Personality Cafe banner
201 - 220 of 241 Posts
Oh boy...

This thread kind of makes me uncomfortable. I'm a sensitive person but I don't like being coddled and told that it's ok to be excessively sensitive and needy.

I see it as a personal weakness, it's something that holds me back from growing and I'd honestly rather be stronger and more resilliant emotionally.

Major props to the whole "imagining your needs being met and feeling a sense of wholeness" explaination though. That is soooo accurate.
It makes me uncomfortable too.

Ironically, I'm much more content now that I've accepted the fact that I will never be happy.

I'm 28, 33% of the way to the grave unless I get lucky on the way and I end sooner rather than later. :)
Chin up lads and ladies, its not so bad.

I think I need someone to talk to... Feelings and thoughts about my current situation have me paralyzed. Maybe I'm just being too negative, but I seem to be stuck in a dark spiral.

Reactions: LittleDreamer
(Man it's long and meaningless. If you want to read it, then read it. I warned you. But this hollowness is contagious. Proceed with caution.)

I am kind of a sensitive person on the inside. But i don't really feel sadness nor happiness, only emptiness. I kind of start to like it, but people say i'm uninterested about them and everything. And that's a bit true. I don't really care about anything anymore. And actually I like to be lonely. I crave for it. But then again. What is my use for this world. I can't really give anything really. I'm just. And it doesn't really bother me that much. Maybe my family. But i gave up on myself already. I have great talents, but if i don't use it, it just goes to waste. And it's way worse than just being incapable and helpless. Idk. I like watching clouds. It would be nice if i could be a ghost. I don't really want ot go to heaven or anything. They are too good there. I just want to observe that i see and do nothing. Yeah pretty much.

I kept avoiding this thread because I detest letting myself feel this way. And I go to great lengths to change or hide it. Project a false image.
But I feel so sensitive, lonely, and needy. I am sensitive, needy, and lonely. It's not just something fleeting. I seek out music that fits how I feel and I stick to it. Wrapping myself up with it as if it's a blanket. Warm at first...eventually suffocating.

Do not despair for sensitivity, be thankful. As heavy as this gift can be to bear, it was given to us for a reason.

I thank

God made, god made a twig,
so I could tie a wreath.
I thank, I thank for pain,
that teaches me to ask.
Thanks, thanks for the failure,
that will teach me diligence,
so that I, so that I could bring a gift,
though I hardly have any strength left.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Thanks for weakness,
that teaches me humbleness,
humbleness, humbleness for joy,
humbleness without submission.
Thanks, for tears I thank,
that will teach me feelings,
to those living, who, to those living who complain
and cry for empathy.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

For yearning, for yearning for beauty
I thank for ugliness,
for that battle of
love and hate.
For sweetness, for sweetness of falling asleep
I thank for weariness,
I thank for ignition of fire
and bubbling of weir.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

I thank for thirst,
that betrayed weakness,
I thank, I thank for anguish
that will refine art.

For that I love,
though fear clutched my heart,
ewe lamb, I thank you,
you didn't die for nothing.
Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks.

Do not despair for sensitivity, be thankful. As heavy as this gift can be to bear, it was given to us for a reason
Precisely. And remember, sensitivity is only negative if all you see is the negative. There are two sides to everything, and the key to a happier life is to minimize the negative side, and maximize the positive.

If you're a sensitive soul in an insensitive world, change the world. Or rather, change your immediate reality. I've found a lot of truth in the saying "we create our own reality".
I used to be the same way, would have given anything to be "normal", and so I subjected myself to the things normal people did. Like watching the news every night, subjecting myself to horror and gory movies (cause all guys like that, right?), going to rowdy parties getting drunk, etc. All it did was make me more depressed, and hating myself even more. Until one day I realized the problem wasn't me being sensitive, it was me trying to be Insensitive.
So I stopped watching the mainstream news, opting for media that actually catered to the things I find interesting. I stopped watching and listening to things that upset me. And guess what? My life wasn't poorer for it, quite the opposite. The beauty of today's world, is that we now have choices.
When I grew up, we only had one tv channel (yes, I'm old :gentleman:), and so whatever was on that channel, and whatever our parents and friends would talk about, was our whole world. And if we didn't fit in that world, then there was something wrong with us. Nowadays, there are thousands of worlds out there, you just need to find the ones that fit you.

That doesn't mean you should cocoon yourself, there are always going to be things in this world that hurt us sensitives. But it is possible to reduce the amount of things that hurt us, and when you do, you will be better equipped to deal with the things you can't avoid.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there is a better life out there for us, and that life starts with admitting and fully accepting that we ARE sensitive. And screw what the world thinks about that.
Or try this: you're a penguin in Africa. You can either sit around in the sun like all the "normals", waiting to die of heatstroke, or you can hijack a freighter and sail to Antarctica, somewhere you belong..

I thank

God made, god made a twig,
so I could tie a wreath.
I thank, I thank for pain,
that teaches me to ask.
Thanks, thanks for the failure,
that will teach me diligence,
so that I, so that I could bring a gift,
though I hardly have any strength left.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Thanks for weakness,
that teaches me humbleness,
humbleness, humbleness for joy,
humbleness without submission.
Thanks, for tears I thank,
that will teach me feelings,
to those living, who, to those living who complain
and cry for empathy.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

For yearning, for yearning for beauty
I thank for ugliness,
for that battle of
love and hate.
For sweetness, for sweetness of falling asleep
I thank for weariness,
I thank for ignition of fire
and bubbling of weir.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

I thank for thirst,
that betrayed weakness,
I thank, I thank for anguish
that will refine art.

For that I love,
though fear clutched my heart,
ewe lamb, I thank you,
you didn't die for nothing.
Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks.
This is so beautiful. Thank you.

I'm touched, sometimes things can be and will be a blessing in disguise. Sometimes we do see thru people but still stick around whether its up to us or not, but confidence is key, if your anything & everything was on the line who's to say hold or fold. Your mind should always be protected but most important so should your heart ❤ .
Make sure that your uniqueness should be brought out behind closed doors lol by the one who brings the best out of you.. If you feel like you're drowning they'll be there to help scoop you out of any situation , a partner is a ride or die, that's right or wrong/ wrong or right. A team effort , positive criticism to better ourself so we don't show weakness or know how to control the outcome if people to try and take advantage of our kindness. Everyone is different & anyone can be the same , what's your sign and how can I help you help me make a better place for both of us xD I'm gonna try to answer those questions best as I can without exposing confidentiality 😉😋☺ thanks

Yours Truly -

Precisely. And remember, sensitivity is only negative if all you see is the negative. There are two sides to everything, and the key to a happier life is to minimize the negative side, and maximize the positive.

If you're a sensitive soul in an insensitive world, change the world. Or rather, change your immediate reality. I've found a lot of truth in the saying "we create our own reality".
I used to be the same way, would have given anything to be "normal", and so I subjected myself to the things normal people did. Like watching the news every night, subjecting myself to horror and gory movies (cause all guys like that, right?), going to rowdy parties getting drunk, etc. All it did was make me more depressed, and hating myself even more. Until one day I realized the problem wasn't me being sensitive, it was me trying to be Insensitive.
So I stopped watching the mainstream news, opting for media that actually catered to the things I find interesting. I stopped watching and listening to things that upset me. And guess what? My life wasn't poorer for it, quite the opposite. The beauty of today's world, is that we now have choices.
When I grew up, we only had one tv channel (yes, I'm old :gentleman:), and so whatever was on that channel, and whatever our parents and friends would talk about, was our whole world. And if we didn't fit in that world, then there was something wrong with us. Nowadays, there are thousands of worlds out there, you just need to find the ones that fit you.

That doesn't mean you should cocoon yourself, there are always going to be things in this world that hurt us sensitives. But it is possible to reduce the amount of things that hurt us, and when you do, you will be better equipped to deal with the things you can't avoid.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there is a better life out there for us, and that life starts with admitting and fully accepting that we ARE sensitive. And screw what the world thinks about that.
Or try this: you're a penguin in Africa. You can either sit around in the sun like all the "normals", waiting to die of heatstroke, or you can hijack a freighter and sail to Antarctica, somewhere you belong..
Thank you for your post. @SilverFalcon’s one as well.

Since some time ago I’ve been in a pretty bad place. Emotionally and psychologically, and I’ve been so tired because things have been exhausting too. And I’ve realised how much insensitivity there is around, something I never truly noticed and looked at before.

This world can be so insensitive. Not because people are mean but because they were also subjected to insensitivity and pain that drove them to be hardened.

I’ve been trying to face my own inner negative things. It’s so uncomfortable but I try to dig things out. Some things I never realised about it. It’s been so hard, but I must do it.
But it’s so hard to remain myself to be in the light. To be positive, courageous, empathetic, instead of letting negative emotions to consume me. Hatred, resentment, hurt, anger and all, inside me but I want to change it.

sometimes I succeed, sometimes I’m still that immature ugly person.

But Fe is great as when I empathize, I can be more understanding which in return I can solve the ugly emotions.

Sometimes I still want to hide from the world. Sometimes it can be so lonely.

I apologize for these rants. But thank you for this post, I needed to read this.

Hi. I feel empty. In the past I would look for people here to talk to me, listen to my problems or befriends, but now I've realised is not so easy to get to know a person out of nothing, and non personal interaction lacks something. That makes me sad, because I don't think I will find a real friend in the sphere of people I currently move.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.