Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone find that using certain fonts helps them write more? If I use fonts like Palatino Linotype or Sylfaen it often makes my writing look more appealing and makes me want to write more. Fonts like Times New Roman are OK, but they don't have this effect.

·
Premium Member
15,242 Posts
Whenever I see someone post a message in Comic Sans, I think they are making a joke. You have just made me think of a new idea I might try concerning fonts.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I write more when using Times New Roman 12. If I use Arial 12 I end up writing less. I guess it just fills space faster than Times New Roman does. Luckily all my work has to be in TNR 12 :wink:

I agree with my profs when they say that people who use extravagant or large fonts don't have much to say. It's as if you are trying to cover up the fact that your paper is really short and non-substantive.

4,757 Posts
Arial. I like how clean and clear it is. I always use it if I can get away with it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Serif fonts (like Times New Roman) make me write more than sans-serif ones (like Arial). But it's a faint distinction.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yes it also makes it more fun to read

right now i'm using Firefox 5.0 and when i make a post, i see everything in BBCode so it's not so fun.
i think before i was able to see it the way it would look when it was posted, with the font and images in the textbox etc ---i don't know what happened? &how to change it back

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Bodoni is awesome.
Calibri is a very clean font, I like it a lot and I think it has the effect of me writing more with it.
Arial/helvetica I use when being casual or have to write something up quickly.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Old typewriter.

Reactions: Aßbiscuits

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've never noticed whether the type of font causes me to write more or less, I just prefer using fonts that I find the most aesthetically appealing.

Reactions: Neon Knight

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I have a somewhat odd question for anyone who could help. I'm looking for fonts that most Intuitives would love, especially the fantasizing sort so it can be a really nice looking font. The ones I have don't exactly scream anything remotely resembling something like they would be into.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I have a nice collection of fonts myself and forget I have as many as I do. I never think of using them considering just how many I've collected you'd think I'd have actually done something with them by now lol

·
Banned
166 Posts
The substance is in ones work, the font can define the substance of ones work but seeing a certain font for me atleast would not inspire me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts