Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like Friday night is always the time I realize I don't have any friends.

It's such a pain falling asleep after you've realized you're lonely.

What do you guys and gals do on Friday nights, the time when you're supposed to finally feel free and happy for awhile?

I wish I could just break out the vodka...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Going with the flow. What happens happens and is usually completely up to chance except the rare occasion a need for a specific action arises. Picking up groceries is a decent way to occupy a Friday night (and weekends too).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a friend who works retail Friday nights. I go and let him talk at me for a few hours; I listen to the interesting parts and look at merchandise.

I'm also trying to figure out how to bar hop alone. Never really done it before, previously had no need, think it could be interesting.

Reactions: Benja

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
It seems like Friday night is always the time I realize I don't have any friends.

What do you guys and gals do on Friday nights, the time when you're supposed to finally feel free and happy for awhile?

When I was your age, I was often out with my friend's drinking myself stupid.
I wasn't any better for it, either.

In fact, the reason I got drunk so often was only so I could tolerate them and loosen up and have some actual FUN...otherwise I'd have to listen to a bunch of self-absorbed assholes drone on about the personal shit in their lives that didn't matter.

Tonight, I went out late, drove several towns away to catch a midnight showing of a foreign movie. I got there early, ordered my tickets, went into a nearby hotel bar and drank a couple of White Russians by myself.

Most fun I've had in a long time. No friends in sight. With them, activities are procedural.

Had my friends been there, I'd have to talk to them, listen to them talk, wait around for them, accommodate them.

In short, I wouldn't have had any fun. I'd have been uncomfortable.

Fuck it. Find a hobby or an adventure to go on. Roll solo, like a badass ISTP adventurer.
You may feel lonely now, but wait until you get a group of people with whom you associate.

I only ever truly felt lonely when I was with them.

You haven't walked on the other side of the fence. It ain't all it is cracked up to be. Trust me.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts

Just wanted to say that I'm currently feeling exactly like the bolded parts...
I feel as if this should've been posted in the General Chat section, because I'm sure many, many people can relate with you, sir.
I've found myself asking the same question many a Friday night, so I suppose read on to see what people write...

Either way, I hope your weekend goes better than your Friday night!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I love going to movies by myself.

In fact an evening alone with a bottle of wine and a badass tv series on dvd is just about perfect.

Or just a drive at night to see the stars or the city.

I'm a loner. And I like it.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I don't really understand loneliness. I don't feel it anymore, and nothing about me has drastically changed that one day I stopped feeling lonely. I just did. I have my girlfriend, whom I see once or twice a week, my family who I try to avoid in most cases, but I really don't have real friends. I play online games with the same group of people a few times a week. Between my cyber-buddies and work, my social quota is often more than full.

Unless you live out in the forest, people are hard to fucking avoid. Loneliness in today's society is a state of mind, I think, not a fact. People think they're lonely, so they feel it. If they don't think they're lonely, being alone doesn't affect them.

Honestly, if I ever felt lonely again, I would simply be more social about the things I love. Everyone shares a hobby with someone.

·
Registered
128 Posts
On Friday nights I like to go crazy and do stuff I've put off for the week.

Like laundry.

And then I read a book and ignore the people I know. Fun times.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Last night my friend that I enjoy hanging out with invited me over and we watched Get Smart, and the first two Back to the Futures. It was great because neither of us feels the need to talk a lot. But after the movies we had fun discussion about how it would really work.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Depends on the night. A lot of times, I get off work, come home, surf on my laptop and watch some TV, and I'm content. But last night, I went out for drinks with my brother and some of his friends. And that was fun too. I like to keep my options open. I too don't feel as lonely as I used to. I agree with @DustyDrill, it really is a mind set. And one too many times, I psyched myself out and got into an inferior Fe-funk. What I do when I start getting like that, I go out and do something, by myself or I call someone up. I'll go to a bookstore or a coffee shop or go for a bike ride...I really try to tap into Se, and I come home feeling energized and no longer depressed or lonely. It can be overcome.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
i sleep, draw, go out cycling or just sitting here checking my perc notifications.

lol yup, another loner who likes it that way :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I really try to tap into Se, and I come home feeling energized and no longer depressed or lonely. It can be overcome.
I started doing this a few months ago (bringing out my Se) w/o realizing that was what I was doing, and I will say that it's helped immensely. At first it seemed like my actions were conflicting with my personality & it felt a bit strange, but now I understand that it was/is creating more of a balance in me than a conflict.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I started doing this a few months ago (bringing out my Se) w/o realizing that was what I was doing, and I will say that it's helped immensely. At first it seemed like my actions were conflicting with my personality & it felt a bit strange, but now I understand that it was/is creating more of a balance in me than a conflict.
That's great that you've been able to utilize that. As an ISTP, it's not so strange or foreign to my personality, but a lot of times, it takes a conscious effort on my part to break free the suffocating grip of Ti.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I realize I am lonely and I bask in it. People are awful.

My Friday nights: Books, PerC, TV, museum, whatever I feel like doing.

Reactions: immortalhaldir
1 - 20 of 31 Posts