Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it that there are far more NT's and NF's on this forum than SP's and SJ's? I find it odd that one of the rarest types, INFPs, is more numerous than any others here.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Well, I noticed that at other forums, it seems that many of the people on them are N-types rather than S-types. I wonder if it says something about the S-types not caring for deep discussion of things (literature and psychology, for example).

I mean there are whole webstites for INTPs, INTJs, INFJs, etc. But there aren't similar ones for S-types, which may indicate their lack of interest in them.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Remember, N's like more abstract things, and forums are all about reading and interacting in an anonymous fashion. NF's like MBTI because of the potential for personal growth, NT's like it as a mind toy, and SJ's and SP's will likely get into it only if they see a practical purpose that they can physically do something with. Talking about it on an internet forum is not really a practical purpose.

·
Registered
378 Posts
broadly speaking, the types that are on here are types who are likely to be into personality psychology in the first place.
Well, I noticed that at other forums, it seems that many of the people on them are N-types rather than S-types. I wonder if it says something about the S-types not caring for deep discussion of things (literature and psychology, for example).

I mean there are whole webstites for INTPs, INTJs, INFJs, etc. But there aren't similar ones for S-types, which may indicate their lack of interest in them.
Its not about which types are more into Psychology or whether or not S's or N' or more into deep discussions. Both N's and S's can enjoy deep discussions and any type can like Psychology.

The reason you are more likely to see certain types here, or on the internet in generally, is how they function in society. Naturally, you are going to find more Introverts on the Internet then Extroverts. Personlities that tend to clash with society(Fi users such as INFPs and ISFPs) are more likely to be seen, as well as those who are awkward in social interactions(INTP). If you get along well in society, your more likely to be there.

With less information, and a negative view of SJ's, they are less likely to want to look into the MBTI. Why would you want to look into something when all you read about is being boring, workaholic, traditionalist, who are scared of change? Any rational SJ will look at that, and go on his way.

I, myself, looked into MBTI out of necessity, even though I do like Psychology. In a group of dominantly NF's, I sought clarity in their actions, and to learn how to better communicate. If an SJ is mostly around SJ's, and they all understand him, then why would he need MBTI?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts