Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love, love, LOVE this manga sooo damn much! The characters are all so incredibly varied and complex I'm surprised there aren't more threads here in personalitycafe trying to type them. I've seen like 1 or 2 old threads from a couple of years ago that mainly dealt with MBTI typings but I've never seen an Enneagram thread so here's mine along with my guesses!

(Note: This thread is in regards to the MANGA version only! The anime is a completely separate beast regarding storyline and characters and may as well be an entirely different series based on how much they changed/left-out.)

Tohru: Core type is 9w1 as for tritype she's a 936 (maybe even a 926? She SEEMS like a 2 on the surface for her heart type but I'm pretty adamant about 3 being her heart type considering Tohru's main character trait was mimicking the polite speech of her father in order to get her mother's attention and approval)

Kyo: Tritype I'm pretty sure is 684, though I'm still undecided if his core type is a cp6w7 or an 8w7...

Yuki: Main type is 4w3 I'm pretty sure, tritype I got no clue, I'm pretty certain his heart type is a 4 with his head type being a 6 but I've got no idea about his gut type, none of them seem to fit him, anyone got any ideas?

Shigure: PRESENTING THE MOST COMPLEX AND ELUSIVE CHARACTER IN ALL OF FURUBA! Ha-ha, I've seen several typings for him, especially when it comes to MBTI but honestly I feel his typing is pretty straightforward when it comes to the Enneagram, he fits the very stereotypical tying of either a 4w5 or 5w4 (though I also see shades of 3 in him so I'm leaning towards Shigure leading with 4 instead of 5) his tritype is very obviously 458 also known as the DARK TRIAD typing!~ Which suits him perfectly cause he's a pretty fucking dark character and complex. I'm open to hearing other interpretations for his typing but I'm pretty fucking set on him being either 4w5/5w4 for his main typing and 458 for his tritype.

Hatori: I'm conflicted with him, I'm not sure whether his core typing is 1w2 or 6w5/5w6 and for his tritype I can see either 162, 163, 153 or 152... Help me out here? (Dutiful and loyal like a 6, moral and perfectionist like a 1, stoic and cool like a 5, kind and generous like a 2 and a workaholic like a 3... You can see why I'm torn here yes?) All I know for sure is his gut type is likely to be a 1 but I'm stuck between 5 and 6 for his head type and 2 and 3 for his heart... They all suit him imo.

Ayame: This is an easy one, he's very obviously a stereotypical 7 and I'm pretty sure his wing is a 6 rather than an 8 since he's shown to rely and depend on Hatori (and possibly Mine?) So core typing is 7w6 and tritype is 738? 9? 1? I'm really torn on his gut type seeing as he exhibits traits of them all... He's pretty independant and forceful like an 8 but then again he's also extremely pleasant and good-natured like a 9 and he's also pretty concerned about whether he's a good person or not seeing as how much he looks up to Hatori and his whole mission to fix his relationship with Yuki... His head and heart types are pretty easy to get I'm just stuck on his gut type, so maybe he's not that easy after all? Ha-ha

Kagura: Now here's an ACTUAL easy one! Kagura's core typing is 2w1 maybe even 1w2 (Since her whole motivation for even liking Kyo in the first place was guilt over thinking she was a "bad, dirty person" over how she reacted to first seeing his monster form) Her tritype is pretty obviously 217, 7 for her thinking type cause she's energetic, impulsive and is always trying to look on the bright-side and make things positive, she leads with either 2 or 1 though.

Ritsu:Ritsu is soooo obviously a 6 that it hurts! But tbh I'm having a hard time figuring out his tritype or even which wing of 6 he goes with since he wasn't that developed of a character, I'm thinking his gut type is 1 since he also has a complex about "being bad" but I've got noo idea on his heart type so 61?

Haru: Another obvious one, he's definitely a 9w8 and his head type is a 5. Again, kinda having trouble figuring out Haru's heart type since neither 2, 3 or 4 seem to fit him so suggestions are always welcome!

Momiji: Another 9! Though with him I can't tell whether he's a 9w1 or 9w8 but he's still a 9 all the same! I'm pretty sure his tritype is 972, another easy one.

Kisa ANNNNNND another 9! lol I think I'm just gonna get all the 9 characters out of the way now since they're pretty easy to identify with. Kisa is very much a 9w1 just like Tohru and I think her tritype is 962 (or 4? she does have a complex over being different cause she was bullied in school over her looks and she's pretty withdrawn too...) Hmm, yeah either a 962 or a 964

Kureno: Annnnd yet ANOTHER 9w1 and I'm pretty sure he's actually the exact same tritype as Kisa so either a 962 or 964 (again can't decide between the 2 and 4 for his heart type since while he's kind and generous like a 2 he also has a complex about being different due to being the only one released from the curse for many years and kept in isolation from the rest of the Zodiac members. I'm leaning more towards 2 being his heart type though.)

Hiro: All I know is his core typing is an 8 though I'm yet again at a loss for this character's tri-type. I WANT to say his heart type is a 3 since he can be very pragmatic and is obsessed with looking good in front of Kisa but I'm still torn between either 5 or 6 for his head type. He's rebellious whilst simultaneously fearful of authority like a typical 6 (hence him keeping quiet when he saw Akito push Rin out the window) but the kid is also a smart-alecky brat which suggests some intellectual 5 in there too.. so either 835 or 836.

Rin: She leads with either 6 or 8, whilst her head type is most definitely a cp6 and her heart type is a 4 (withdrawn, tempermental, an artist) I'm actually unsure whether her gut type is 8 or 1... She's fiercely independent and hates beings controlled like an 8 but those parts of her can be covered in her cp6 typing plus she's on a mission throughout the whole manga trying to find a way to break the curse just in order to save Haru and even breaks up with Haru cause she's afraid she'll "taint" him which is very typical of a 1 So yeah torn here again between either 684 (which would make her the same typing as Kyo ironically enough) or 614 for her tritype.

Akito: Akito is either a 2w1, a 4 or a cp 6 for her core typing. Her tritype is either 268, 261, 468 or 461. Her head type is so, soooo obviously a 6 but like many of the other characters I'm torn between 2 numbers for her heart and gut types. While she might look like the complete opposite of a 2 on the surface what with being the main villain for most of the manga she actually fits a very stereotypical picture of an unhealthy 2 what with her possessiveness and her basic fear being that she's not loved and will be left all alone. ...But then again she also fits a lot of key traits with 4 what with her whole "specialness God Complex" (and the main point of her story is how that's both a gift AND a curse) her temper, her being withdrawn and also her complete acceptance of all her emotions which she shows to the world! (in contrast to Tohru who tries to hide and deny that "dirty" part of her) And of course I was originally going to go with 8 for her gut type seeing on how aggressive, dominating and violent she is but if her heart type is a 2 then the fact that unhealthy 2's pretty much disintegrate into 8's already covers the violent side of her so then I was thinking maybe 1 might actually suit her gut type?

Its not as "in your face" as most of her other traits but there have been times throughout the manga where she'll make comments about how "nice" she is and "how everyone is trying to make her be the bad guy" implying that she has a problem with being thought of as evil, that and cruelty in general seems to really bother her as she's always lamenting how cruel her mother and Shigure are... So yeah, if her heart type is a 2 I'm pretty sure her tritype is 261 but if her heart type is a 4 then I think its going to be 468 so I guess for me her gut type depends on what her heart type is? I'm still torn on her heart type though, what do y'all think is she more a 2 or a 4?

Arisa:Core typing is most definitely a 8w7, have no idea on her heart type though so I haven't attempted to tritype her, again neither of the heart types seem to really fit her?

Saki: Core typing is like Shigure either 4w5 or 5w4. As for her tritype I think its either 459 or possibly even 451 (her backstory WAS about her constantly worrying whether her powers could kill people and if that made her "evil.")

Kakeru: A very typical 7w8, unsure about his heart type as well so can't tritype him.

Machi: Considering she and Yuki were attracted to each other cause they're so similar I'm pretty sure she has fairly similar typing to him, except I see her leading with head instead of heart. Her core typing is either 5w6 or 6w5 with her heart typing being either a 3 or 4 and her gut typing being a 1. So her tritype can be either 531, 541, 631 or 641. One thing's for sure though, her full typing goes something like this: 5w6/6w5, 3w4/4w3 and 1w9 I guess for me my problem with her is deciding which numbers of her head and heart types lead and which are the wings since I can really see it going a few different ways, also torn with whether her heart type is a 3 or 4.

Katsuya: He's a little tricky since he was in the manga for so little but based on what we saw I'd say his core typing is 9w8 with his tritype being 935. Or more specifically: 9w8/3w4/5w4 While I'm fairly certain on these numbers I can also see people thinking he leads with 5 or 3 as his core typing. For me, its just personal preference that he leads with 9w8 since he really came off as that "calm, serene, suppressing emotions with that streak of independence type" (especially with his comment to Kyoko that he admired how she could be so open and honest with her feelings and he envied how she could cry openly when he no longer could) That to me reads that he leads with 9w8 but again considering he appears for so few chapters I can totally see how some may think his core typing is 5w4 or 3w4 too!

Kyoko: Core typing is 8w7 no question for me there! I'm also pretty sure her tritype is 862, I'm a little unsure about the 2 part but I felt that was the heart type that suit her best since throughout the manga we're shown in flashbacks how warm and welcoming she is to others such as Kyo, Arisa and Saki. We don't really see her showing any of the traits of a 3 or 4 so 2 it was for me even though I'm still a bit iffy on it. (Reason why I think her heart type is always last in her trityping lol)

Annnnd there you have it, my unofficial Fruits Basket Enneagram Typings for the core cast! Sorry if it was a little too indecisive regarding the types for a lot (okay MOST) of the characters. This manga just has such multi-layered and complex characters that its hard to just straightforwardly type them on the fly. You can't take these characters at face-value, I suppose that's why I love the series so much and why its a one of the few series that would make me even bother looking this in-depth! I suppose that's a testament to its great writing. Anyways, everyone feel free to chime in with your own opinions regarding these typings, do you agree, disagree? Why or why not? What are your typings for the characters, I'd love to hear your reasonings! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Also if people want they can post what they think the character's MBTIs are too, I'll start!

Tohru: She's definitely a Fe and Si user but has inferior Fi. She seems to have some Ni too what with her being so focused on making sure she graduates high school/enters the working force and eventually vowing to break the curse, her Ne might be inferior though since for the majority of the manga she's stuck in the past focusing only on the memory of her mom and is terrified of leaving that memory behind. Her Se is definitely inferior what with her being so spacey and ditzy but its hard to tell what her Ti and Te functions are as well as whether she's an introvert or an extrovert.... (though I'm leaning towards introvert for her since she seems to always be going along with others plans rather than taking the initiative) Soo high Fe, Si and Ni, inferior Ne, Fi and Se and neutral Ti and Te? I think she can be narrowed down to either being an INFP, ISFJ, ISFP, ESFJ, ENFJ or INFJ. She could even potentially be an ENFP but I think she's ultimately too stuck in the past for that one, one thing I'm sure of though is that she's definitely a feeler, I'm just torn wrt to her 3 other functions... Definitely either a SJ (Guardian) or NF (Idealist) though, (leaning towards NF)

Kyo: He comes off as a pretty stereotypical ESTP or ISTP but of the two I'm leaning towards ISTP since he's shown throughout the manga to be pretty antisocial. I'm not totally sold on the "T" portion of his typing though since he's shown throughout the manga to let his feelings and temper get the better of him, plus he's like one of the very few who was able to see right through to Tohru's true feelings and shame/guilt which is pretty damn impressive and suggests pretty high Fe! (then again that could have just been because he grew so close to her by then that he knew her better than anyone else, its hard to say...) None of the "feeling" types seem to fit him as well as ESTP or ISTP though but I'm open to him possibly being an ISFP too. Also perhaps ESTJ could fit him? Since that's known to be the "tsundere typing" and Kyo is pretty much the archetypal example of the "male tsundere" at least in the beginning. Okay, I've narrowed it down to 4: He's either an ESTP, ISTP, ISFP or ESTJ.

Yuki: Yuki's definitely an introvert so that's one function out of the way but the other 3 are definitely up in the air... He's shown to be particularly disorganized and messy which suggests "P" rather than "J" but then again he's also pretty firm on all the decisions he makes? He seems to have high Te, Ti, Si, and Fi but inferior Fe. No idea what his Ne and Ni functions are like but Se seems pretty high as well since he's one of the "martial artist" characters... Hmm... I'm thinking he's either an ISTJ, INFJ, INFP, ISFP, INTJ or INTP. Could even be an unconventional ISTP, another pretty hard character to type but definitely an introvert!

Shigure: Quite possibly the hardest character in the series to type since he can fit so easily into quite a few types. I think a big reason why he's so hard to type in particular is the fact that he's actually quite strong in all the functions. Like even his weakest function (which I believe is Se) is still a Tertiary function at worst (since he's highly observant of people and his environment, he's just not so focused on the physical) All his other functions though? Above average to superior. He's highly intelligent and analytical, an avid reader and is always formulating plans and strategies, he's pretty much "the chessmaster" archetype in the series so definitely high Te and Ti. He's incredibly skilled at reading people's thoughts, intentions and feelings (at only 8 or 9 years old he was able to guess Ren's true feelings towards Akito out of all the other boys!) and uses that skill to manipulate those feelings to his advantage which suggests high Fe.

He's also incredibly introspective and true to his self, never denying his feelings and staying firmly focused on his goal and what he wants throughout the whole series, so superior Fi. He even has high Si since his whole reason for doing what he does is cause he fell in love with Akito based on his memory of the dream he had of her when she was first conceived, (when he was like 7, and in the series he's 27-28 so he's been hanging onto that memory for 20+ years!) definitely can't let go of the past and has a razor sharp memory! Last but not least he's extremely intuitive, its almost like he has a sixth sense! He's always formulating plans for the future and looking towards his "perfect" future, looking for opportunities and possibilities so again high Ne and Ni. Again the only function that seems a bit weaker than the rest for him is Se and even then its not that bad! This is why so many people have trouble typing him as its rare to get a character that's so strong in basically all the functions, but though he fits seamlessly into a lot of types I think he can be easily narrowed down into a select few; even if those few seem to be a bit one too many.

So for me Shigure is definitely either an NT (Rationalist) or an NF (Idealist) he might even be an SP (Artisan) or have shades of that archetype though for me he's ultimately some sort of N despite his high Si. He is most definitely NOT an SJ so we can already rule out all the Guardian types. The other issue with Shigure is its hard to tell whether he's an introvert or an extrovert since he moves so seamlessly between the two types, probably the best example of an ambivert if I've ever seen one! (his best friends are the arch typical definitions of an introvert and extrovert ffs, Hatori and Ayame) Ultimately for me though while he could easily fit into an equal mix of E and I typings he leans more towards "Introvert" to me since he seems to be highly focused on his inner world and he's shown throughout the series to enjoy his solitude reading alone. Regardless, here are all the possible typings that I feel he can be sorted into: ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP, INFJ, or INFP he might even be able to fit into the ENFP or ISFP typings though those are less likely than the others I listed. Still quite a lot of typings, probably more so than the average character but at least I'm pretty sure of the typings he's most definitely NOT!

Hatori: Now onto some simpler (relatively) characters! Hatori's pretty straightforward he's definitely either an ISTJ or an INTJ, though I'm leaning more towards the former than the latter cause he's extremely duty-focused, none of the other types suit him as much as those 2 so moving on!

Ayame: Another easy one! Definitely either an ESTP or an ESFP lol he's like the stereotypical energetic, wild extrovert there can't be any other possible typings besides those two as his Se is out of this world and definitely overshadows all his other functions! A true SP (Artisan), moving on...

Ritsu: ISFP though a pretty unhealthy one, I'm not even torn on any other type here since none of the others seem to fit him so perfectly and seamlessly. Nervous, quaking wallflower? (I) Check. Agile and flexible in his movements like a monkey despite being average or below average in other skillsets? (S) Check. Unable to sort things out logically and automatically goes into panic mode? (F) Check! Is indecisive and needs others to help guide him and tell him what to do? (P) Check, check annnnd CHECKK~! ISFP for him, there can be no other!

Kagura: While I would quickly slot her as an ESFJ and call it a day one thing stops me from doing just that... And that is being unsure on whether she's an introvert or an extrovert. At times she can be EXTREMELY extroverted as she's incredibly friendly, energetic and is always taking the initiative with people but then again when we first meet her she's shown and is even said to be shy and hesitant... So yeah, I'm not sure... People help me out here is there such a thing as shy extroverts? if so she's definitely a ESFJ if not... well I guess she could be either an ISFJ or INFJ? (since I don't think the introverted inverse of ESFJ, ISFJ fits her that well if she is in fact an introvert.)

Kureno: He's a tricky one cause while I'm sure he's an introvert and a high Fe user I'm really torn whether he's a J or a P. Cause on the one hand he's described as being spacey and ditzy not unlike Tohru and does seem to have a hesitant/indecisive quality to him like a P would. On the other hand the fact that he made a firm decision to stay by Akito's side no matter what and never wavers even in the face of temptations (plus the fact that he's the one that's said to handle all her responsibilities for her) suggests a strong J. I don't know I'm torn, I think he's definitely either an INFP or an INFJ just not sure which one suits him best.

Hiro: At first glance I was thinking either ENTJ or ENTP for him since he has a very straightforward, blunt and take-charge kinda attitude and personality (like an ENTJ) but then again he also can be a smart-alack troll like an ENTP but then I got to thinking... He's really more of a sensor than an Intuit isn't he? I mean Hiro's whole shtick practically screams "no-nonsense, practical, pragmatic sensor." Plus he's a very typical tsundere type so maybe ESTJ suits him best? Yeah either ESTJ, ENTJ or ENTP for him take your pick!

Kisa: Very, very obvious introvert and feeler just unsure about the other two letters. I think for her she's either going to be an ISFJ, an INFP or an ISFP since those are the ones that seem to fit her whole demeanor and personality best, I'm leaning towards INFP since she seems to have a pretty hesitant personality.

Momiji: Extremely high Fe and Fi, definitely his main two functions, so I was originally gonna go with either ENFJ or ENFP (though I've sometimes seen him typed as ESFP and that's also very possible). But then I was thinking... Despite all his exuberant energy and outward appearance there's still a sense of subdued tranquility and wisdom to him (especially later on in the manga) that could just be his high N clouding my judgement but he could easily come off as an introverted healer or counselor too. So yeah torn between ENFJ, ENFP, ESFP, INFJ or INFP. He's most definitely an NF (Idealist) though, probably the purest and most straight example of one in the entire series! (Yes, even more so than Tohru.)

Haru: Seeing as how he's all quiet, subdued and oblivious (well, at least when he's not in black form) he's pretty much an introvert. Due to his general spaciness but low-key quiet understanding and wisdom of people I can really only see him as either of these types: INFP, ISTP, INTP or ISFP The S vs N and F vs T could go either way but he's definitely an introvert and spacey perceiver.

Rin: Now she's a tough one... while I'm definitely sure she's a introvert and Judger there are some "P" tyings that really seem to suit her. And like with Haru I can't really tell with the whole S vs N and F vs T it could really go either way for her. I mean she has enough fortitude and savvy to attempt to find ways to break the curse at whatever the cost which suggests a high T and J but then again she's also a highly creative artist and into fashion (suggests N) and was one of the very few that was able to see through Tohru's act and behind her mask (which suggests extremely high Fe, and unlike Kyo she was able to do this only after pretty much just meeting her! Then again, she had experience prior with her parents putting on that act and then breaking so perhaps she just knows the symptoms and warning signs but still...) She seems very practical and no-nonsense and has a high Si function, but again her abundant creativity suggests an N over S... I don't know I guess the typings that would most fit her are either ISTP, ISFP, INFJ or INTJ. She could even be a highly unconventional INFP or ISTJ, what do you all think?

Akito: Akito's tricky for two reasons and two reasons only: Is she an introvert or extrovert? And is she more of a Judger or Perceiver? She's definitely an SF no question there! Seriously, the girl has pretty low Te and Ti functions, definitely thinks with her heart and is always openly showing her emotions not to mention she has enough of a handle on other's emotions as well to manipulate them! As for the S, she's pretty much obsessed with the past and terrified of the future and moving on, she is holding on to the memory of her dead father like a leech (That FUCKING BOX!) and curse's power to ensure that no one will ever leave her. She desires "eternal bonds" and an "eternal, never-changing banquet." So yeah dominant Fe (though unhealthy for most of the story) and Si functions, inferior everything else.

The problem lies in the first and last letters of the MBTI. At first Akito comes off as a definite extrovert what with her confidence, intimidating tactics and open aggression. She's not afraid to say what's on her mind and even hit people if it keeps them in line! But then towards the end of the series once she begins to change we slowly see her become much more timid and hestiant, she seems unsure and uncomfortable around people, really shy, not to mention throughout the series even before she changes she one of her coping methods for stress is shutting herself away from the outside world and wallows in sorrow alone. All this suggests an introvert more than an extrovert to me. As for the Judging vs Perceiving, while again on the surface she comes off as a decisive, no-nonsense decision maker in an interview with Natsuki Takaya she admits that Akito barely does any work as the head of the Sohmas and pretty much just finds it a drag (though this does change once she changes at the end) Takaya states and I quote, "The only effort she puts into is existing, all the daily responsibilities she leaves up other people like Kureno." Not to mention throughout the series during flashbacks we see Akito expressing envy that Kureno is a bird and gets to fly, she seems to love birds and it's almost as if she wishes she could have wings too and be free like them?

Sooo yeah I'm not sure... Based on all that I'm torn between three specific typings for her, specifically ISFJ, ESFJ or ISFP. I've also seen some type her as ESTJ taking into account her no-nonsense, authoritarian and tsundere-like attitude/temper but I think typing her as an ESTJ is a superficial reading of her character. I can see it, but I think the three I picked suit her better.

Arisa: Some type of extrovert and most likely a judger so either ENTJ, ENFJ, or ESTJ. Though I see her more as judger type she also seems pretty athletic and energetic so ESTP and maybe even ISTP could work for her too.

Saki: Another pretty easy character to type considering she's definitely an introvert and a perceiver (gets terrible grades and is very lackadaisical about her future) I see her being either an INTP, ISFP, or INFP. INFJ could also suit her despite her being more of a perceiver since she definitely takes a "guardian angel" like role when it comes to Tohru and her feelings. Either some type of NT (Rationalist) or NF (Idealist) with her.

Kakeru: A very obvious ENTP is there even any question here? Okay I can definitely see others typing him as an ENFP, ESFP or ESTP, but I'm sticking with ENTP.

Machi: I see 5 potential typings for her and nothing else: INTP, INTJ, ISTJ, ISFP or ISTP I'm leaning more towards the "T" typings but she could easily fit into any of the feeling types I listed as well (as a repressed feeler)

Katsuya: Hard to say whether he's an introvert or extrovert since he was in the story for so few chapters, he APPEARS to be an extrovert but I don't know I get introvert vibes from him. (especially considering he outright admits to Kyoko that for the longest time he always saw other people as beneath him and trash) He's definitely some sort of N but its hard to tell the other three types. Soo either an ENTJ, ENTP, INTP or INTJ. He could even potentially be an INFJ since even though he claims he can't experience intense emotions like Kyoko can cause he suppressed them all he seems to have a very keen insight and understanding into her feelings and the feelings of others and plays very much the stereotypical "Counselor" to her so INFJ could fit too. (though again I can't tell if that's due to high Fe or just the fact that his Ti, Te, Ni and Ne are so incredibly high that he's able to have that sort of insight) Definitely some type of NT (Rationalist) type, though I suppose the NF (Idealist) type could work for him too if he is, in fact, an INFJ.

Kyoko: Definite, definite extrovert! The only question is what type? Like many of the others on this list while I'm sure of at least one letter of her MBTI, I'm stuck on the other 3. I personally can see either ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ, ENFP, ESTP or even ESFP or ESFJ (though those last two are a stretch, especially the ESFP one, maybe she's just a really unconventional one?)

And there you have it, not only the Furuba character's Enneagrams but my attempt at trying to find their MBTI typings as well! Again feel free to either agree or disagree with my typings (while telling me why of course) as well as adding your own theories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I think I just figured out Yuki's gut type, I'm pretty sure it's a 1! It's not a perfect fit but compared to the other gut types 8 and 9 it seems like the one that fits him best since he can be pretty moralistic, rigid and hard on himself like a 1. Okay so I think I finally figured out Yuki's Tritype, it's gonna be 461, any objections?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh yeah let me also do the character's instinctual sub-types!

Tohru: She's tricky because she's so focused on her mother and preserving her memory for a big chunk of the story, I'm not sure that counts as sx? I mean in a way it seems like she's almost looking to MERGE with her mother and fears seperation and loss but I'm unsure if that counts as sx or sp (maybe even so?) For now I'd say she's either a so/sx or sx/so with sp being her blind spot. (The girl had no problem LIVING IN A TENT after all lol!)

Kyo: sp/so definitely! Blindspot is definitely sx as he doesn't really care about romance at all until he meets Tohru and grows closer to her! (Note his rebukes of Kagura)

Yuki: Either so/sp or so/sx whichever it is Social is definitely his main concern and instinct since his whole dilemma throughout the story is wanting to make genuine friends and trying to find people who'll accept him.

Shigure: sx/sp, maybe even sp/sx but I'm pretty sure sx leads since his goal throughout the series is to make Akito solely HIS! He's essentially a romantic looking for merging and doesn't really seem to care or place as much importance on other aspects of his life, especially when it comes to friends. (hence why he only has two close ones) He's incredibly skilled socially but that doesn't register as much on his radar and he has no problems with not following social conventions or gaining group approval, so yeah sx/sp with so as his blindspot!

Hatori: For Hatori I'm gonna go with so/sx (maybe even so/sp?) I'm pretty sure though that Self-Preservation is his blind spot rather than Sexuality/Romance since he did seem to really desire and cherish that genuine one-on-one connection to another (i.e. "merging.") in the case of Kana. (Look how devastated he was over the loss of that relationship!) and he's really very selfless and overextends himself taking care of everybody and putting them before himself which suggests a sp blindspot. But then again though he valued his relationship with Kana he never really goes out DELIBERATELY seeking romance like someone like Shigure would. Takaya also stated in his profile that he was the only one of the Mabudachi Trio who never dated anyone in high school either sooo... I don't know it could go either way with either so or sp being his blindspot. He definitely leads with social though!

Ayame: You wouldn't think that sx would be his blind-spot of all things (MEN'S ROMANCE, RED LIGHT DISTRICT!) but actually I'm gonna put it there and have him be a sp/so because really while he can get very, erm "passionate" about the subject on the surface when you really take a look at Ayame's whole background and personality (this is the guy that cold-heartedly rejected that girl from his high school days who wanted to go out with him but then once he vows to change and better consider other's feelings he starts feeling guilty over how his callous words might have affected her rather than the rejection itself!) He was really all about selfishly promoting himself to the indifference of others (suggests sp) while also caring alot about his status and popularity (so) so yeah I'm gonna go with sp/so with sx being his blindspot.

Ritsu: With that anxiety over himself and how he affects others? sp/so or so/sp SOOOOOOO fucking much its not even funny! Hell his literal ROMANCE in the story was an after-thought compared to the others! If that doesn't suggest sx as a blindspot I don't know what does!

Kagura: Like Ayame I'm actually gonna go with sx as her blindspot to everyone's surprise. I mean yes she chases Kyo throughout most of the manga but what's her MOTIVATION for even chasing Kyo in the first place? Is it because she desires a "merging/connection" with someone? Whilst she does admit she eventually came to love Kyo for himself as time went by her ORIGINAL reason for even wanting to be with him was to assuage her guilty feelings over how she first treated him when she saw his monster form. She couldn't stand that she had a "dirty, bad" side to her and she thought that if she made the effort to love Kyo romantically and be the closest to him out of everyone it would redeem her and prove she IS a good person at heart! So basically Kagura's all about her image and how she comes off to people (she's one of the most popular and friendly characters in the story after all, always trying to reach out to everyone around her!) which suggests she leads with so, however she's also invested in looking good and trying to protect that cultivated image (she admits to herself that "wanting to look good and selfless" in loving Kyo was her own selfishness) so that's also pretty sp. So yeah she's a so/sp, definitely!

Kureno: so/sx with sp being his blindspot. He frequently muses and laments to himself how him being the only one released from the curse isolated him from the rest of the Zodiac. (implying a desire to connect with a group) He seems to want freedom from the Sohma estate and Akito's confines so that he can experience the outside world and society PLUS his only true regret on his decision to stay by Akito's side and become her lover was cause it damaged his relationship with Shigure who used to be a close friend he looked up to, all this suggests that social relationships are his number 1 priority! I feel sp is his blindspot because like Hatori he's essentially selfless, always taking care of the needs of others and putting them before himself and his needs, plus he also seems really oblivious on how to do daily chores and take care of himself. (as Arisa points out when she first meets him)

Momiji: Another selfless type who's extremely social! So so/sx for him with sp being again the blindspot. (And Sexual definitely fits as his second type considering he comes to fall in love with Tohru and his angst later on in the series is more the fact that he knows she'll never love him back in that way and chooses Kyo)

Hiro: I'm gonna go sx/sp here since he seems really laser-focused in regards to his crush on Kisa, I definitely also can see so being his blindspot since he can seem pretty selfish/self-centered what with him always mouthing off to others like a brat without considering their feelings (the only feelings he DOES take the time to consider are Kisa's) Though he does get better later on in the manga with the birth of his little sister but still... I'm pretty sure he leads with sx and so is his blindspot.

Kisa: so/sp here which is why the bullying at her school affected her so much to the point she stopped speaking! She really desires group approval but also has her own defense mechanisms when she's threatened (shutting down completely, takes time to warm up to and trust strangers hence how she bites Tohru when she first meets her) sx is definitely a blind-spot which is why its hard for her to notice Hiro's feelings.

Haru: so/sx? He's kinda tricky but I think it makes sense for sp to be his blindspot since he's also relatively selfless and oblivious and is always putting himself at risk for his friends and loved ones. (Hence why Rin calls him "too nice" and why she's afraid being with him will put him in harm's way.)

Rin: sx/so definitely! How she muses how she "wishes she could have been born as Haru's heart so that way they'd always be together." How everything she does is for his sake. How she's not very good with people and has a hard exterior but ultimately DOES want friends and wants the best for others (she seems so genuinely happy/embarrassed when Haru mentions that Tohru is her first real friend!) suggests a strong social instinct even if its not her main type. Also EXTREMELY low sp, holy hell if that's not her blindspot than I don't know what is! I mean she admits herself she doesn't care what happens to her as long as Haru is safe, she's always putting herself in harm's way and is willing to sacrifice herself for Haru, plus she REALLY doesn't take care of herself! She hardly sleeps or eats and is always ending up in the hospital!

Akito: Either sp/so or so/sp. Yes she's one of the few non-virgins in the series but its shown that she uses sex more as a weapon to bind people to her rather than desiring it in and of itself. Also yes she desires to be loved and never left alone but I'd say its more PLATONIC love that she desires rather than romantic. (Hence why she wanted ALL the Zodiac's love and why Shigure's jealousy of Kureno always blindsided her) She ultimately had a childish understanding of Shigure's feelings for her and even got attached to him at first just cause he reminded her of her father. Really it seems to me her core desire was always just to have true friends and to be cared about by a group/the group, she's really more focused on friendship/parental love in the end rather than romantic/sexual hence Shigure's issues with her. So yeah she's either an sp/so or so/sp with sx being the blindspot.

Arisa: Hmm she's kinda tricky cause she seems relatively strong in all three areas? I mean she's a total romantic and never lets go of chasing after Kureno, (and falls for him after only ONE meeting!) has strong self-preservation skills which is why she was immediately on the defensive when she first met Tohru, also she used to be a goddamn GANG member ffs! You gotta have sp skills for that! (also the fact that its mentioned SHE'S the one that's essentially supporting her household since her dad's a no good alcoholic who can't hold down a job.) And she's also relatively social... I mean, she cares about Tohru and Saki more than anyone and really always desired acceptance and a warm home which is why she eventually even bonded with Kyoko and Tohru... Hmm is it possible to be all three sp/so/sx with no blindspots? Cause that's all I'm getting with her, though I suppose if I MUST choose one as a blindspot I'll go with so though it's still barely a blindspot when it comes to her!

Saki: so/sx for her I mean remember how much it affected her when she was bullied and ostracized from her glass cause everyone thought she had the power to curse others? Also despite her self-proclaimed "crush" on Kazuma I will go down with my headcanon that she was always secretly in love with Tohru but was selfless enough to put aside her feelings cause she knew she would never feel that way about her and so didn't want to burden her with her feelings. (Pretty much exactly like Tomoyo from CCS) Which again suggests a high value on romance/merging but poor sp skills.

Kakeru: Either a sp/so or so/sp same type as Ayame since he admits to Yuki that he was always a selfish guy looking out for himself (meeting Komaki changed him I think? But he didn't go out LOOKING for a romance like a sx type would) but he was still relatively social and outgoing as demonstrated how he was able to bring Yuki out of his shell. So yeah, he's either a sp/so or so/sp (I'm leaning more towards the former than the latter) with sx as his blindspot.

Machi: She's tough cause she seems weak in both so AND sx, she just seems to be completely sp ruled! I suppose if I have to choose I would pick sx as her blindspot and so as her sub-type since ultimately I think she really does desire acceptance from the group/true friends like Yuki does (hence why he was able to see the similarities between them) she's just been so burned in the past that she's put up a stoic, anti-social front acting like other people just don't interest her. But considering I don't think those are her true feelings I'll peg her as a sp/so though I could definitely see others putting so as her blindspot and typing her as a sp/sx!

Katsuya: sp/sx, he's socially skilled superficially like Shigure but firmly admits he came to resent other people and secretly always looked down on them as trash which definitely implies a so blindspot! Ultimately he was always an incredibly selfish character before he met Kyoko which suggests he was sp ruled.

Kyoko: Oh boy now SHE'S a tough one...! lol I mean like Arisa she pretty much places the same importance on all three aspects? She's gotta be pretty sp-dominate considering she was the freaking RED BUTTERFLY! (the most famous world-renowned, toughest gang leader in town, how do ya think Arisa first knew about her?) she had an extremely "fuck the world! every wo(man) for themselves!" when she first met Katsuya and its really only thanks to falling in love with Katsuya and him changing her that she even learned to care about others, but once she DOES change its shown she places an extraordinarily amount of importance on her social relationships! (How great of a mother she is to Tohru, how her home pretty much becomes a safe haven for outcast/rejected kids like Kyo, Arisa and Saki) This suggests that social relationships really WERE always important to her deep down since I don't think a true so-blindspot person would be able to change and genuinely care about others like she does. (Look at Shigure and Katsuya for an example of TRUE so-blindspotted people!) But then again I also just cannot see sx as her blindspot considering she fell so hard for Katsuya that she was even willing to commit suicide once he passed away just cause she literally thought she was physically incapable of going on without him! Of course she eventually proved herself wrong but wanting to commit suicide once your partner passes away just cause you can't BEAR not being with them is definitely not a reaction someone with a sx blindspot would have! So yeah, I'm really really torn here. Any ideas which one you think Kyoko's blindspot is?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually scratch the possible ENTJ tying for Hiro, I don't know what I was thinking. He's definitely either an ESTJ or an ENTP.

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
638 Posts
It's been way too long since I've read the manga (like 8 years?) for me to accurately type anyone, but your passion for it is certainly admirable.

I'd say Kyo is likely an ISTP. Tohru's probably an ESFJ.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After doing more research on the other types and how their instinctual sub-types influence them, I'd like to reclassify a few characters:

Shigure: I'm now more unsure of his core typing, he could very well easily still be a 4w5/4w3/5w4 like I originally thought but then again he could also be a 3w4, 7w8, 8w7, 8w9 or even a 9w7! These five other types specifically with the sx/sp or sp/sx stacking tend to strongly resemble 4 and 5, making determining Shigure's exact typing more confusing then I thought. Well I guess I'll just go with what I know for sure: His heart type is either 3w4 or 4w3, his head type is going to be either 5w4 or 7w8 and his gut type is going to be either 8w7, 8w9, or 9w8. His tritype is either 458, 459, 478, 479, 358, 359, 378 or 379

Yuki: I've now figured out Yuki's gut-type, he's a definite 1! (perhaps his head type is even 5 instead of a 6?) so his tritype possibilities are going to be either a 451 or a 461. (possibly even a 351 or 361?) His heart type is either 4w3, 4w5, or 3w4. His head type is either 5w4, 5w6, or 6w7 and his gut type is either 1w9 or 1w2.

Kyo: Kyo's gut type could possibly be a 1 instead of an 8 (sure are a lot of 1 gut-types here in Furuba lol!) so 614 OR 684? I'm still not totally sold on 4 being his heart type but out of the 3 heart types that's the one that MOST matches him. (Maybe just because he obviously doesn't lead at all with his heart?) Core typing is either 6w5 or 8w7.

·
Registered
ISFP 2w1 (9w1 7w6) sp/so
36 Posts
I have not watched the anime reboot, just reread the whole manga a while ago

I think your typings are pretty sensible honestly and I agree with a good part of them so I'll focus on what doesn't make sense to me at all

Do you type based on the sole anime ?
Or the manga ?
To me Yuki is an obvious 9w1. He has all the traumatic childhood and reaction to it of a 9 as we see near the end of the manga. What makes you think 4 ? Because I do not see it at all. I was thinking Yuki would be a 9w1 6w5 and possibly 2 fix (though I could be swayed to a 4 fix since that's not the part I'm the most sure about)

EDIT : Reread the title, based on the manga so I understand even less the 4 core.
I see everyone typing Yuki that way, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
Please expose me your reasonning, and I'll explain why I think he's a 9w1 in return.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not watched the anime reboot, just reread the whole manga a while ago

I think your typings are pretty sensible honestly and I agree with a good part of them so I'll focus on what doesn't make sense to me at all

Do you type based on the sole anime ?
Or the manga ?
To me Yuki is an obvious 9w1. He has all the traumatic childhood and reaction to it of a 9 as we see near the end of the manga. What makes you think 4 ? Because I do not see it at all. I was thinking Yuki would be a 9w1 6w5 and possibly 2 fix (though I could be swayed to a 4 fix since that's not the part I'm the most sure about)

EDIT : Reread the title, based on the manga so I understand even less the 4 core.
I see everyone typing Yuki that way, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
Please expose me your reasonning, and I'll explain why I think he's a 9w1 in return.
I personally think he's a 1w9 or 9w1. He probably has a 4 heart fix but, I agree, it's not his core.

·
Registered
ISFP 2w1 (9w1 7w6) sp/so
36 Posts
I personally think he's a 1w9 or 9w1. He probably has a 4 heart fix but, I agree, it's not his core.
I'll go with 9w1.
Yuki's biggest problem to me is him learning how to have a voice; which is a 9 problem not 1.
As a kid he was taught that what he wanted and desired was of no importance; that his parents would use him as much as possible and he basically just had to roll over and take it. In the same fashion with Akito, Yuki was only allowed to take it & obey. His growth path at the end of the manga is him learning that he can say "No" and leave; learning to not just ''go with it'' because it's what was expected of him.

(I went back to the exact chapter that really show how/why he had such a ''stereotypical'' 9 traumatic childhood)
Chapter 72, for his Career Counseling
His mom takes entire control of the conversation. Not letting him speak or even give his opinion because "Yuki has never been able to think of himself'' and ''can't take décisions on his own''

You can see in the flashback that Yuki tried in the past to be "heard" by his mom. By that I mean he asked for a simple thing, as best as he could : going to an outside school. You see him struggle to articulate himself, you see his mom not even considering or listening to him. And how it makes him realize that his word have ''so little meaning. So little strenght." and that he is unable to be heard. And that never again wanted he to put his feelings into words if it was to be brushed off that way.

And the second thing the chapter put an emphasis on is ''fear of abandonment"
More accurately, when Yuki goes after his mother. He realizes how ''small''she is to him now. That she's not this overwhelming presence, ''so very big'' like she was before.
Yuki expresses that as a child, if he were to be separated from her, if here to be abandonned from her, everything would lose color. Everything would come to an end.

All of this ? Is pure 9. I don't see a 1 or a 4.

He then goes on to grow, confronting his mother. And once more, what he says is that truly living in this world, partaking in things on more than a surface level require efforts. But that he wants to put in that effort. Even if the result might not be something he's comfortable or happy with. Because it'll be something he's proud of regardless. And that from now on he'll take his own decisions.

That is a 9 who grows healthier. Who stops clinging to what is comfortable, who stops fearing the backlash that comes with standing his ground. Who stops isolating himself and dares putting himself OUT THERE.
It's a beautiful growth, and I cannot understand another angle that Yuki being a 9 core for it.

He might not be able an usual one : he can be cold, he can be harsh. But he still has the coping mechanism, and the core issues of a 9. And if it gives people another view of what a 9 is, that's all the better in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts