Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm an INTP with my second weakest function being Introversion, sitting at around 50%. If it matters to anyone, my ordering is NTIP, the armchair general. I like to win, moreso I like to conquer. Throughout my adolescence I have been moderately introverted. However, recently I have found myself wittingly throwing myself into social situations for sport. It gives me a bit of a rush. I know I am not good in social situations, but every time I come of out one unscathed and a little better at the skill that is small talk and simple, pointless communication I feel better. The same sort of talk I used to absolutely hate I willfully engage in now. I got this girl's number yesterday at the mall on a fucking whim, not bragging but that's big for me. I feel like I win a bit every time I develop my Ne. I feel like that might be tied to my Armchair General ordering, the idea that I am conquering something. Or it could be the fact I am 17 now and may just be developing my functions. Anyone else ever do this/feel this way?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I can kind of relate. I always have it in my mind that I am bad at social interactions that I kind of surprise myself when I find out that I am actually not that bad at it but somewhat good. Though usually I have to feel in control in a devil may care way in order to come out unscathed. In order to come out in a good light in social interactions I usually have to have a high self-esteem at the time, usually when something good just happened or when I am feeling particularly happy about myself. I understand what you mean when you say that you feel like you won. To me it feels like a game.

·
Registered
208 Posts
@theinterweb Sounds to me like you are developing your functions and gaining confidence in your social abilities. As things run smoother over time it gets easier to flow with social situations like that. Added to that, you get desensitized by doing it frequently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts