Personality Cafe banner

Food texture

• I'm very picky about it - I have a lot food texture issues.

Votes: 57 26.8%
  • I have a few texture issues, but it's not a big deal for me.

Votes: 98 46.0%
  • fooood! as long as it's tasty, I'm there.

Votes: 40 18.8%
  • Wait - people actually have this issue?

Votes: 18 8.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 89 Posts
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had a problem with food texture - as long as it tastes good, I'm there. But it seems like there are many people have issues with food texture. I find that an interesting little quirk.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I have never had a problem with food texture - as long as it tastes good, I'm there. But it seems like there are many people have issues with food texture. I find that an interesting little quirk.
The reason why I like a lot of foods is because of the texture. Screw the taste...

I like crunchy textures. I can't stand chips though. Anything gooey like warm caramel is a favourite of mine too. Also jelly or homemade custard that is thick... mmmm.

4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason why I like a lot of foods is because of the texture. Screw the taste...
I haven't heard that one yet. I can see what you mean - the only reason I eat jelly is because of the texture. I mean, really, does jelly really taste like anything?

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have this problem. Raw onions, I cannot do them. The crunch is so absurd to me, it makes me want to gag. I know that's silly, but it's the truth. I'm the same way with mushrooms, can't stand them, and also anything really slimy.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm not much for mush.

Reactions: WannieTheSane

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I'm more about the flavor too, but then I also LIKE different textures. Any "picky-ness" is over quality. If something is poorly made & that affects the texture negatively, then it may be an issue. The only texture I am not crazy about is VERY slimy sea food, but if it's prepared right, then it's usually not a problem. My idea of slimy is probably more extreme than some other people's definition also. There's some stuff people would call slimy that I wouldn't.....

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I don't think I'm fussy but there are a few foods I can only eat one way. Like broccoli needs to be more on the crunchy side like chinese style, same deal with onions can't do raw, one of those weirdos that prefers soggy weetbix especially with warm milk, I prefer melted icecream/softsoftserve, prefer bread that is soft and not crunchy, don't like scrabbled eggs, love lumpy custard, prefer raw cabbage over cooked, don't like whole potato, prefer crispy baked pumpkin/yam over steamed, soft cookies over crunchy cookies and that's all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Overall taste is more important than texture but the best foods score high in both. There are very few foods I dislike due to their texture. Some cheeses I suppose.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I am far more sensitive to touch than to taste, and therefore tend to pick my foods more for the texture than the flavor.

4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one of those weirdos that prefers soggy weetbix especially with warm milk
I'm all over that too. I like to microwave them until they become a big bowl of warm mush

·
Registered
523 Posts
I can't eat oatmeal or jelly, among other things, because I find the texture that disgusting. I care about taste, too, but if the texture's wrong, I can't eat it, and if I try, I throw up:frustrating:.

4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's a difference in texture between green apples and red apples?
Yeah - green apples tend to be a lot firmer and crisper. Red apples can get mushy very easily.

huh, maybe I do have a texture issue as I definitely prefer green apples based on the texture and the acidity.

Reactions: Lullaby

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Some foods I like, because of the texture. Some foods I dislike, because of the texture. The same can be said for taste. Then there's smell, presentation, aesthetics, etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only food texture weirdo, even if we're picky about different things. In my case, I go for things with a homogeneous texture - bread without seeds, chips, crackers, MEAT, mashed potatoes... I have issues with most fruit and vegetables. I like corn (don't know why it's an exception) and I've learned to handle green beans. I love the taste of french onion soup - but leave the onions in the bowl.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts