Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious, seeing as we (infp's) know our demeanor pretty well, and what goes through our individual little heads, I'm curious to know.... When taking drugs (purposely left general?)... what goes through your mind? How's the trip? Er, to put it blunt. HAH. I suppose, anything mind blowing?

Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong forum or topic or whatever. And that I haven't included my own example, I intend to fill in on some insight when I get the proper time for the endeavor. :mellow:

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
From my relatively limited experience, it is fun and gets you to think about quite a few silly things in a silly way. :tongue:

But I wouldn't say any of it was "mind-blowing." Maybe it might feel that way, at the time, but I never discovered anything of lasting worth that I didn't discover without it.

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
I don't take drugs of any kind except coffee & sugar, but for the last 10 years or so I have been lurking at the DMT (erowid) forums & reading about other's trips. I hope this thread gets lots of responses.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Not quite what you were talking about, but I did have to take morphine in the hospital for some life threatening ailment awhile back.

In the end I "played" tetris on the ugly hospital walls.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I've never taken drugs but I've been told that when I'm acting a bit silly at work it is virtually as if I'm stoned. So from my non-existent experiences I would say it's a bit of a mindless laugh.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i smoke up every now and again and have taken ecstasy in the past. The self emerges and your inner voice becomes your outer voice while your outer voice disappears altogether.

edit: NOT recommending drugs, just explaining my experience with them

·
Registered
188 Posts
off-topic butttt, don't spend money on drugs ever........ever...

It's a total waste of money and you could be putting that toward something much more worthwhile like a new instrument or a book or something. It may be an experience of a lifetime but i believe there are better ways to have a good time.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the long delay, but I'll get to where I was leading to.

I had taken shrooms a couple months past and walking down town with a couple friends I had use to known. They themselves hadn't taken any, so I recruited them as a kind of 'babysitter' to be sure that I wouldn't find myself doing anything overly stupid. Concerning the trip, it was strange, my vision hadn't been altered in anyway as it was primarily the way I was feeling and thinking (a duh concerning drugs) but none the less I had been getting the feeling I had once gotten on a prior 'trip' with shrooms. The only way to explain the feeling was an overwhelming connection to everyone, and for whatever reason I felt that I could feel these threads linking us all to one another, plus I had been filled with the spirit of the shroom (psychonaut humor) and felt that I could easily hold conversation with everyone on any topic. As if social barriers weren't high enough to hinder social progression and general understanding.

Back to the present recent trip, I had been walking down town, through vegetated alley ways and looking at the buildings. Walking past a lot with a tree, we took turns climbing it, and as I dismounted I held my right arm around the branch and jumped off, scraping off a layer of skin. It wasn't immediately known or felt, but on the trek back to the car where we had parked by the water, I couldn't help but stare at my hand and arm where the wound had been. Thinking about the fragibility (is that a word even) of human life, and marvelling at how our primate cousins do this for a life time.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if there's much substance, but what I'm getting at with this thread is have anyone else come to some conclusion or insight from taking anything that uncle sam wouldn't want you taking? After my two trips, I feel there's more to ORGANIC than man made ones, as there's something to them if you can get by in life and have in mind the fact that some native societies take these for vision quests, insight, wisdom, and all that sage jazz.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
My only experience with it was odd..It's like the inverse of getting drunk, where drinking seems to 'poison' the sober character's loose ends. I wouldn't call it relaxing, but I don't plan on doing it again regardless. It kind of felt like my heart took the keys and left, while I was there, alone with my 2 or 3 friends.

Off-topic question: Does contact high cross the bar for legitimate smoking? :confused:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am way to scared to try anything that gives you a trip like shrooms, acid, PCP because I have quite the imagination and don't trust myself to control my thoughts.

I do marijuana every now and then but would never do it alone. I love connecting with people and for once in my life I can relate to the people I do it with on every level...until it wears off.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think I've randomly posted my usage a couple of times on here, I am a bit fascinated by uncovering subconscious memories and beliefs and the roles hallucinogens have played with indigenous people.

I am very visually orientated as opposed to say auditory, so the various things I've tried have been quite interesting and I like where my mind goes on heavy dosages, almost always nature orientated, dreamy, pleasant and insightful.

Educate yourself very thoroughly. I'm not advocating usage in anyway.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Shrooms and acid were interesting experiences, nothing I couldn't have achieved sober though. I get really bothered when people blame my weirdness on drugs, I was ALWAYS this weird. I just wanted to try them to see what the hype is about. I guess that is the one thing I learned from tripping, everyone who tries drugs wants to know what it's like to be an INFP. That actually reminds me of what my ESF/TP friend said once when he was on shrooms, "I just feel all these emotions that everyone else feel that I've never felt before!" So just be you don't get pressured into drugs.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have only really smoked cannabis; I found it to be kind of empty and a let-down most of the time with a few exceptions!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I've only done prescription drugs. Freshman year, I actually did muscle relaxers now and then when I was feeling a lot of social anxiety; maybe it's a mind-body connection thing, because it worked - it relaxed my mind along with everything else, so I could function like a normal person. Now I'm on antianxiety meds, and I think I actually haven't done muscle relaxers for over a year.

Oh, and before I was mean when I was drunk, and OCCASIONALLY, I would get lucky and when I was feeling too stressed out/anxious, it would flip my "reset" switch, but recently while I was with a sort of emotionally abusive girlfriend, I got drunk and actually full-on enjoyed it. I listened to blues music and the notes swelled in my ears so beautifully, I wished the music were a fleshy person so I could make love to it. I was just in rapture.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i smoke up every now and again and have taken ecstasy in the past. The self emerges and your inner voice becomes your outer voice while your outer voice disappears altogether.

edit: NOT recommending drugs, just explaining my experience with them
I know exactly what your talking about! My friends think I just get really high really easily but that's not it... Its the random thoughts that enter your head when your sober but your lack of social awareness lowers your inhibitions making you say things that confuse others that don't understand your thought processes.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
As INFP's are imaginative and non-conforming people, I think drugs can sometimes have an attraction. I'm quite liberal on the subject but i would like to give this advice. As an INFP you are likely a very sensitive and complex person and as such you should be careful with what you put into your body and maybe even more importantly, be careful about what you put into your mind . Your sensitivity might mean that you will be the one person in the crowd who gets hurt or strongly affected by something. Not to mention i'm sure many of you have inner worlds which are quite trippy enough. without you having to alter them in anyway.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
wowwww. what drugs. i've done them all.... but i dont wanna sound like some drug snob. either way i wouldn't recommend anything, unless you want to. than by all means, do them all, but realize that they're just drugs and they aren't ways to a means or means to a ways. they're just drugs.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Weed can make me relax and un-stress or it can put me in a silly, laughing mood - it depends on the strain.

I've eaten mushrooms a couple of times. Some of the times I had increased color perception and one time it was all very Disney-like. It's an abstract experience. And I'm somehow able to think in other dimensions than the 3 existing. It's also like I'm able to step back and look at my personality and my life objectively. And I laugh - a lot!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts