Personality Cafe banner
221 - 240 of 241 Posts
Thank you so much for writing this. I really needed it. There is a quote in the movie ā€œinto the wildā€ that says : The fragility of a crystal is not a weakness, but a fineness ā€œ your encouraging words reminded me of this.

Reactions: Wellsy
Hi. I feel empty. In the past I would look for people here to talk to me, listen to my problems or befriends, but now I've realised is not so easy to get to know a person out of nothing, and non personal interaction lacks something. That makes me sad, because I don't think I will find a real friend in the sphere of people I currently move.
I feel bored and lonely...
Same. I feel lonely and empty too.

There's too much insensitivity around me irl that I'm forced to hide my feelings all the time, even thoughts and opinions. It's like I don't matter to anyone at all. I don't plan on being popular or anything, but I just wish someone would appreciate me for who I really am...

Reactions: nomedaigual
sometimes its hard to find meaning in life and thats ok.

I just want a goshdamn person I can open up to and be intimate (not necessarily romantic, just more sharing our deepest thoughts and feelings) with without being judged or having fear of judgement, and just somebody, somebody! I can be a goofball with. No filters!
šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I just want a goshdamn person I can open up to and be intimate (not necessarily romantic, just more sharing our deepest thoughts and feelings) with without being judged or having fear of judgement, and just somebody, somebody! I can be a goofball with. No filters!
šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
I feel this on so many levels. It seems like anytime I open up to people about my feelings, they get sort of overwhelmed by things and they always end up looking at me oddly. This is why it's very hard for me to open up to people because so many people judge. If you ever need someone to talk to, send me a message. :)

šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
I feel this on so many levels. It seems like anytime I open up to people about my feelings, they get sort of overwhelmed by things and they always end up looking at me oddly. This is why it's very hard for me to open up to people because so many people judge. If you ever need someone to talk to, send me a message. :)
Same. Same.

Talking to myself has gotten very old since the lockdowns. But now it's even harder because everyone has issues. More important or pressing concerns than how I'm feeling.

šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
I feel this too!šŸ˜­

I can't find the INFP feeling thread and I'm a mess today, so going to just write here.

I feel like I want to have this neat, tidy map of how things should be, which can be overlayed on how they are. There is someone for everyone and people can all get along etc. It's probably childish and it sort of reminds me of how my grandma used to make her bed...like everything is perfectly in its place.

So it's like that or like some kind of map.

And I just feel so sad today because I don't know if it's real or if I am on that map of love. I don't know if there is a place for me, or that's how I feel.

I had a dream as a young child, that I was flying and then I got sucked down onto this Tupperware of archeopteryx like, fierce reptilian creatures. And they were just clawing to get out.

I associate the Tupperware with my grandma--it's like she put all the evils in the world in a Tupperware. But I don't know if I have the Tupperware magic to live like that. And now I find myself falling away from my childishly scribbled map of how everything is fine and love is supposed to work this way.

I think I just need to work on the map better--if I made a mistake I can just update it. Probably less of a map and more of a chart--like Thomas Aquinas thing--it probably has a name but idk and it's five in the morning. Theological map or something.

Necessary love of neighbor
The basic commandments is "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." From these follows three points regarding the love of our neighbor we must have:

First, it must be true love, that is, we must love him or her not in the sense that we may love chocolate or wine. When we love these we refer them to ourselves, whom we properly love. We must love our neighbors so as to will them good for their own sake, and not only inasmuch as they are pleasant or helpful to use.

Secondly, we must love our neighbor with an ordered love. Everyone loves his spiritual nature more than his bodily nature. This is evident from the fact that no one would prefer being an idiot to being blind. So also we must love the spiritual good of our neighbor more than his bodily good, and again, we must love his bodily good more than his external goods.

Thirdly, we must love our neighbors with a holy love, inasmuch as we must love both ourselves and them as made in the likeness of God, as ordered to God, and as called to communion with him. Since what is ordered to God is called holy, loving our neighbor for God's sake is a holy love.

Fourthly, we must love our neighbor with an efficacious love, that is, a love that proves itself by deeds, as St. John says, "let us not love in word or in speech, but in deed and in truth."
Perhaps I should read Thomas Aquinas or maybe some Buddhist texts.

What would be satisfying to me for selfish reasons? Being understood, having intimacy--physical intimacy too. I feel like humans sort of evolved to...or maybe it was just how I was raised, in part, feel safer when close proximity to those they trust. Being understood and accepted. Being loved and being able to feel that love. And of course being able to love and give the love that doesn't hurt anyone, but instead makes everything better for everyone. Having my spiritual health cared about, and emotional health, and physical health. I guess that's love.

It is early in the morning and I did sleep a few hours but woke up at 2am. The time reminds me of the Rumi poem:

Don't Go Back To Sleep

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.

You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.

People are going back and forth
across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.

The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.

But I am tired--and yet if I go back to sleep, but I think he means it metaphorically.

But the sun is coming up now.

I've noticed a bit late that it is an old thread but just wanted to say thank you for those words, I forgot how much reading can make me from restless to a sleeping kitten

I would like to add that this really helped me, I hope its ok to post here even though this thread is really old, but reading it brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart. thank you so much for this encouragement, I really needed it.

Thank you for posting this. I really needed to read this today. There's times where I find myself feeling so lonely and not understood by others simply because of the way I am. My sense of humor especially is all over the place and I find the weirdest things to be funny. Sometimes I just want someone else to laugh with and be able to open up too without them looking at me like I'm weird or judge me. It's so hard to find people who won't judge you, simply for being different.

šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Say no mo. No judgment here. I'm in the business of non-romantic thought sharing. Idk whether you're still looking for that, I see it's been awhile since you posted this but if you are, give me a holler ;)

šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
aww me too, I really miss talking my deepest thoughts and feelings with someone... I miss having a best friend to talk to. I got one from here, 6 years ago. After 2 years of relationship, he left me. Not blaming him, It was all my fault. But the thing that hurt me the most is not the fact that I lost him as a boyfriend, but I lost a dear friend, my only best friend. So, I don't really know why I opened this website again after six years, maybe I just miss him. Maybe I just want to try my luck finding a friend here

221 - 240 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.