Personality Cafe banner

I am an INFJ and I identify the closest with...

• ENFJs

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • INFPs

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • ISFJs

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • INTJs

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • ISTPs

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Type option other than listed above

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I know this may sound bizarre, but ISTJ.

It's probably because I'm enneagram 6 so I like loyal, reliable, dependable, dutiful people and I was raised by an ISTJ father. It's rather easy for me to get along with ISTJ because I readily understand their priorities, their methods, and quite often I can agree with them. The cognitive attitude is essentially the same when you break it down:

introverted perception (extraverted judgment, introverted judgment) extraverted perception
or, stated in abbreviated form: Pi (Je, Ji) Pe

INFJ: Ni (Fe, Ti) Se
ISTJ: Si (Te, Fi) Ne

It helps that their internal ethics processing is tertiary. I tend to need a break from interactions with people who are Fi dominant (ISFP, INFP) or have auxiliary Fi (ESFP, ENFP), and sometimes even my INTJ brother who has tertiary Fi just grates on my mind's innate quirks despite our shared Ni dominance and inferior Se.

Even so, identifying with ISTJ more than the other listed types isn't something I'd attribute a whole lot of meaning to. I can "jive with" one easily when I want to- but, not indefinitely.

P.ost S.cript
I should just frankly say I identify most with my own MBTI and enneagram (people who are INFJ and also enneagram 6, whether the person is 6 wing 5 or 6 wing 7) but I thought that'd be too easy and lazy on my part! =)

Reactions: Moonrise and I Kant

·
Registered
INFP
95 Posts
ISFJs: most prolly because my N function is not fully developed/ not strong - i see myself as about 60-65% a N type, so almost balanced S/N. Secondly, because of the influence of my S type parents (ISTJ and ESFJ). I discovered my N function only a few years ago, so much later :D I knew i never really fitted with their views and values, so now that's clearly because i'm still a N type. Even though i'm not interested in the superficial & traditional things, as a typical S type would be, i have some S traits, which make me sometimes not fully relate to people with a strong N function.

Reactions: I Kant

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Always have to give the shout out and props to my INFP pals. I really love the way they express themselves when you get them to open up, or the way they may tease when they clam up. You just get this vibe or energy from them that shut lips can't seem to hide -- it's the worst kept secret they have.

A quality I really admire is how there appears to be little in terms of conversational boundaries. They are pretty open to a number of different topics and seem excitable in terms towards the more unfamiliar ones. It's almost in a cutesy nerdy way, haha.

With that said, there are some inherent faults and most of them appears to revolve around self esteem. So establishing a relationship of any sort with them does require a bit of that building element of laying a foundation, strengthening it, and so fourth. However, in time that bond can really flourish and be incredibly rewarding for both parties. If you ask me, if they're the type of person you want to be a best friend with -- stick by them through thick and thin, they'll do the same.

All in all, functionally while there's considered to be quite a chasm between us, I do feel I identify with a lot of them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have to say, I love INTJs and INFPs unbelievably, but considering I know so few, I had to go with ISFJs. Had it been on the list, I would happily have chosen ISFPs. Their blend between a nurturing nature and a quite dreamy mindset gives me an awesome vibe, and conversation feels clean and refreshing often.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wow, surprised to see I'm the only person to identify with the ENFJ so far! The way I see it, is they're like us but with social skills. They're my idealogical-self.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
INTJ. For a while, I thought I was one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I identify with one ENFJ, but I know a few others, and I surprisingly don't feel that similar to them. Some of them, I don't even like. I have a weaker Fe than most INFJs though, so it could just be that I find theirs overbearing. I don't identify with any of the types on the list. I have a hard time understanding Si and Fi, so ENFPs, ISFJs, and INFPs aren't types I really identify closely to.

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
selected ENFJ on the poll, but if there were a choice of multiple options it would be: ENFJ, ENFP, INTP, and ISTP with more developed tertiary Ni. :) ENFJ was chosen for the combination of Ni and Fe, ENFP for the people-reading intuition as well as 7ish mentality and goofiness, INTP for the independent way of thinking and behaving, and Ni-developed ISTP for a similarity that is difficult to put into words. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Enfj.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Draw between ISTJ and ISTP.

The ISTJ's I know (I have 2 who are really close friends) are some of the only people I know who share my sense of duty, doing something for your fellow man and actually MEAN IT. They truly walk the walk. I know a couple of ISTPs very well and they also have this trait to a lesser degree, at least they know that in some way its important to contribute, and they are really honest about what they value just like I tryto be.

ISFJ - too passive. No creativity.
INTJ - too much out of touch with the importance of the 'people/social' side of getting things done in life (my brother is INTJ with the PHD and everything, he's my main source of inspiration for this)
ENFJ - Don't know any
INFP - The 2 I know are very much focused on their own world(view), too little focus on the 'greater good' which I like to think about.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
ENFJ, probably because I am an So-dom which can make me seem ENFJish at times.

Only for a short amount of time.

Acting like an ENFJ for too long is exhausting.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
ISFJs: most prolly because my N function is not fully developed/ not strong - i see myself as about 60-65% a N type, so almost balanced S/N.
Tangent, but:

Really hard for me to understand how an INFJ (Ni dom) could say they don't have a strong N function. I would think that would mean N isn't the dominant function. Dominant functions, are kind of by definition it seems to me, strong.

Secondly, because of the influence of my S type parents (ISTJ and ESFJ). I discovered my N function only a few years ago, so much later :D I knew i never really fitted with their views and values, so now that's clearly because i'm still a N type. Even though i'm not interested in the superficial & traditional things, as a typical S type would be, i have some S traits, which make me sometimes not fully relate to people with a strong N function.
Actually, values are associated not with N or S, but with Fe and Fi.

Have you considered you might be F-dom/N aux and thus not INFJ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts