Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, and thanks for being there! I'm a recently correctly typed INFP who was under the delusion that I was an INTJ for about 20 years! I've had a titanic struggle with finding my direction in life, so (irony alert) I've decided to open the Heroic Academy to help others find their path.

Given that I'm an introverted feeler who hid this from himself for such a long time and as a result worked a lot of soul sucking jobs, I find it more than just a bit funny that I'd like to help others settle on a career path. Full disclosure? I'm struggling with impostor syndrome and an intense lack of confidence . I just can't seem to drop the crusade, though at times I feel crushed beneath the weight.

Can anyone relate?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I'm graduating from university next year so I can definitely relate to the crushing feeling of not knowing what your path is.

But that confusion is part of the journey. In those crucial moments when you are trying to figure out where to go and who you are, remember your capacity to change is more important than who you define yourself as. Your capacity to move forward is more important than where you are.

What's most important, I think, when you are trying to find your path is not your failures and successes, but rather that you don't surrender the power to forge your own path to someone else. No matter what happens, good or bad, no one else can walk the path for you.

Good luck my friend, be brave and I trust you'll figure it out.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,636 Posts
I'll be your friend, but why do you want to help others so badly when you aren't completely out of your own hole yet? You should let others chill with you and make you feel nice :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for offering to be my friend! I've spent 34 years in the workforce bouncing from one thing to another mostly due to having ridiculous standards, lack of confidence and an abundance of indecisiveness. I realized about 17 years ago that I wanted to help people with direction in life but wasn't sure how to get started. The resulting pain and failure only served to solidify my resolve to prevent that for as many young people as I can. The irony is rich, but I know this is what I want to do. Now the question becomes, "How can I enlist people to help?" Thanks again!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, welcome to PerC :) I hope you help find little bits of yourself here :)

btw... there's often INFP children who grow up thinking their INTJs for... a variety of reasons.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,636 Posts
Thanks for offering to be my friend! I've spent 34 years in the workforce bouncing from one thing to another mostly due to having ridiculous standards, lack of confidence and an abundance of indecisiveness. I realized about 17 years ago that I wanted to help people with direction in life but wasn't sure how to get started. The resulting pain and failure only served to solidify my resolve to prevent that for as many young people as I can. The irony is rich, but I know this is what I want to do. Now the question becomes, "How can I enlist people to help?" Thanks again!
Since I happen to be a young person about to embark on a career journey, what advice would you give?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts