Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Forum Conspiracy Theorist
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What things can block microwave frequencies in the 100 MHz to 10,000 MHz range?

What things can block the Schumann Resonance frequencies

Reactions: Zombie Devil Duckie

·
Registered
778 Posts
Microwave propagation as I know of could be disrupted or blocked through diffraction or atmospheric factors like moisture ,ionization or fading .

·
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Zombie Devil Duckie

This video is kind of related... it's an example of a Chlandi plate.

So these shapes are caused by vibrations/reverberations and standing waves?

Can you explain the mechanism of action better?

BTW: The tin-foil thing is really counterproductive..

@countrygirl90

Microwave propagation as I know of could be disrupted or blocked through diffraction or atmospheric factors like moisture ,ionization or fading.
Which factors work the best and under what conditions?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Which factors work the best and under what conditions?
I think the answer to this is simple, of course the atmospheric factors ,because I have noticed that during monsoons or foggy winters its just very difficult to get a good reception ,even if I'm using a high speed connection but during summers or spring season when weather is clear and there is almost dry and pleasant kind of atmosphere, reception of signals becomes quite good even with normal connection .

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts

·
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeez, some people just have no sense of humor...
Because it takes away any legitimacy from the discussion

As for the link, it's fascinating and I'll get through reading it, but I'm wondering if there's basically some rules of thumb as to what substances absorb what frequencies and so on?

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
Because it takes away any legitimacy from the discussion
So... would that make it an illegitimate discussion?

:kitteh:

Anyway....... as for your question, I'll see what I can dig up.

-ZDD

·
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Zombie Devil Duckie

1.) Thanks for the last post, I'm checking it out
2.) As for frequencies above 100 MHz to 10,000 MHz, those are well above 22 KHz

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
was gonna suggest a faraday cage or something that would generate Ionic interference. Of course generating that sort of interference just really isn't practical.

Of course you can buy a frequency jammer, of course the legality of such is questionable (not to mention getting you put onto watch lists unless it is for research purposes.

Reactions: easyvision

·
Banned
133 Posts
was gonna suggest a faraday cage or something that would generate Ionic interference. Of course generating that sort of interference just really isn't practical.

Of course you can buy a frequency jammer, of course the legality of such is questionable (not to mention getting you put onto watch lists unless it is for research purposes.
+1 for the faraday cage. some aircraft bases use microwave landing systems, see if you can find an instruction manual haha, you know how your tv manual says on the front pages, don't put near this , don't do this, well you might accidentally find some information.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
+1 for the faraday cage. some aircraft bases use microwave landing systems, see if you can find an instruction manual haha, you know how your tv manual says on the front pages, don't put near this , don't do this, well you might accidentally find some information.
I remember at the one place I lived, The whole place had drop cielings. My stereo uses a wire antenna so I had the idea of weaving it through that metal drop frame. I was then able to pick up non-AM/FM bands, even when I had the radio function switched off. I would pick up truckers, police/EMS/Fire dept, and the local NG armory.

Reactions: easyvision

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
A common rule of thumb (even though it belies the intricacies of actual propagation) is the the wavelength need be smaller than the intermolecular distance/size of the atoms in order to go through. However, any wave can penetrate most molecules given sufficient energy; this has more to do with quantum mech (recall, in quantum mech, potential barriers are they are seen in classical mech can be TUNNELED THROUGH. i.e. solid objects can move through one another).

As for attenuation, this can be accomplished by phase changes. A wave 180 degrees out of phase will completely cancel out its cousin, while slight out of phase waves, e.g. 90 degrees out, will lead to about 50% attentuation. Such phenomena is exploited when you hear 'beats'.

This question really deals with more QM theory and is not readily answerable without a grasp of that (in fact it's a question I've posed to a professor of physics because I don't understand it completely).

·
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flights of Fancy,

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about tunneling or redirecting sonic waves at angles 180 degrees to themselves. I suppose I have some intelligence on some things, but I'm not a physicist

BTW: I should know this in more detail, but how does a faraday cage work?

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Flights of Fancy,

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about tunneling or redirecting sonic waves at angles 180 degrees to themselves. I suppose I have some intelligence on some things, but I'm not a physicist

BTW: I should know this in more detail, but how does a faraday cage work?
I'm not a physicist by trade--I just minored in it. Kind of caught the lazeh before I finished and just was not going to do that big ass research lab.

Some of this you know, but probably not in physics language. If you draw a cycling wave, and draw the opposite of it, you can see that if you add together the parts (fancy name--integrate), you see they cancel each other out. This really is only good for waves that aren't particularly dangerous; it's what is used for sound-canceling headphones etc. For gamma rays, etc, I doubt you'd want any phase of those near your body, as phase really doesn't matter (a football to the gut is gonna be a football to the but no matter if it's a counter-clockwise or clockwise throw, for example).

A Faraday cage works by electric diffusion, basically. In an ideal conductor, charges distribute fairly evenly. When a charge is introduced, i.e. electric current (cause by NEGATIVE electrons), the metal basically will distribute the charge. Imagine one side being hit by this, while the other remains largely positive. By the time it gets to the other side (roughly, electricity is a haphazard beast), there is a positive charge created, which nullifies the negative charge. Why does it travel in this path instead of through your body? Electricity is lazy, it likes to go in the path of least resistance like water; it will go in the direction where voltage is greatest. Your body doesn't have more electric potential (as clear of a path) as the metal, so the metal wins.

Cool fact: Planes are often seen as stuck by lighting and falling all the time. This is a rare cause in real life (almost never) because plane designers use insulators between the other metallic portion of the plane in order to exploit this action. Your plane is likely struck by lightning a good 2-5 times during a flight.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
What things can block microwave frequencies in the 100 MHz to 10,000 MHz range?

What things can block the Schumann Resonance frequencies
A *LARGE* bag of popcorn? :tongue:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts