Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet, got the number of an ISTJ woman IRL. Was hilarious to hear someone's words mimic my own "I never stop working" "I work all holidays, and my work ethic is over the top" "I'm the person at parties who sits in the corner and talks to the weird people and leaves early" (Not bothering to go at all would also have been a good answer as well) "I love the structure of the army's in my life" (yep she's in the army which is good because that makes her a more mature and serious person) "People just don't understand me, we just don't see eye-to-eye" and she could talk about certain subjects all day. Doesn't take much enthusiasm to conversations of subjects outside of her favorites, which I always find myself doing. A strong ideology of her own which she follows, though doesn't appear to be real conservative which is good. Hasn't shown me a preacher side yet to push her views, but instead seems to be ok with others differences. Excellent, because I'm to be the only preacher :angry::angry: :crazy:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Congratulations Wake :laughing: I hope that you guys share lots of interests/values.

Has she heard of MBTI before?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Congratulations, and good luck! :happy:

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
615 Posts
Haha, congrats! I sense understanding + harmony between you guys. ^^

Reactions: niss

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's one of my values to do the best I can. Part of the 'efficiency' mentality I have.
yup, you clock in and management is paying you. You are giving them your effort for a price, so show its better spent than on others. Prove you will do the right thing for others when given the opportunity. Doing your best also gets more work in the future, more reason to do it.

As I said in the past I choose jobs to help others because it amplifies my work ethic, also explains why I only study material when the teacher is expecting something of me.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Where do you other ISTJs find this work ethic?
Same place you do. You gotta recognize what's within you, padawan.:cool:

If a ISTJ is not displaying a strong work ethic, or is often late to a function, there is a distinct reason. Search for that reason and you will know much about yourself.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
she doesn't use intuition to jump to conclusions I didn't intend her to come to, and somewhat detail oriented, said to be a bit OCD like myself.

I say things and she doesn't put things in perspective of her feelings when she could get offended but instead thinks of items as a matter of fact.

Introverted not extroverted.

Enjoys living on a schedule and sticking to it, shows to have an opinion on a right and wrong way of doing things

Her perspective on work and conscience to both management and customers just screams duty fulfiller and I would lean toward enneagram type 1.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, I thought the minor case of OCD meant you had an impulsive reaction and a gut sense of what was right and figured she was a J over P, and is something I have a bit of a case of as well. It turns out shes a P. So my description is now ISTP.

Let this thread die. I'll make an ISTP thread b4 I prove that wrong.

Grats to Jerick for being the cynic.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about facial expressions?
She didn't show too many signs of strong emotions when I talked to her in person.

She may end up reading stuff on this forum because I'll end up showing her my hobbies, and where to get good personality type information. Hmm perhaps that sort of thing is a bad idea, but I want to show her what I do in free time. I think openedness is a good route to take

·
Registered
421 Posts
She didn't show too many signs of strong emotions when I talked to her in person.

She may end up reading stuff on this forum because I'll end up showing her my hobbies, and where to get good personality type information. Hmm perhaps that sort of thing is a bad idea, but I want to show her what I do in free time. I think openness is a good route to take
I suggest that before you introduce her to 'Wake' on here, you think about what image your posts project and how you feel about someone knowing about your thoughts as well as how she would react to it.

It can be a good thing but it can also be a bad thing (there's a reason why people don't just pour out their inner thoughts / life story in the early stages of knowing someone).

Openness is a good thing but timing should also be considered. However it is a 'quick and easy' way for her to get to know you and if you guys end up being good friends the information on here would have been shared anyway in the course of friendship.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I suggest that before you introduce her to 'Wake' on here, you think about what image your posts project and how you feel about someone knowing about your thoughts as well as how she would react to it.

It can be a good thing but it can also be a bad thing (there's a reason why people don't just pour out their inner thoughts / life story in the early stages of knowing someone).

Openness is a good thing but timing should also be considered. However it is a 'quick and easy' way for her to get to know you and if you guys end up being good friends the information on here would have been shared anyway in the course of friendship.
yup. That was a question I should have been able to answer myself, just too naive sometimes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Same place you do. You gotta recognize what's within you, padawan.:cool:

If a ISTJ is not displaying a strong work ethic, or is often late to a function, there is a distinct reason. Search for that reason and you will know much about yourself.
Is it not giving a shit?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Is it not giving a shit?
No, that's the symptom.

For an ISTJ to be habitually late to a specific function, or to not display a strong work ethic, there must be something about either the activity or the process of getting to the activity that the ISTJ dislikes.

Example: If you are typically late and/or drag your feet to the point where you make other family members late to church, then there is either something negative you are associating with church, the drive, or the process of getting ready for church. It does not necessarily mean that you disagree with religion and are being forced to go against your will by another person or persons. It could be a simple thing. Maybe that you simply dislike the whole process of getting dolled up for a formal event that reoccurs so often, or maybe that you dislike the clothes you feel obligated to wear.

If the ISTJ doesn't display a strong work ethic, it could be for several reasons, but it tends to be a lack of relevance, lack of feeling appreciated, being burned out, or not feeling that they are in control of their life.

NOTE: These are examples to illustrate a point, not the point itself.

HTH

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
ISTJ women are everywhere. You act like they are uncommon. In university most of the girls in science and engineering are probably ISTJs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts