Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I would tell you not to compare yourself to others, but I do it too, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give out that advice.

This should probably go in the advice center board, btw.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
20 to 17 isn't particularly a huge difference. Although I can see how it can be a bit of an issue when someone is still in high school. Once they graduate, it won't be as big of a deal.

In your 20's you start to diversify a bit more. A lot of my friends are within 1-4 years of me, both higher and lower. The older ones often provide some sort of guidance, and the younger ones usually receive it from me. Generally, I think it's healthy to have both of those types of people in your life.

I'm the type of person that would call you out as being a loser, in my eyes, if it was the truth. I don't think you are whatsoever, but I do think you may want to diversify a little bit more. Note: That doesn't mean giving up what you had, just adding to it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would tell you not to compare yourself to others, but I do it too, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give out that advice.

This should probably go in the advice center board, btw.
Oh, sorry.
I only put it here because I wanted advice from INFPs..

whatever. I'll leave everyone to their dating threads.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Oh, sorry.
I only put it here because I wanted advice from INFPs..

whatever. I'll leave everyone to their dating threads.
There's nothing that says you can't put this in both places. I've seen threads posted on multiple forums because you get different people responding to them. Please don't take offense, especially since I don't think that's what was initially intended.

For your original question though - it's not a bad thing to have a diverse group of friends of all ages. I have friends from 17 to 38 (or older though I won't call 'em out like that...) and we get along really well because we all have different perspectives and can learn so much from each other. I enjoyed having friends who were still in high school at 21, partially because I still felt involved in some of my favorite activities and got updates on how the band, choir, drumline, etc. were doing. We still hung out a bit (though that had more to do with my brother asking if I wanted to chill w/them than me actively seeking them out) but since I hadn't been particularly close with them we have drifted. You are close to your friend and I would hate to see you not enjoying that time and those experiences with her, just as you're most likely having fun with the part of your group who are a bit older than you.

I do agree with Lad in that diversifying further is always a good idea. You do want to have people with different experiences in your life who can bring some new ideas and adventures to you and all of your friends. It will help you to grow more as a person and will help you to hopefully get past the age barriers.

Good luck and I hope you are able to find answers somewhere on here that will help you. *hugs*

Reactions: Lad
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.