Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*awkwardness
OMG I misspelled that...*facepalm*
I feel really weird about adding friends on here... I feel like I need to break some Ice or something but I don't know how to on this site... I don't want to look like a creep 0_0 . But I do want to meet people and get involved in the community... Soooo not used to forum style interactions...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Same here! My normal experience with forums revolves around gaming and is usually just me laughing to myself as people think of new and creative ways to insult each other. But everyone here is so nice that I almost feel intimidated. It increases my inability to be a conversation starter...

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I get a lot of people I've never talked to trying to add me -- I usually ignore it (and feel awkward for them).

Generally though, I think breaking the ice through visitor boards is probably your best bet. Shoot a compliment and see what happens.

Reactions: LoyalWolf

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...gosh, I think we all feel weird making friends anywhere. According to my Extroverted acquaintences, we're supposed to start by saying "hi."....I know, it's hard for us introverts.
Thanks, I have no prob in real life I just have to know a person a bit before I really break the Ice. I'm just don't feel like I know the "protocol" for online stuff. FB is the only community site I use. This is like the only forum I actually decided to join rather than just look at other viewers comments.

Reactions: Funkdragon75

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
*awkwardness
OMG I misspelled that...*facepalm*
I feel really weird about adding friends on here... I feel like I need to break some Ice or something but I don't know how to on this site... I don't want to look like a creep 0_0 . But I do want to meet people and get involved in the community... Soooo not used to forum style interactions...

Would it be less awkward if i befriended you instead.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would it be less awkward if i befriended you instead.
Um If you want to. This thread is not meant to be, "OMG Please guys friend me I'm soooooo alone!!!" I'm just trying to figure out what this site's "flow is". But If you want to friend me...sure.

Reactions: Absurdist

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Um If you want to. This thread is not meant to be, "OMG Please guys friend me I'm soooooo alone!!!" I'm just trying to figure out what this site's "flow is". But If you want to friend me...sure.

Well i figured that wasnt the intension of this thread. I had already beat you to it, the request that is v. your response here, and the flow here is rather simple. Everyone here is shy, and i am as well, but thats nothing that should keep you from really interacting with the people here. I love this place because of how much people here have been able to share with me and i wouldnt have been able to experience that without jumping in hoping for someone to catch me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah I'm not really into these "friend request" thingys either. It kinda seems like a status ploy to me "ooh look I've got 50 friends I'm so popular" and I'm just not into that at all. I mean, I'm new too so maybe I don't see the advantages to it. Like maybe if being a "friend" means you can message stuff to them. Otherwise it just seems weird to me. I mean, arn't we all supposed to be friends, or friendly here? Can't we just talk on the forums?

Not to say that I don't like my friends, erm friend on here :)

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I have no difficulty adding anyone whose posts I repeatedly identify with, or who seems like an interesting person that I would get along with.

Also, I tend to accept friend requests from anyone who wants to be my friend, whether I understand how it would work or not, because I trust that they wouldn't have sent the requests unless they were seeing some kind of potential for connectedness. I wait to find out if they were right.

And if we change our minds, we can always unclick the little check that says we are friends. It isn't something we are stuck with. (In case your P-ness tries to fight it.)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The flow here is pretty chill you can talk to ppl here without too much awkwardness involved. One of the many reasons why I love PC

I tend to just add ppl who interest me and that I've talked to at least once or twice. You will make a bunch of net friends here give it time :wink:.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can add me as well, I dont have many friends but the ones I do have turned out to be very cool. It doesnt mean you HAVE to stay in contact. As I always say practice a function (extraversion in this case?) and it may go surprisingly well. Kudos to you for posting this topic, alot of people feel/think as you do, myself included.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Haha, I know what you mean. I've been here for months and I still haven't exactly mustered up enough courage to get to know people well. Damn shyness!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
lol well I tend not to be shy on the internet with making friends, real life is different story, if i don't make friends online its because i am to busy trying to post and not trying to make friends! And HELLO! XD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts