Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! Hope all is well.

So, here's something I've found. Years ago, I took the Myers Briggs. I got INFP! It worked. I'm emotional, passionate, caring, etc. Fastforward to now, and I've got ENTP...but on the Introvert/Extravert, it's 50/50 split as is Thinking/Feeling. Looking at my previous results, I was close then too, with a similar split, though it showed up as INFP. I have strong qualities of both, and looking at the descriptions, I can't help but think of The Mad Scientist with a Heart of Gold. Sounds like a novel idea...I may have to use that.

My point being, from what I've seen and read, such a 50/50 split in not one, but TWO areas is uncommon. It's one of the reasons why I haven't put my personality type on my profile, but it's two! Is there anyone else who, if not a 50/50 split, but a close, borderline type? What parts of each type do you identify with? Aside from having the issue of not being able to pick more than one on profiles and the like, it's kind of cool, I must say. Also, how does your mixed type show up?

For me, I'm very passionate and caring, and don't like conflict, but I will stand up for myself and others regardless. I have ideas out the ying yang, am spontaneous, etc. I also, however, like to look inward, care for others, and am sensitive. It's very much a mixed bag, and I can jump from one type to the other depending on who I am with, how I'm doing, etc. I cannot be the only one who has this sort of thing going on.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think you might be expecting to fit more neatly into the system than you really need to. There's obviously more to life than how we interpret information and that's actually all MBTI is really about. It isn't really supposed to sum up a person in their entirety. Commonalities between types are trends rather than rules, so a person can have characteristics of two types and still fit within one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
as we mature we tend to develop all parts of our personality. it makes us more difficult to type, and probably means that we become more well-adjusted to our surroundings. I once read that the functions can be looked upon as a familiy in a car: the driver is the main function, then the passenger seat the second in command, and the two teenagers in the back. At times of stress the two adults in front lose charge and the two teenagers in the back take over: shadow function. But as we mature the teenagers grow up too. Maybe this has something to do with what you are experiencing?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
In such a case look at their functions

ENTP : Ne Ti Fe Si
INFP : Fi Ne Si Te

Iz different, u c? And more focused than all that vague. So good luck.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
19,243 Posts
So you're an ambivert?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts