Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i think it's wise to say that maybe i "think" to much.

Okay i can be sitting in a room just thinking, i'ts usually about someone, next thing i know i'll get a text from them, or they'll call me.

I've had dreams about people, conversations that would after the fact happen in real life the next day in similar ways to the dream.

I've thought of a bad situation one time and the next thing i know i'm ease dropping to hear that something similar (to my bad thought) actually happened.

I've been able to read people's actions sometimes before they make them.

I often dream about people i think about.

I said to myself i'm going to see my boyfrind at the mall with a girl, the next day when i went to work, guess who i saw! yep.

I one time was pissed at my (ex) boyfriend, he was just doing me so wrong. I said to myself "I hope he goes back home (he lieved in a diffrent state, but he was on his own in my hometown), hope i never see him again i dont care anymore!" a couple weeks later he tells me he's going back home for good to help his dad and start a business, havent herd or seen him since.

Any of this stuff ever happen to you guys, i'm starting to think i'm just a little bit crazy here:crazy:

·
Registered
576 Posts
You totally have super powers. They seem to be reality altering physic powers. Sweet!

I have weird dreams that really hope don't come true.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am diabetic and I had a dream that I checked my bloodsugar and it was 113....I woke up a minute later, checked it, and it was 113. I felt pretty awesome for a day, I'll admit.

It happened one more time, a year later. Dreamt it was 67, woke up to it being 67. Wish I knew how to make this a regular parlour trick.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be cool if i did @Blackbeard, But i dont think i'm thaaaaaat good. lol

But yeah my dreams are super crazy, i've had some that scared the crap out of me and some that were just strange. Some that were messages, like it holds some kind of symbolism to a situation currently going on in my life.

Say for instance me leaving a bad relationship, in my dream i'd be walking with a guy and we'd pass a door that was dark with stairs leading down. I would stop look down the stairs and he would let go of my hand hand continue walking. Something in me would want to go down the stairs for the adventure it might lead to, but something always holds me back from doing it.

There have also be times when i've had dreams that were so emotional, i'd cry. I would litterally have to wake myself up because it was so strong. :shocked:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I do believe these sort of creeping intuitions are the result of Ni, but then, I don't often see INTJ's holding much store in psychic-ness. These things are coincidence for me, but they're a lot of fun at the same time.

There have also be times when i've had dreams that were so emotional, i'd cry. I would litterally have to wake myself up because it was so strong. :shocked:
Did you ever wake up physically crying? That's happened to me a few times, it was always the strangest feeling.

·
Registered
576 Posts
That would be cool if i did @Blackbeard, But i dont think i'm thaaaaaat good. lol

But yeah my dreams are super crazy, i've had some that scared the crap out of me and some that were just strange. Some that were messages, like it holds some kind of symbolism to a situation currently going on in my life.

Say for instance me leaving a bad relationship, in my dream i'd be walking with a guy and we'd pass a door that was dark with stairs leading down. I would stop look down the stairs and he would let go of my hand hand continue walking. Something in me would want to go down the stairs for the adventure it might lead to, but something always holds me back from doing it.

O yea defiantly, my dreams are always like a metaphor for whatever is going in my life. Like my most remembered dream like that was simply just a pasture, and barn. Over the barn was the low hanging dark clouds and I am even able to see the lighting. Completely vivid. I somehow even know that there was heavy wind in the dream. I hate to think it about what it means.

Reactions: Up and Away

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
I think you have a great ability to remember your dreams, and analyze your subconscious, congrats!

Why would correct planning and thinking be considered crazy though? That I think would simply be a measure of intelligence.

Now if we take the theory of Synchronicity, and apply it loosely with no logical consisitency, then I could see it being a bit unstable, but you arent doing that.

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
It's actually weird that Souled In wrote the word which I was going to use too. Synchronicity.
I used to have this a lot too when I was younger, but it never bothered me. I don't feel bad about it. In fact, I feel like that should indeed be the real healthy me. I used to have this de ja vu moment. The more I think about something, the more I realised that it does exist in my life, and it is there? I used to think that it must have been there all the time, and my focus was just not on that?

I have not been able to dream for a very long time though. This really scares me. However, I have recently lived through a real life experience, to which I remembered I dreamt about. It obviously ended in tears in my real life scenario, but in my dream, I felt so happy? I was not sure if it was meant to be a premonition or other.

To me, I think you may be more of a healthy INFP, and how we should be. Cos your emotions are fairly strong. I know I am currently unhealthy, and I need to find the balance again, and maybe explore my spirituality side more.

·
Registered
181 Posts
One night I did dream that a childhood friend of mine that I had not seen or thought of in many years came and said goodbye to me and with her she had a dog that belonged to my cuisins when it was alive.
When I some days later spoke to my mother she told me that the same girl had died some nights ago.
I have had some other experiences related to this one but I more or less ignore them since I think life is allready complicated enough :crazy:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I totally get this. Not very often, but yeah it freaks me out too. Freaks my sister out when I pick up the phone and say hey and then her name before she's spoken. This is on the house phone where there is no caller ID...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Okay i think it's wise to say that maybe i "think" to much.

Okay i can be sitting in a room just thinking, i'ts usually about someone, next thing i know i'll get a text from them, or they'll call me.
You guys are psychic, when my INFP friend and me ring each other, the first thing that is normally said is,
"I was actually/thinking about calling you"

I don't know how or why, but I do know it's awesome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ha! I had a premonition back in high school. It was about me having an altercation with this scary looking guy. I got in a real fight, not with him but with another guy in my class three weeks later. Scary.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You guys are psychic, when my INFP friend and me ring each other, the first thing that is normally said is,
"I was actually/thinking about calling you"

I don't know how or why, but I do know it's awesome.
The moment I read this post is the moment my memory about INFPs' "inner circle" is connected to this somehow :shocked:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would have to agree that that type of experience is interesting and creepy at the same time; however, I cannot agree that it is only an INFP thing.
I know two INFPs who do talk about these experiences and they do happen to them at more regular intervals than to myself. Both of these INFPs are extremely superstitious about them and have to tell me immediately. These 'psychic' moments occur over periods of time stretching from 15seconds to about 2 minutes.
I also have an ESFP friend who complains about this happening to her, and her moments tend to last less time and occur about once a month.
The thing that I noticed about all three of these people is that all of their 'little episodes' occur about things relating to moments of emotions or changes in the flow of the day. None of their expiriences pertain to moments of little activity or connection.
Okay, this rambling has gotten a little off track and has become a little bit unorganized, but I'll wrap up. I have to admit that I have also experiences things like this, but often times they are about the things that the INFPs and ESFP don't.
I guess all I only had a few things that I wanted to point out: that INFPs were not the only ones to get such expiriences and that there is a chance that all types might just get them in different ways.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This happens to me... I've found it to happen with only a select few close people in my life. I truly believe that the person and I are spiritually connected in some way. Synchronicity!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am so glad that I clicked on this thread! I can relate to you a lot.

In the past, when I thought of someone who I hadn't seen in a long time, I ended up seeing them the next following day.

My dreams are freaky. It's like they give me a sight of what's going to happen in the future. I've had countless dreams, that actually ended up happening IRL. Like the time I dreamed of a plane crash, and it happened. It kind of freaks me out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have dreamt of the future and had "hunches" as to what would happen in the future. I predicted a couple of my anxiety disorders coming into my life. I had heard stories about them as a child and had this weird feeling like "that's going to me when I'm older," and here I am; the sense of the future I had was correct. It's very scary haha I'm glad I can relate to you. The scariest time was when I had a dream of walking at a crosswalk at night by my college with four yellow lights around it, and then a real life scenario of this happened. I had never remembered that dream until the real life scenario happened. It was a scary feeling, like "whoa I remember dreaming about this a long time ago." I was on the way to a school guitar performance and during the whole performance I was in shock thinking of what had happened. The really scary thing is I once was in the car with my mom and looked at a bridge and saw an ambulance and out of nowhere had this hunch that I would be in an ambulance one day because of a deadly heart attack. I'm very worried of that hunch being true. Heart disease runs in my family too... :confused:

I'm so glad to get this off my chest. Thank you for this thread lol.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'll correct myself here, it isn't purely an INFP thing but it isn't uncommon for INFP's either.

I wrote the original response in 2011, guess I've learned a lot since then. And that's a good feeling, because I'm already quite old and it's nice to keep learning ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts