Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be a good friend I believe in being supportive, showing interest in what my friend is working on or what she has accomplished. Most of my friends are supportive of me as well, but occasionally I will know somebody who loves to receive support and compliments, but never ever gives them....And this bothers me. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does. She is always showing me what she has recently sewed or baked. She is always talking about what she is doing and I show interest and compliment what she has made if it looks impressive (which it usually does). But I can't help noticing that she never says anything about my interests. I am a dance instructor and sculptor and have other interests as well and when she sees what I have done she says nothing and changes the subject. I don't even need a compliment, just a comment, I don't know. I can't help but wonder if this 'friend' feels competitive with me or are her social skills just so poor that she thinks that it is only she who has talents. I also notice she will give other people very generous compliments in my presence which I also find strange. Could I be imagining this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.