Personality Cafe banner

Friends with a murderer

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Andrée 
#1 ·
I read head line after head line, death , violence , murder, stabbing , shooting, it comes as no surprise. Until its someone you know. Until its someone you’re close to. And this someone, is not the victim, this someone is the accused. This someone is Perry Eggett. For some its hard to grasp the fact that someone they love is capable of such actions. Suddenly everything they value and believe about themselves is shattered. how do you turn your back on a friend, a brother or your own son? You don’t I have watched friends become enemies, family, become foes, I have watched Perry’s character be torn to a million pieces. I guess its true what they say, you never know how much people care about you, or how much you care about someone else until their backs against the wall. Our life experiences shape our morals, and despite someones actions It doesn’t always define their character. I am writing this on behalf of, perry, his friends, his sisters, and his mother, the ones who have stood by his side threw thick and threw thin, and now through blood and tears, As a friend I will also Stand before him. Not to defend his actions, but to defend his character. Perry is a brother, an uncle, a son, and to me a very loyal friend. I met him through my spouse 8 years ago. In That time, I have been Able to become great friends with his sister. I can not even begin to explain The amount of struggle she is going through coping with this, not only her, but his entire immediate family. Anyone who doesn’t know Perry, On behalf of the media, Now has an image that Perry Is a monster, . Perry is no monster at all. I Have a really hard time grasping the fact that Perry is the one held responsible for a loss life, I also have a hard time believing he did this without prior altercation. I guess Only time in the court room will make that clear. Perry is a very quiet guy. Stives on pleasing others, and making the people he loves Happy. Perry Is the type of guy that needs encouragment and motivation to do anything at all, Which is another reason as to why I do not belive that he did this at random like its been spectulated in the media Life has Thrown Him his fair share of curveballs, But I don’t think that needs to be even touched on, to eventually exploited by the media. There is not a single thing Perry wouldn’t do for his family and friends, He’d literally be the one to give you the shirt off his back. There is not a doubt in my mind that perrys thoughts are with Every single person Perry has hurt, disappointed and let down. Perry was not a drug addict, He wasn’t on the streets or in a gang, He had a job and went to school, and was trying to get somewhere, Perry had high hopes for his relationship with his Girlfriend, and because he Cared about her, he wanted to do well, Not for himself, but for her and for every other person who had belief that Perry Could get somewhere if He just stayed focused. I am unfamiliar with the people Perry surrounds himself with, Its an assumption for me to say that they probably weren’t all the best influence on him, but did accept him. There is not a single time Perry came into my home which was frequent, and gave the impression that he was a bad person, he was respectful, towards me, playful and caring towards my children, in fact they loved Perry. He would never fail to remind me that he was still plugging away at school, and working, You could see it all over him, he Just wanted someone to believe in him, He just wanted to find his place in the world. He was working toward and waiting for that “I told ya so” moment. I think it’s worth noting that Perry has A ton of people who love him, support him, and will stand behind him untill its all said and done, for the rest of his life. I think its worth noting, that there are people not only standing and hurt on the side of Jarrod Mcknight, But on the side Of Perry Eggett, I think its worth noting that no one was at Perry’s first court appearance because no one knew, or was informed that he was to appear. I think its also worth nothing that, after Perry’s Family had received Messages that are completely uncalled for, as far as public posts on Facebook, phone calls and death threats, fearing their own safety, may be enough to drive some away, I think its worth noting, while the entire city thinks perry walked into that court room like some jail birded gangster with his jumpsuit unbottoned, thanks to press reports, that his jumpsuit was broken which prevented him from doing it all the way up. Yes Perry Deserves to be punished for his action, But in the court room, not by the entire community, and city at large. He is not a bad person.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi ! I love what you wrote about Perry. He had told me that you wrote about him but I kept looking for your article and just found it. I know Perry for writing to him for a few years while he was in prison. I'm just a grandmother who was part of a penpal program with him. Unfortunately, the rules of the program changed and I lost contact with him.
I still think about him a lot, I know he had a good heart and he loved his family.
If you ever hear from him, please tell him that his french pen pal wants to know how he is doing. He can find me on fb (Andrée Laplume).
Thank you for writing this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.