Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you talk about your friends/acquaintance personality, how do you know they fit the type? Do you have a circle where MBTI is brought up and evaluated or do you just assume they are I.E N.S T.F P.J?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I figure out people's types based on functions, but I don't talk to them about MBTI. I don't know how to do that without being creepy, you know - 'By the way, based on my observation and analysis of your behaviour, you seem to be a Te user. Do you disagree?'
I do that with people. I do that with my family a lot. It annoys them and I'm pretty sure they think I'm weird, but I do it to understand typology :bored:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figure out people's types based on functions, but I don't talk to them about MBTI. I don't know how to do that without being creepy, you know - 'By the way, based on my observation and analysis of your behaviour, you seem to be a Te user. Do you disagree?'
Ah... I'm still relatively new to this, only know my own type but might start applying for fun, still looking into what the whole Fe, Si, Ne, Ti notation deal

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm too lazy to type every function of someone--unless that person is of special importance to me. Rarely will I ever openly talk to someone about the MBTI, if I do, usually it's just to give them the test, and trust me, that's especially rare.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think there's an ideal time to 'type' someone. Like maybe a few weeks after you've met someone? Before then - too early. After that point it becomes incredibly difficult to do so - it's almost like you know too much about someone and understand all their contradictions.

My best friend is an INFJ and we discuss MBTI a fair amount. I've also discussed it with an INTJ, and INFP. Those types seem most interested in MBTI.

With everyone else, I just talk about normal stuff. I try not to type them unless it helps me understand and excuse their quirks.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Unless I know for certain I won't bring it up on this forum. I think it is wrong to do so because people give advice on what you told us their type is. For fun I migt make an assumption on a friend but i never take it for granted.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I talk about type with my family. But I really don't have everyone in my life typed. I observe and I have my theories, but I know not to assume what someone's type is just based on my observations. Testing and personal confirmation on their part is a requirement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts