Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I can flirt. It's a fun acting challenge sometimes, but it doesn't mean anything or go anywhere so that takes the pressure off. Would never be able to get the attention of a potential partner by flirting though. I would choke for sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I cannot flirt AT ALL. The only kind of flirt I think I could do, it's sweet compliments. But I compliment people all the time, so the person wouldn't even notice 'cause that's something I do to everyone to make them better... And sometimes, depending on the flirt, I think is fucking lame :laughing:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I don't consciously think about flirting, I just try to have fun and enjoy the experience with whoever I'm with. I'm not energized by seeing it as a game wherein flirting is a skill, so I drop the act and focus on what I feel good about doing.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
You know what the worst part is? Those long, long, loooong awkward silences.
silence is not awkward :eek: ! just relax and enjoy time together ... don't put expectations or any other unnecessary pressure. Let stuff unfold (or not) naturally.

·
Registered
242 Posts
So far I can say that I am pretty good when FLIRTEXTING, and it's fun, haha. But IRL I never really thought about it much. But basically that is me when "flirting":

-Manga-like, hopeful eye stare combined with a constant shy grin. Maybe some goofy sense of humor to chase out the idea that I might come off as dumbstruck.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
My style of flirting is more like... saying kinky or sexually curious things to someone I'm already talking about other personal things with. (That's my Enneagram 4w5 talking).

I really don't like the typical flirting style that most people do, stuff like "you're pretty" *wink* "let's be 'friends'". Go away, creep.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
silence is not awkward :eek: ! just relax and enjoy time together ... don't put expectations or any other unnecessary pressure. Let stuff unfold (or not) naturally.
As a general rule, I don't believe in awkward silences. But I find that I have to budge a little on that one when I'm talking to an extravert!

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
As a general rule, I don't believe in awkward silences. But I find that I have to budge a little on that one when I'm talking to an extravert!
Maybe, but in that case shouldn't the extrovert be leading the conversation anyway? :D I remember two weeks ago I was with an extrovert that I met for the first time, however I was actually giving most input to make sure it kept going. Sometimes depends on the person you are with ye..

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I can flirt sometimes. When I'm in a relationship it's very easy. When it's with somebody I'm interested in then it can be a little more difficult. I sometimes surprise myself by spontaneously flirting and getting it right...but the rest of the time there's usually just an awkward silence or a raised eyebrow.

I am very good however at winking, which I consider just the same.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I don't even know how to. If anything I try to use my nervousness to come off as "cute," as my humor when I am nervous is generally pretty blatant/monotone/deadpan/dry (Michael Cera, Home Movies, etc.) -- something that I notice is fairly 'popular' nowadays. But I have to wonder if anyone really sees that as charming, especially the people I'm actually trying to charm.

Honestly, being the type of person I am, I find flirting in general to be cheesy and unnecessary. I guess I can do it a little if I'm already dating someone but I have to be comfortable enough with them. Otherwise, the best approach, and the only approach I use, is to simply make conversation while using that sense of humor. Flirting just makes everything cryptic imo - impossible to really get close to that person the way I want to.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I think I'm okay with flirting for people who like sardonic humor, blatant awkwardness, and honesty, but that doesn't translate well to sexting. For me, anything sexual (unless it's just a discussion) is best left to in-person contact.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I flirt by accident all the time.

I have a hard time walking the line between being just being nice and making someone think I'm interested in them.

It's just that people always tell me that I'm too closed off and quiet, so I over-compensate by being talkative and smiley all the time ... Yeah, it's caused some awkward situations.

·
Registered
INFP 5w6
1,320 Posts
I reckon a lot of the time people mistake an INFP's friendliness for flirting. We tend to really engage with someone when we find them interesting, and the focus is almost entirely on them. I presume people find this flattering and interpret it as a sexual advance? When really, it's just an invitation to exchange intellect and explore possibility under the stars. When i try to flirt i tend to overdo it and scare people off, only a equally strange person would stick around to hear me out. Amazeballs when that happens though.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
The only time I ever flirt and have ever really done so is with my ENTP sort-of-love-interest. Simply due to the fact that it's impossible not to, when all we do is joke around about the most idiotic of concepts. My ex and I were very serious 99% of the time, and of the other guys I've been into, most of them were very serious and flirting wasn't much of a requirement.

I think I can flirt, though. If I'm comfortable with the environment and I know the guy well enough and like him. I think.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts