Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who entered or are entering university/college during the second half of the year (July-December), what was/is the month of your intake?

Additional information for how long it took to process your admission from your application/acceptance date would be cool too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've been to two universities, I entered both in August. The first was a small, private university. I applied to the university in late October and heard back in November. I technically started attending the school the next August. The time I had to wait to hear back if I was in or not wasn't very long at all. IIRC, it took about two weeks for my application to be processed and to be accepted.

For my second university, I applied in late May/early June. It took a while for me to get all the documentation and transcripts I needed to get, hence why it took until early June to submit all the pieces of the application. My application was processed and I heard back from the second university in late July IIRC. I had a lot of problems signing up for my classes for my second university due to the stupid administration. Scarily enough, I ended up not signing up for all of them until a couple of days before classes began in August. Not a fun experience worrying about whether the classes I needed would be full. The courses began mid August.

Hope that was helpful for you. :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
First I am in America.

Second, I have attended two universities, one for a graduate program. The first one, I submitted the application in January when I was a senior in high school, and I was trying to start as a full-time freshman. I was accepted in March, and I had until May 1 to accept. I started college in August.

The second one was a master's program that accepted people on a rolling basis. I applied in January, was accepted in January or early February, had to take a prerequisite course for the program in June/July before the fall semester, and started classes in August.

I hope that helped, but why were you curious about this? I am sure it will vary a lot of by country and by type of calendar used at the institution.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend of mine who is not from the US wants to apply to a US college. He has not taken his SAT tests yet. The next SAT test won't be any time soon, so is it too late for him to start college in August/September?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts