Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its very important that we dont fully label people and assume why ppl dont get along is because of personality types.

I dont know if this has anything to do with our personalities, but there are times when my Dad and step Mom and I dont see eye-to-eye. Its probably just usual parent-child stuff...

I was curious to know what types they were, so i had them take the quiz. They both got the same: ESTJ! not suprising...
My Dad thought it did fit him...and I thought so too. :happy: and I showed him mine,
The Dreamer" he chuckled. :laughing:

but they are more "on the go" people definitely. they dont delay with anything. everything is structured and on time. This is a problem when we all go to church on Sunday or go somewhere. Im 99% the last person to be in the car... and this can get on their nerves...and mine too!

They are more organized.. kind of bossy! (Yes, they are BOTH LAWYERS!) :crazy:and im the aspiring artist..

but that doesnt mean they dont have feelings..lol they obviously do like everyone else!

facts and logic are more important in most ways...then theories and emotions i think.

when they see my room is a mess, they spaz out..

my Dad actually has a gift in art. (which I know a part of me got from and also from my Mom)

He is moved by art that deals with the SENSES. such as impressionism, post impressionism... and art that is more realistic and may tell a story. (He does know the difference between real art and kitsch though!)

Whereas I am more moved by art that deals with the Intuition. Such as Symbolism and Expressionism..art that expresses emotions, feelings, passion, the human condition, very timeless and spiritual things... things not seen but are very real.

·
Registered
615 Posts
My mom and dad is estj. I love my mom with a passion, and I neither love nor hate my dad. He's so simple, but believes that everything else is too complicated, and can be quite violent/arrogant at times. He thinks he is a kind, good person, which he is, but his other traits often overshadow this fact. Also his tendencies to justify his wrongdoings are really annoying. Especially when it involves permanent damage.

He is very intolerant and closed-minded, and when he saw I was INFP, he said "So, you're the more emotional, and girlish type right?" I just nodded, although he is too impatient at times, and tend to lash out much quicker than I.

Lol, I'm such a bitter INFP. I love my mom, she had no choice but to marry this guy, and yet her view on life is so optimistic, and rather happy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Really? I thought that opposties attract.
i just met this estj a few days ago and if i wasent moving then we would have dated each other!
it got of really fast, like romeo and juliet fast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I get along well with healthy ESTJ's (my sister), but I don't get along well with ESFJ's. My mother is one of them and she is very bossy. She's always giving me orders, for her we're all unfair and when she gets mad, she first attack us and when you attack her back, she's a martyr.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My father is an ESTJ.
I hate him pretty much.
He's an alcoholic so maybe that's why I don't like him.. but really I don't like him that much when he's sober either.
He's such a little know-it-all..

·
Registered
254 Posts
I believe my mother is an ESTJ, but I am unsure because she has never taken the test. She is VERY bossy. She gives us a lot of work to do in the yard, and around the house. She expects us to take care of ourselves for the most part and thinks we can figure out everything on our own. She flips a shit when I leave a dish out, if I have socks on the floor, or if my room isn't in tip top shape.

I think my father is actually an INFP. He is the complete opposite of my mom and more like me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Having had undergone personal experience with my ESTJ father whom I once actually believed to be an ISTP and a past science teacher of mine whom was one as well, (once a rather unhealthy ESTJ for that), I can't say I get along quite well with persons of this personality type, and likewise goes for ESFJs.

While I don't sincerly loath any of the types with an undying passion, my father happens to be a domineering control freak whom will invariably try to get those that encompass him to do what he believes or else he will be angered to no end. While I am actually trying to get along with him better these days, I'm still rather exasperated at given times at the fact that he will constantly be encompassing me and giving me orders in a manner that nearly makes me feel suffocated, and while I try to tolerate as much as I possibly can concerning him in order to avoid conflict, I still feel rather annoyed at his bossy nature. Additionally, while I do not intend to be rude with this statement, I dislike the fact that some beings of the ESTJ type appear to be "perfect" know-it-alls whom feel the need to be critical towards those they find to be irrational and delusional, as I saw with a random male ESTJ who for some reason has been posting critical commentary concerning INFPs within these threads lately. While I realize not all of them act in this manner, I still feel irritated at the fact that some of them tend to be so rigid that they are unable to accept that some people simply visualize and resolve the same problems as they through a different angle and perspective that is unlike theirs. As for ESFJs, I've actually believe I've met some in prior times, and I can just say that our types at times just don't seem to mesh well, either. While I actually get along fairly well with healthy ESFJs, I honestly feel as though I can barely tolerate the controlling ones whom are both hyper-sensitive and bossy. Once again, I don't mean to sound rude or antagonistic towards ESxJs, as I would never intentionally hurt another persons feelings, but instead am merely stating my experience with them each.

I wish I knew how to tolerate them, being a young girl whom is quite vulnerable and sensitive myself, but they just tend to vex me at times...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts