Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I saw this:

and it made me think this...

When we're born, we all start out at different points.
Some of us are closer to each other than others,
but none of us start at exactly the same point.

Then life starts moving.
We start heading in a direction.
Everyone starts moving in their own directions
from their own unique point.

Sometimes we are headed in the same direction,
but we never meet up.
Sometimes we are headed in completely different directions,
and we never meet up.
Or sometimes we are headed in different directions,
and our paths cross for a short while.
But, because we both continue going straight ahead,
we only meet for a moment,
and then we part ways forever.

It's not until we decide to change course
that we can ever align our path with someone else's.
Maybe they change course to meet our path.
Maybe we change course to meet theirs.
Or, even better, maybe we both change a little
to meet somewhere in the middle.

But if we are to ever to continue the rest of the journey
in sync with someone else's line,
someone, or maybe both, have to change course.
Change can be scary,
because you're suddenly heading in a different direction.
You're not sure where you're going anymore;
you're not following the same path you're used to taking.

But it's the only way to continue together,
instead of alone.

Relationships require change;
they require compromise.
They require a shift in course
to meet someone else's path.

Heading straight will get you where you first intended to go,
but you'll end up there alone, in the end.

Fin.

(My intention in posting this is purely out of sudden inspiration.
If you would like to discuss, expand, or add anything to this, please do!)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Throw certain Quantum theories into the mix, and maybe we have- all,most or many of us (and everything else in existence)- met at some point, somewhere, in some capacity. At the very least we are part of the greater whole, all made of the same stuff. As such, there is nothing really to worry about, and no need to compromise. Additionally, according to this line of reasoning, the 'end' is not the end.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throw certain Quantum theories into the mix, and maybe we have- all,most or many of us (and everything else in existence)- met at some point, somewhere, in some capacity. At the very least we are part of the greater whole, all made of the same stuff. As such, there is nothing really to worry about, and no need to compromise. Additionally, according to this line of reasoning, the 'end' is not the end.
See, now, I think that, for me, it leads me to this realization that, even though we may meet at many points with many (or like you said, maybe most) others, we will only meet for a brief period, and then separate. Certainly, if that is how someone wants to live- never in unity with another person, but alone and only briefly connecting, then I agree that there is no need to compromise at all.
I feel so drawn to be in unity with another, though, that this drives me to do quite the opposite.
I think where this really speaks to me is in that little voice in my head that gets angry when I'm asked to compromise for the sake of a relationship- the part that says, "I don't want change!!"
I think that, if you want to have a deep, continuous, lifelong relationship with another, compromise has to happen. You have to meet somewhere, or you will part.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I don't see people as lines. That would mean no one is focused on each other. Some people don't even have any direction or path. They might just go wherever you go. It made me think of this though.

If they are lines they can be towards each other ----> <----- but from there who knows.

·
Banned
158 Posts
To further entertain this topic with Quantum Theory, we can never be sure of both where we are and where we are going. Unlike straight lines in a cartesian coordinate system. The element of uncertainty gives us hope of change and the existence of free will.

Reactions: HorribleAesthete
1 - 8 of 8 Posts