Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever taken it? What have been your experiences with it?

Please stay on topic, I'm not interested in hearing about what your moral/political views are on this topic. Especially not today.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the UK, drug companies can't advertise prescription stuff, so the brand names aren't so relevant.

In any case, I've never used it, but I wouldn't hesitate to if I felt there was a need.
That's very interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
ive never taken it, but it sounds much less painful than an abortion or adoption and theres not much you can do now if you didnt use protection or it broke. So bottom line, even if there are slight side effects, could they be any worse than your other options?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
To me, it would be the least of all evils.

It can, in effect, be an abortion. It just occurs at a really early stage. . . before the fertilised egg can even attach itself to the womb.

I've heard that it's like an extra heavy period.
I doubt it could be worse than some of the periods I've had. . .

If you wait longer, it could happen that there's no problem to worry about, or it could be that it's an even bigger problem.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Its pretty hard on your system. You might have irregular periods up to 3 months after, and you will feel sick after taking it.
I wouldnt recommend taking it often. I knew a girl who took it 4 times in one year and it took a long time to get her cycle back to normal.. Lots of breakthrough bleeding and long periods

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To me, it would be the least of all evils.

It can, in effect, be an abortion. It just occurs at a really early stage. . . before the fertilised egg can even attach itself to the womb.

I've heard that it's like an extra heavy period.
I doubt it could be worse than some of the periods I've had. . .

If you wait longer, it could happen that there's no problem to worry about, or it could be that it's an even bigger problem.
Yeah, no. I completely agree. I took it a few hours ago without hardly even giving it a second thought, I was just curious as to other people's experiences. It's very unlikely that I would even get pregnant anyway because I'm very regular and track my menstrual cycle like a compulsive freak, but I just don't want to be in a position where I actually have to choose to have an abortion.

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Its pretty hard on your system. You might have irregular periods up to 3 months after, and you will feel sick after taking it.
I wouldnt recommend taking it often. I knew a girl who took it 4 times in one year and it took a long time to get her cycle back to normal.. Lots of breakthrough bleeding and long periods
I don't want to come off as any kind of judgmental bitch because I don't know this person nor do I understand her situation but why wasn't she on some other form of birth control?

Reactions: killerB

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
That sounds like how my periods were after I had the Mirena coil put in. . .

·
Banned
493 Posts
Hey @knittigan. I do have experience with this :blushed: For the good of mankind!

Okay, go to a pharmacy and just ask them for plan B. You'll have to provide your license... and it costs, at least where I live, around $40. It's quite an investment. You're either given one pill... or 2 pills, depending on the brand. Take the first/only pill immediately; the pill is most effective before 72 hours are up... Try to take it within 24 hours though.

Plan B is pretty straightforward. It's all on the box. Just go to the pharmacy and ask for it. Tis nerve wrecking because... well, if you're a private person, like me, it can be a bit embarrassing. But the people at the pharmacy don't care, at all.

Drive-thru it if you can haha.

Good luck <3

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I don't want to come off as any kind of judgmental bitch because I don't know this person nor do I understand her situation but why wasn't she on some other form of birth control?
Lol no thats a good question. She was using poor judgment, plain& simple. Sexually active but not using precautions other than the morning after pill.

at least she gave all our coworkers a case study on what repeated abuse of plan B will do to you. It's created for emergencies not for regular usage.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I actually had a completely painless experience with Plan B. I took it once, a few months ago, after a condom broke.

A lot of people think it's this horrible pill that will fuck up your period and make you vomit all over the place, but that wasn't the case with me at all-- and this is coming from someone who gets nauseous simply from doubling up and taking 2 birth control pills in one day. I think the estrogen is what makes you nauseous with the pill, but the morning-after pill (or at least Plan B) only has progesterone, no estrogen. I was anticipating feeling extremely sick but felt completely normal.

No other side effects. Period came fairly on time the next month. And, obviously, no baby.

You should be fine : ) Props for bein' responsible and not taking any chances!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hey @knittigan. I do have experience with this :blushed: For the good of mankind!

Okay, go to a pharmacy and just ask them for plan B. You'll have to provide your license... and it costs, at least where I live, around $40. It's quite an investment. You're either given one pill... or 2 pills, depending on the brand. Take the first/only pill immediately; the pill is most effective before 72 hours are up... Try to take it within 24 hours though.

Plan B is pretty straightforward. It's all on the box. Just go to the pharmacy and ask for it. Tis nerve wrecking because... well, if you're a private person, like me, it can be a bit embarrassing. But the people at the pharmacy don't care, at all.

Drive-thru it if you can haha.

Good luck <3
$40?!!!
That's not cheap!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$40?!!!
That's not cheap!
No, it's not. Mine was $38-something. But I'd far rather shell out $40 than have to deal with a pregnancy scare and/or possible abortion.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts