Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I haven't watched both or am completely unable to pick one

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious what the general preference is. Which do you like more?

Me: Frasier is an easy choice. I do enjoy friends, but I don't think it's quite as good and importantly, the characters in Frasier and their world is much more relatable for me.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I don't like either but if I had to pick then Frasier; by a LONG shot.

I think Friends is mindless drivel and is a perfect metaphor for the decline of society. It's just so...vapid and creative and...just. Ick. No thanks.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I prefer Frasier. It's more relatable, the jokes are much wittier, and the characters are more interesting in my opinion. I think the story flow is better too in this series.

I do like Friends too and find it funny. Also, it's really easy to reference and I find myself being able to discuss it with more people as it seems to be the more popular show. But I think the quality of Frasier is overall much better.

Reactions: Snowflake Minuet

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Frasier hands down.

I didn't get into Friends at the time when it was still ongoing and popular. I was always more into the supernatural type shows than "realistic" shows. I did watch it with my hubby after we were first married though and it was fun to watch - more so because we were watching it together. He found it at a garage sale for a good price so that's why we watched it lol. It's one of those shows that's fun to watch whenever you don't feel like watching something that requires all of your focus. More light-hearted. Sort of like That 70's Show. I guess Frasier is the same for me too. I just like it more. I find the characters and dialogue more interesting (I get too annoyed with Ross in Friends lol) but both are funny in their own way.

Reactions: Snowflake Minuet

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frasier hands down.

I didn't get into Friends at the time when it was still ongoing and popular. I was always more into the supernatural type shows than "realistic" shows. I did watch it with my hubby after we were first married though and it was fun to watch - more so because we were watching it together. He found it at a garage sale for a good price so that's why we watched it lol. It's one of those shows that's fun to watch whenever you don't feel like watching something that requires all of your focus. More light-hearted. Sort of like That 70's Show. I guess Frasier is the same for me too. I just like it more. I find the characters and dialogue more interesting (I get too annoyed with Ross in Friends lol) but both are funny in their own way.
I agree! (And I too get sooo annoyed with Ross lol). Friends has been good company for an otherwise quick and somewhat lonely dinner at my dorm, or for those times you're tired enough to not want something you could really enjoy if you were feeling more into what you were watching. It's a good lighthearted distraction.

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Registered
330 Posts
Friends is actually a show that copied and pasted off of the more "original" show Living Single. Monica was too orderly to be funny for me. Rachel was more about the drama. Ross was too much of a douchebag for me. Joey was kinda funny and kinda not funny for me. Phoebe's weird singing were the only parts I liked on the show besides Joey having the chicken on his head. And then, Chandler was the "funny" guy of the show. I thought Pheobe was the least shallow character on the show to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts