational at all. It is constant as opposed to Te which is situational.

It's weird that we're having this debate I thought Columbus was the most stereotypical INTP of all.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5
940 Posts
I might be biased because I really like the show, but I think Frank Columbo is a good representation of an INTP, specifically a 9w1. Obviously there is the logical detective side of things, but even considering how he acts socially, that he is mild mannered with no intention to hurt or insult, but sometimes he does so and is apologetic whenever it happens and is pointed out. He is perfectly content just being a lieutenant and doesn't have a lot of ambition past that, he drives an old car and doesn't care much for getting a new one, or even maintaining it.

Also, the character Harry Beltik from Queen's Gambit showed the growth of an INTP well. The first time we see him he seems arrogant in his ability to play Chess and doesn't seem to care about much beyond that, but when he returns later in the show he settles into a helpful mentor role, learns to enjoy his menial job in a shop and likes the other people who work there. He recognises that Chess doesn't make him happy, which is more important.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I've recently been thinking that Patrick Star from Spongebob Squarepants is actually a nice example of a dumb INTP (It's good to fight the stereotype of them always being brilliant). Although I have also been tipped that Moss from the IT crowd would qualify for that one.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I forgot Spock. What about Spock? Is he INTP?
Typing Spock is difficult. Remember that Vulcans are all subject to many years of intensive training to make sure that their impulses never cloud their judgment. This means that much of Spock's personality is never in the spotlight.

When reading about his personality I actually see a lot of things like him being emotional and open and stubborn. He seems to be driven by curiosity and values meeting new people very highly.
I should do a complete character study of him at some point, since I think his character has a lot of depth.

I'm really skeptical of the idea of INTP for him though. When reading about his personality that is hidden under his training, he seems to be extroverted.

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
691 Posts
Opened this thread fully expecting L to be in here and it did not disappoint. He's the posterboy for INTPs. Everything about that guy bleeds INTP.

Just rewatched Death Note and it truly does still hold up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts