Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of you guys (and I specifically say guys since I assume girls have an easier time anyways) manage to get such a thing? If so, what would be your advice on where to find girls that are into this and what types what would be the signs that they're into such a thing?
Hmm, single moms do not interest me though if that's the answer and in my experience most NFs will frown at the idea.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I feel like that sort of thing just happens.

I feel like it would be really awkward if you were like "So, I only like you as a friend, and don't think I could stomach a relationship with you, but hey, let's do it periodically."

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So much one could do with this.

I am just going to say craigslist or make friends with a bunch of females and if one touches your penis that would be a sign that they are into such a thing.

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I am just going to say craigslist or make friends with a bunch of females and if one touches your penis that would be a sign that they are into such a thing.
Yeh yeh yeh, try changing continents every other 2 years or so and see how many friends you have:D.
I'm serious about this though.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeh yeh yeh, try changing continents every other 2 years or so and see how many friends you have:D.
I'm serious about this though.
If it takes you two years to make friends with someone or get laid then it is time to seriously consider celibacy.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Yeah, but if you use craigslist, then they're not really a friend; it's just benefits.
I will agree that penis-touching is a definite sign of FWB potential.

Also, OP why does it have to be friends with benefits? Why isn't hooking up with someone at a bar good enough for you?

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
step one. Place ad on CL.

Step two. Respond to ads.

Optionally, Plentyoffish. POF has the advantage of women think the name is cool and guys think it is stupid, so lots of ladies use it and guys are too cool to use it so the odds are good if you are a guy.

don't say "looking for FWB". Say "Looking for lady for dating."

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, thanks, initially I figured you were just making fun of me, I'm new to this :p.
Ok, I'll try out craiglist and plentyoffish. Regular dating sites/regular dating scence in pubs require too much effort and bullshitting so not for me.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Hmm, single moms do not interest me though if that's the answer and in my experience most NFs will frown at the idea.
As a graduated single mom, I'm repressing my automatic snort at that statement in order to ask neutrally why that's supposed to be the answer. You shed new light on some of the male behaviours I've been through over the past 20 years though.

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As a graduated single mom, I'm repressing my automatic snort at that statement in order to ask neutrally why that's supposed to be the answer. You shed new light on some of the male behaviours I've been through over the past 20 years though.
Oh maybe it's not, just figuring from my experience...single moms or women in their 40ies seem to be the only ones interested in me, mostly like that i assume since i dunno why would they think that there can be anything else.
*shrug*, i've already answered myself the problem is what i just said "dunno why would they _think_", this is only valid for thinkers not for feelers.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I guess one of the questions is how good you would need the friend to be before the whole thing would work for you. It seems like that would be your marker rather than how open any given group is to casual sex. Because, as someone pointed out already, there's always the bar scene and/or pure-hookup sites for that end of the graph.

Dunno. I don't really grok the paradigm personally, so I'm not much help.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
women in their 40's with kids are the "norm." Most women in their 40's have kids living at home. The ones that are married want FWB's if their hubbies don't cut it. The confident ones don't want a guy to run their lives, they want a guy to go have dinner and maybe fool around.

Women in their 40's without kids can commit to someone, and often are willing to. If they walk in willing to "commit", and things don't work out, they can walk away with little baggage.

Introducing your kids to the new boyfriend is a BIG deal to any decent woman. So, FWB's make more sense.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
It might not really be my business, but why do you want a FWB?

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm? Isn't the answer obvious? So I can get laid?
I can't be in a relationship because I have no patience to deal with feelers at that level, it just frustrates me. I can bearly tolerate humans in general and most NT chicks are already taken or unattractive physically.
So other than this I'm kind of lost. Oh and one night stands, I wish they'd work for me, they don't, I love going out but by the time my Se is taking over I'm so drunk I forget the goal I went out for so even if chicks come to me, I just keep on drinking and make fun of them :p.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love going out but by the time my Se is taking over I'm so drunk I forget the goal I went out for so even if chicks come to me, I just keep on drinking and make fun of them :p.
Then you are screwed!
It is easier to find a fucking good friend when you have a one night stand, thats how i found mine, (She is an ENTJ, and we have had this fwb thing going on for 3 years soon, it`s is really a good deal.. No hassle about emotions and feelings)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts