Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Narcissa is an ISFJ.
Bellatrix in the books is ESTJ ,in the movies they somehow make her seem ESFP.
Bellatrix is definitely an extrovert and a Te user, I don't remember her using Fe at all.

Reactions: angelcat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Narcissa is an ISFJ.
Bellatrix in the books is ESTJ ,in the movies they somehow make her seem ESFP.
Bellatrix is definitely an extrovert and a Te user, I don't remember her using Fe at all.
I always thought of Bellatrix as a feeling type because of loyal and devoted she was to Voldemort. Also in the books, she seemed like almost an introvert.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I agree with Mair, she's not an ISFJ. I think she's an xSTJ, no Fe whatsoever. But she's also fucking crazy, so I'm not sure if we should try to type her.

·
Registered
930 Posts
An ISFJ would find it impossible to murder somebody. I have trouble speaking up and getting into a debate with people; taking somebody's life is completely unthinkable to me 0_o

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
An ISFJ would find it impossible to murder somebody. I have trouble speaking up and getting into a debate with people; taking somebody's life is completely unthinkable to me 0_o
I'm not sure that is the case for all ISFJs. I mean, yes, I agree on a personal level (I even feel bad killing bugs) but ... there were ISFJ Nazi commanders who oversaw the slaughter of hundreds of thousands. Pair a fanatic with racism and a Fe-user can justify anything (Hitler, also, was an IXFJ type). Bellatrix was insane...

But no, I don't think she was an SFJ type. Narcissa, on the other hand? Yes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Narcissa- maybe. Devoted to her family, and maybe she'll have found it impossible to step out of her comfort zone, that's why she married Lucius.

Bellatrix- hmmmmm.

She's frightfully loyal to Voldemort. Check.

She had a barrage of questions for Severus in the opening of HBP. Very sensor-ish. Also, she used Ti (all those annoying sounds when Narcissa was trying to communicate to Severus about her visit) before her Fe got the better of her and she began peppering him with questions.

One thing that struck me on some ISFJ website was that ISFJs get obsessed over a thought/an idea they have in their minds, no matter how ludicrous it is, and then go all out to pursue answers in favour of that idea they have--- Bella fried the brains of the Longbottom couple because she got the idea that somehow they had all the answers. Doesn't sound like a thinking type to me.

How. in. the. universe. did. she. get. that. house-elf. Kreacher. so. faithful. to. her. ?? "Kreacher wants to go to Miss Bellatrix, not the Potter brat BLAH BLAH BLAH. " Not Miss Narcissa. And Bella's photo took pride of place LOL.

She was the first one to rush to Voldemort's aid after he "killed" Harry in the forest, like she genuinely cared for his well-being rather than the rest.

I dunno. I lost all my senses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some thoughts on Bellatrix's type

I don't see Bellatrix as an ISFJ. I think Narcissa is a pretty clear ISFJ and the sisters are not the same type. Bellatrix is really hard to type, I've been thinking about this for several days. First off, in my opinion, the movie depiction/popular perception is somewhat clouding general ideas of the character. I thought the movie depiction of Bellatrix changed her quite significantly. To sum it all up, to me, the book character seemed more, well, sane (a relative term) making her fanaticism and sadistic behavior MUCH scarier. The movie Bella, you might think she was just unstable and that led her to slavishly adoring Voldemort and all her evil came from this obsession. I think the book Bellatrix was passionately devoted to very twisted ideals and loved/lusted/idealized Voldemort BECAUSE she viewed him as the embodiment of her ideals. So I am trying to type book Bellatrix:
I'd bet my all my shoes she is Fi dom or auxiliiary; as an Fi user myself, this is as clear to me as it is freaky. Not sure where to go from there, though. Been waffling between the four types that could be and would love to hear other people's thoughts.
Some examples from selections in the book :
The scene Harry witnessed in the Pensieve of her being sent to Azkaban (not in the movies), where "She sat on the chair like it was a throne." In her mind she is a proud martyr of her cause. I've heard Fi described as "the protester lying down in front of a bulldozer" .
The scene at the end of Order of the Phoenix, where I think you can kind of see her Fi and Lucius Malfoy's Fe colliding in how they want to handle the situation.
The scene at the beginning of Half-Blood Prince: "If I had sons, I would gladly give them up to the service of the Dark Lord!" Yowza. A deep internal value system, but a sick one.
Any thoughts? Want me to elaborate on anything?
So that leaves us with ISFP, ESFP, ENFP, or INFP. Don't know. I'm leaning more towards the N's at the moment. I know people usually don't think of those types as being evil, but of course any type can be evil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts