Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*wave* Hi everyone! I'm FaithfulWife new here to these forums but not new to forum chatting. I just found these forums and this site and it is so fun..I thought I'd join.

Dear Hubby and I are big believers in the MB personality types and often use them with out friends to explain, "Hey guess what? You are both actually right...just have different personality types" then we show them their personality type and how they are in romance and personal growth and they are :shocked:

Anyway, let's see...about me. Hmmm...I'm in my later 40's though fairly energetic. My Dear Hubby is in his early 50's and together we have seven children. We just had our first grandchild this year, so WOOHOO!! I work at home online as a personal shopper and a marriage coach, and Dear Hubby designs websites, does graphic arts and works with me on the marriage coach thing. And we have three cats, a dog, and a baby squirrel--so our home is a friendly but active place. We are both sci-fi nerds, sort of hippies, definitely Dead Heads, and play Lord of the Rings Online so we're gamer geeks as well. Other than that...just ask me and I'll tell you anything you'd like to know!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings FaithfulWife and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum FaithfulWife. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Banned
369 Posts
Ahhh my girlfriend is an INTJ and I've never been this deep in love with anyone before, but I'm trying to stay rational because I'm only 18 and don't want to expect that our relationship will 'stand the test of time,' but I just don't see anything going wrong with it!
And every time I read about an INFP being married to an INTJ it makes me a little more confused/hopeful/"nonono snap out of it, Eric".
Anyways, congratulations of your happy marriage, and your children, grandchild, and pets! It sounds like you are living a nice life. :)
Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetings FaithfulWife and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so:wink:... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)
Pssssssst...Mr. CafeBot. When you hear the sound of the dying giraffe at midnight...make a run for it! :wink:

Also don't forget to watch my music video... (on Youtube)
OH. MY. GOD! Great stuff! Who's your agent? We have GOT to talk! :tongue:

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]
:blushed: Wow sorry man! I don't even think I have a gold. :sad: But the coffee sounds good!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh my girlfriend is an INTJ and I've never been this deep in love with anyone before, but I'm trying to stay rational because I'm only 18 and don't want to expect that our relationship will 'stand the test of time,' but I just don't see anything going wrong with it!
And every time I read about an INFP being married to an INTJ it makes me a little more confused/hopeful/"nonono snap out of it, Eric".
LOL :tongue: Actually I love being married to an INTJ. It makes me feel understood but sort of grounded. He really "get me" with the introvert-intuition thing and for his T he's like 65% T and 35% F so he knows what it's like to be a little Feelie. Same for his J only it's more like 55% J / 45% P so he REALLY gets that one!

So yeah--you have a GOOD chance (just based on personality). I love it!

Anyways, congratulations of your happy marriage, and your children, grandchild, and pets! It sounds like you are living a nice life. :)
Regards,
Eric
Thanks Eric. You know it's not a mansion on the Riviera or anything :D but it is a nice life and I'm pretty darn happy!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Well, I can't say anything about getting along with INTJs (my brother is one and I can only get along with him when we are being sarcastic at each other, though that could just be because we are brothers), but I can say this is a wonderful place. Hope you like it here and welcome to PC. :laughing:

Reactions: Grey and skycloud86

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing what it's like being married to an INTJ when you're a feeler. :p

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Ah...so nice to hear someone who is happy!
Welcome!

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd be interested in knowing what it's like being married to an INTJ when you're a feeler. :p

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you Lady K. Actually my INTJ/INTP and I get along really well because our main area of difference is the T/F component. He's either moderately J or moderately P (or moderately both...hmmm...)

Anyway, back to the discussion! Since I see lots of possibilities and am for the most part okay with them, and he slightly expresses some instance where "This is the right way to do it" that works cool with me. I don't mind! The one time that our T/F-ness does seem to clash is on the rare occasion that we have a disagreement...and yeah that's honestly EXTREMELY rarely. I'm not someone who's utterly F and he's not utterly T...we are both aware of the other's mode of expressing and filtering info and I can be logical and he can be feelie! But when we disagree he gets into this odd "well if you look at that logically it makes no sense dear" mode that is maddening because somehow I think he believes that if he can explain it logically, I won't feel it anymore (as if it just turns "on" or "off"). Other than that... we are both introvert home-bodies (YAY home!), who love to game and watch sci-fi and adult swim. We are both intuitive so we both understand what the other guy means when we say "Hmm...can't put my finger on it but it seems wrong." I learn about T from him and that makes me a better person, and he learns about F from me and that makes him a better person. And our P/J is fairly complimentary because we're both pretty easy-going.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
All of that makes so much sense. ^.^ I'm developing a friendship with a Thinker right now, and one of our main areas of focus is understanding each other. I express things purely through how I feel them, so words do not always have literal meaning with me, and my Thinker is the exact opposite. We've only clashed in a couple of spots, but it was all due to misunderstandings. Sometimes trying to express myself to this person can be so hard, but most of them time it works out amazingly well and I am actually enjoying going through the thought process of how I can best express myself so that I can be understood. It's good to see that someone else can manage it, and manage it so well that they're totally in love. :)

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All of that makes so much sense. ^.^ I'm developing a friendship with a Thinker right now, and one of our main areas of focus is understanding each other. I express things purely through how I feel them, so words do not always have literal meaning with me, and my Thinker is the exact opposite. We've only clashed in a couple of spots, but it was all due to misunderstandings. Sometimes trying to express myself to this person can be so hard, but most of them time it works out amazingly well and I am actually enjoying going through the thought process of how I can best express myself so that I can be understood. It's good to see that someone else can manage it, and manage it so well that they're totally in love. :)
Woohoo! You can tell we're totally in love! :happy: And plus we've been together a long time so it's not like a little "crush" or something. Okay well...it is like that kinda...just longer-term cuz we work at it <3

ANYWHO.... yeah I agree that for me it is really fun to go through the process of expressing myself accurately to a Thinker. Now, get me together with a Feeler gal-pal and we barely have to talk: she "gets" me. But with a Thinker guy, it really helps that the other three letters are "compatico". One thing that has been SUPER helpful with me is that my Thinker guy loves definitions...cuz like you I think I take at least some "literary freedoms" with words and meanings and stuff :tongue: But he totally DIGS definitions and defining, so if I can speak and then follow up with some definitions, even if I did "pick the wrong word" (as Mr. TJ would say--heehee) he still can bridge the gap and reach the point of understanding (and I don't mean "comprehension"--I mean that sensation of feeling understood and on the same page). And likewise from him I've learned that if I can remember what he said verbatim, lots of times I can go over it and glean more etc. because he very carefully picks the words and then usually defines the important ones.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Haha! This is exactly what we go through, and my Thinker is the exact same way. At first my word usage really got to him, but I think we've reached the point where he either realizes I might not mean it the exact way it is defined and figures my meaning out, or asks me what exactly it was I meant. It's a pretty amazing feeling when we come to an agreement on what's going on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.