Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peoples.

Have you ever tried to forget someone because you know it's the best thing to do? Yet, you can't seem to?

I'm going through this at the moment.

It'd be nice to know how to go about this. Forgetting them, that is.

I dislike forgetting people in actuality. I really don't want to forget about this particular person because I truly treasured our time together. Yet, my emotions are stubborn and I wallow in despair thinking about them.

I hate feeling like this.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm waiting for someone to get over another person, so they can move on. To me. I know that I eventually got over. I distanced myself from them and got back to 100%. Time does heal all wounds. (except for gunshots and bombs, those will fuck you up)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello peoples.

Have you ever tried to forget someone because you know it's the best thing to do? Yet, you can't seem to?

I dislike forgetting people in actuality. I really don't want to forget about this particular person because I truly treasured our time together. Yet, my emotions are stubborn and I wallow in despair thinking about them.

I feel the same way right now. ;__;
Here is a brownie sundae for you in hopes of making it somewhat better...

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel the same way right now. ;__;
Here is a brownie sundae for you in hopes of making it somewhat better...
*Takes brownie-sundae... Eats it at all...*

My sundae, it's finished! Now what do I do to fill this void more than just temporarily?!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Aw, dear. All of us who have been through this completely understand how you feel, but we're stuck on the answer, too; because there isn't a quick fix on this one. (Trust us, we've tried!)

Try the things that made you happy in the past, and keep trying different ones if they don't work. Slowly, but surely, you'll get over this.

And cry/talk/bemoan/vent as necessary!

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alcoholism and a few hours staring at the ceiling in silent contemplation usually works for me.

Honestly, time heals all wounds and as long as you keep your mind preoccupied with other things, your emotions will take its coarse.
Yep, the liquor. I did it. I DIDS IT. It did nothing.

Me: Liquor, make me forget...
Liquor: Drink up!
Me: Ok, shit-faced... Check... Ceiling staring... Check
Liquor: Guess what?
Me: I forgot them?
Liquor: NO!

Me: Life... is cruel.

I do agree that time will help though. Thanks monsieur.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am an ENTP/J and have seen this in ESFJ's I romance with. ESFJ's are strong irrational Feelers that often take decisions to end relationships because they can not control the other person. The decision is often taken prematurely and they usually regret it. It could sometimes be better to accept differenes and find a middle way to love and friendship. If you keep consuming others you will end up with few friends and no satisfactorily close relation. I never forget anyone. I can focus on other people and the rest woll fade but forget I never will. Therefore saying "perhaps we will meet again, best of luck to you" and be happy for what you two experienced is better than saying "go to hell" and then play silent games until you know you hurt the other real bad. We are all human and clash of personality types are common. So whether you want to be able to see this person in the eyes later or you want to patch up and try again when things cool off you should be consuderate. Also for your own good because you risk becoming hard inside and if you consume a lot of people your love is not real anymore. Either patch up or make sure you part in a proper way. Then if you want you can forget without feeling so bad. And you can forget faster and sleep better. My fiancee and I have started a 3'rd time in 7 years and we are bothe very happy. She is an ENFJ. And fits me well. And I fit her. We never said a bad word when braking up. And now everyting works just fine.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
You can't ignore how you feel or once felt about someone.. When a person holds a special place in your heart, there's no denying how much they've impacted you even in the smallest way when they've left a deep mark.

Sorta like unfinished business. I learn to go about life and carry on with those special memories that mean the world to me. Those special moments are treasured memories that don't fade.

They transform.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I know how you feel and it sucks big time. I think there are a few ways to get out of the feeling.

1. The most difficult one: time and acceptans. It's terrible, but nothing you can do - just stay in that feeling, it WILL pass, because ALL feelings do. It's the nature of any feeling. They can't last forever.

2. Re-program your brain. This could be an option if you're definetly stuck in a pattern of thoughts that won't leave you alone ever. For example you can read this book : Amazon.com: It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy (9780767921855): Greg Behrendt, Amiira Ruotola-Behrendt: Books . Make up your mind and force yourself to do things and think things you dont really feel like, in order to change the mental pattern you're in.

3. After a break-up or what ever, it can be neccesary to spend some time apart, without much contact , until the feelings calms down. And remember that keeping the distance for a while does NOT mean that you're totally letting go of that person, that you don't value what you had together and doesn't mean you can't be the best of friends once you're on solid ground again.

In my life I've found that romantic love can last only so long, but friendship can last forever. (But that doesnt keep me from hoping to find the ever-lasting love.)

Hope you get better soon girlfriend!!!!! *moah*

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Hello peoples.

Don't forget, don't even try. That's a terrible thing to do to someone you once thought so highly of.
Let yourself wallow in despair. Let yourself feel every moment of it. Revel in it, because you had someone you cared for that deeply. DO NOT run away from this. You'll be stronger for it in the long run, but it'll hurt like hell when you're going through it.
Also, don't try and deal with it alone. Even having one person to talk to helps.

Find something you enjoy that will help you work through it.
When I went through it, I used music to help me. Maybe you're the type that is always around friends, maybe you prefer creating, reading, learning. Whatever it is, find it and just keep living.

If you're wondering, it was music like this that helped me...

At first it when it was depression I was feeling, one song in particular helped me. I went through a lot when I had my break up, so it wasn't just that that was bothering me. I had so many things stressing me out and fucking me over, I was suicidal at one point.
This song I can't describe how much it helped:

When I was angry:

Just real emo, venting all the anger.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes. Yes and I don't know how to do it either.

I believe the whole "you'l get over it in time" b.s. that everyone spouts out but deep down, I'm always haunted by it. What if she was the most romantic and affectionate girl I'll meet? the most sexy and beautiful? the most intellegent and insightful? the most kind and compassionate? the one who I connect with the most? the one who's daily rituals and long term goals so perfectly complement my own? the one who's silly quirks affect me so? I remind myself that she wan't perfect (I never met anyone who snorred so loudly or who's feet could stink up a room so quickly) but despite that, I can't imagine a better fit for me.

I don't know if you will ever truly move on: I'm 30 years old - far too old for this kind of bullshit - and I've had a few successful relationships with girls I like since then. But on those long wistful nights, I still think of her. And us. Together. And just as perfect as we were. She's still in my dreams and sometimes even my hopes. I've drank myself into a stupor (cutting back to 6 drinks a night was an acomplishment), gone without sleep and food (losing 15 pounds in 3 weeks is not fun), studied every "get back together" book and article and online program I could find ($$$), and all other forms of chaotic acting out. Several years later all I can say is that there may be no way to escape or forget it - maybe you just slowly come to terms with it and know that we've been doing that for millions of years. We carry on. One day at a time.

I'm sorry if that wasn't the answer you're looking for but it wasn't the one I was looking for either.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
@Moon_Child

Yeah, it can be hard to forget someone. But don't. Just remember the good times. But tbh this song will say it all better than I ever could:

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't forget, don't even try. That's a terrible thing to do to someone you once thought so highly of.
Let yourself wallow in despair. Let yourself feel every moment of it. Revel in it, because you had someone you cared for that deeply. DO NOT run away from this. You'll be stronger for it in the long run, but it'll hurt like hell when you're going through it.
Also, don't try and deal with it alone. Even having one person to talk to helps.

Find something you enjoy that will help you work through it.
When I went through it, I used music to help me. Maybe you're the type that is always around friends, maybe you prefer creating, reading, learning. Whatever it is, find it and just keep living.

If you're wondering, it was music like this that helped me...

At first it when it was depression I was feeling, one song in particular helped me. I went through a lot when I had my break up, so it wasn't just that that was bothering me. I had so many things stressing me out and fucking me over, I was suicidal at one point.
This song I can't describe how much it helped:

When I was angry:

Just real emo, venting all the anger.

Haha I enjoyed the 'angry' music. Thanks.

Music really does help me, a lot.

I feel that music is the only thing that really gets me on a daily basis.

The one song that is helping me a lot at these moments is:

Oh, great music choices by the way Cheveyo and @Paradox1987.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Funny, the song that helps me the most is Keep Breathing by Ingrid Michaelson.

I would have posted a link to the video, but PerC doesn't find me trustworthy enough to post links yet as I have not reached 15 posts. (LOL.)

It's a good moving on song.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts