Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*If your very politically correct and/or a crybaby-keep reading, you'll have fun* :)

I should start by saying that there is a special place in hell for those that try to censor me-or anyone else for that matter. :dry:

However, I'm curious as to how my fellow ISFP's feel about this. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who despises the Social Justice Police.

I won't hide the fact that I was born and raised in the U.S. in a very conservative Mormon household. I don't consider myself religious anymore, but I'm no atheist. My conservative beliefs are still something I gladly carry with me to this day.

I consider myself a history buff for the most part, and I have been researching U.S. history for as long as I can remember. Our ancestor's came from dogma and restriction, to create a free land where you could express yourself without fear.

I miss the times when the "First Amendment" actually meant something. The United States is a joke, when we won our freedom so long ago it inspired several other European nations to do the same, and now were on a one way path back into censorship. We fought for expression and now were gladly giving it up.

The "Social Justice Police" don't let anyone express themselves anymore. We've turned into a spineless country. We used to be the kid on the playground that everyone was afraid of, and now were just a little bitch country that can't (or won't) fight for what it believes in.

I even had to question whether or not I wanted to mention that I was Mormon and a conservative, because it's so looked down upon these days. But whatever-fuck it. Being liberal is the "cool thing" these days. :rolleyes:

My mom is a Mexican immigrant, and my dad and grandma are refugee's from El Salvador. They knew the struggles from those third world countries and they did there best to get into this country legally. Now we have thousands of Illegal immigrants crossing the border, and it's apparently our job to look after them:

Anyway, that's the end of my rant. I can still go on, and on, and on, but I think you guys can peace the rest together. I've only barely touched on this subject.

NOTE: I know this is pretty Western-centric, but all comments are welcome, PC or not. Lets try to promote free speech and expression.

I'm no ESTJ so I cant link a billion articles, but here's something:

Sen. Ted Cruz: 41 Democrat Senators Want to ‘Repeal the First Amendment!’

NYC Wants To Ban ‘Dinosaur,’ ‘Divorce,’ Other Words From School Tests

On a less serious note, you would never be able to tell that my family is Hispanic, because I look like a fucking ghost. :tongue:

·
Spam-I-am
14,158 Posts
hope you don't mind input from a NT but I very seldom am PC
don't really care if others are offended by the truth
examples- the U.S. is one of the biggest offenders of terrorism, think Hiroshima and Nagasaki
there is a limit though I do not believe in being racist with my comments but out side of that all subjects are open to debate

·
Registered
676 Posts
Excellent post , I am not a United states Citizen ( though one day I'll visit the place ) but there is
not denying that US is the most influential state of the world right now and that a lot of political
decisions made there effects the rest of the world , so I am really interested in what other ISFPs
have to say , this is the best thread so far period .

ps-fuck political correctness .

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have just watched that video you posted of doctor Carson on political correctness , he tells this
funny story about the two birds that gets eaten for not speaking up ...a very brilliant joke and every
body laughed at it , Michelle Obama started clapping and then I have noticed (reading his body language ) that Obama was uncomfortable with the joke and poor Michelle realized that too and stopped clapping . what the hell is wrong with this guy , I cant believe I supported him so hard in 2008 he turned out to be a fucking disappointment not just for his people but for the whole world .

Guys watch from 2:00-2:05 and look how Michelle suddenly stops applauding .

Reactions: Fire Away

·
Heretic
5w4 9w8 2w1 Sx/Sp INTJ ESI
10,836 Posts
Interesting video.
Unfortunately PC is here to stay.
Fighting it is like fighting ebola.
You are very likely to become just another casualty unless you are very very careful.
Now the people in the vids speaking have their act together.
Suited up in hazmat.
You and me will just be run over if we try the same.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't know who cries more, the PC crowd or the anti-PC crowd. I mean everyone's got opinions you know. I understand the frustration of being a labeled racist or some other derogatory term when that's not what you are talking about at all. The problem I see with a lot of anti-politically correct people is that sometimes they just want an excuse to express an over generalized opinion that can be quite offensive and then they expect people just to take it. It doesn't work that way. Someone's going to call you out on your bs.

Remember when the first amendment applied only to white males? Remember when Mexico used to own the Western half of the United States and many U.S. citizens would immigrant there? Remember when Mexico outlawed slavery in 1829, decades before the U.S., and this made many U.S. immigrants living in Mexico nervous because they were profiting off slavery at the time, especially off cotton production? This was what eventually led to the battle of the Alamo and the U.S. taking of Mexican lands: a fear of losing slaves.

Also, to go off on a tangent, the U.S. did not invent 'freedom' or 'democracy'. 'Freedom' is kind of a loaded term which means many different things to people. 'Freedom' at certain times in U.S. history has meant the 'freedom' to own slaves. Democracy has a more solid definition: 'a government led by the people'. Western democracy was largely influenced by the Greeks and Enlightenment Era thinkers. It is believed by most that the founding fathers of the U.S. invented and revolutionized the concept of representative democracy, but that is not true at all. The Iroquois nation had a complex form of representative democracy hundreds of years before the invasion of European settlers, without the influence of the Greeks or any 'Old World' people. Benjamin Franklin and other founding fathers of the U.S. were invited to various political gatherings of the Iroquois and it is highly likely that many ideas that went into the Constitution came from their observations of the red men.

In life there are many conflicts, some large some small. Everybody is just trying to reach a higher level of completeness in life, whether it's the immigrant crossing over illegally or the politician profiting off illegal wars, and many times one man's happiness means another man's sadness (though it doesn't have to be). Anyways, I think the best thing anyone can do when debating and solving the problems of the world is make sure they have honest intentions and that they wish the best for the humanity.

·
Banned
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hope you don't mind input from a NT but I very seldom am PC
don't really care if others are offended by the truth
Ya, should have expected as much. I was expecting NT's and SJ's to be the least PC.

the U.S. is one of the biggest offenders of terrorism, think Hiroshima and Nagasaki
and there's that...

If we consider killing thousands of innocents as terrorism, than it would be. However if we consider it as war than it looks a little different.

won't deny the A-bombs though.

there is a limit though I do not believe in being racist with my comments but out side of that all subjects are open to debate
It's more than just that. Of course there are some people that want political correctness to be gone so that they can be prejudice, but it's come to point that we're so focused on not offending anyone that we have lost our own voice; oppressed if you will.

I personally would on purposely attack someone for their skin color, sexuality, religious views, etc. but I also don't want to sit there as everything I value is defaced and destroyed.

·
Banned
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent post , I am not a United states Citizen ( though one day I'll visit the place ) but there is
not denying that US is the most influential state of the world right now and that a lot of political
decisions made there effects the rest of the world , so I am really interested in what other ISFPs
have to say , this is the best thread so far period .

ps-fuck political correctness .
Thanks bro. :proud:

You should come visit, I mean we got our bullshit-but who doesn't you know?

·
Banned
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting video.
Unfortunately PC is here to stay.
Fighting it is like fighting ebola.
You are very likely to become just another casualty unless you are very very careful.
Now the people in the vids speaking have their act together.
Suited up in hazmat.
You and me will just be run over if we try the same.
Scary part is, even the ones wearing the hazmat suit's are still getting it. 0_0

·
Registered
182 Posts
The "Social Justice Police" don't let anyone express themselves anymore. We've turned into a spineless country. We used to be the kid on the playground that everyone was afraid of, and now were just a little bitch country that can't (or won't) fight for what it believes in.
So we're supposed to be a bully, makes sense I guess. Here's my freedom of speech: using the word bitch is really ugly.

·
Banned
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So we're supposed to be a bully, makes sense I guess. Here's my freedom of speech: using the word bitch is really ugly.
You just completely missed the whole point of this thread.

This is more about people pleasing than anything. We're supposed be so polite to everyone that we don't have a voice anymore.

Take this article (its rather short):

and this vid:

it's not about being a bully, it's about being spineless.

Let me ask you a question; Would you rather be everyone's bitch, that gets bullied and tossed around, or would you rather be the biggest and most feared that no one fucks with? The U.S. is a super power, it unfortunately works like that.

·
Heretic
5w4 9w8 2w1 Sx/Sp INTJ ESI
10,836 Posts
Scary part is, even the ones wearing the hazmat suit's are still getting it. 0_0
That is because they are lazy or tired from the stress of it all and they accidentally breach protocol.
Being totally safe is a chore of being dilligent to a semingly ridiculous degree.
Resources get streched thin, people work overtime and boom some little mistake is made.
That is all the virus needs.
1. Touch something with the infected glowes.
2. Touch that spot with object 2.
3. Touch object 2 with object 3.
4. Throw away object 2.
5. Touch object 3 with your hand.
6. Whipe your forehead with your hand.
7. Clean hands, touch forehead again.
8. Touch your eye.
9. Game over.

Same applies to PC.
You think you have it all covered when you are rested.
But then you have a bad day, you forget something.
But the masses are relentless, they don't give out breaks for bad days,
just like ebola.

·
Banned
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know who cries more, the PC crowd or the anti-PC crowd. I mean everyone's got opinions you know. I understand the frustration of being a labeled racist or some other derogatory term when that's not what you are talking about at all. The problem I see with a lot of anti-politically correct people is that sometimes they just want an excuse to express an over generalized opinion that can be quite offensive and then they expect people just to take it. It doesn't work that way. Someone's going to call you out on your bs.
I unfortunately don't know where to find this, but there was an interview recently where the interviewer mentioned "Illegal immigrants" and the woman being interviewed corrected him, calling them "Undocumented Citizens".

That's the shit that I'm talking about. Political correctness stops us from pointing the fingers at those who are "actually" causing harm and getting shit done.

There's is without a doubt people who wan't political correctness to be gone, so that they can be prejudice and condescending to others, that I won't deny. However from a more political standpoint its just rather hindersome.

*delayed response, my bad. :p

·
Banned
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya, should have expected as much. I was expecting NT's and SJ's to be the least PC.

and there's that...

If we consider killing thousands of innocents as terrorism, than it would be. However if we consider it as war than it looks a little different.

won't deny the A-bombs though.

It's more than just that. Of course there are some people that want political correctness to be gone so that they can be prejudice, but it's come to point that we're so focused on not offending anyone that we have lost our own voice; oppressed if you will.

I personally would on purposely attack someone for their skin color, sexuality, religious views, etc. but I also don't want to sit there as everything I value is defaced and destroyed.
@vinniebob

I just realized that I put "I personally would on purposely attack someone."

That's a total typo. and a rather ugly one. :frustrating:

I meant to put "Not"

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
(I typed several paragraphs and the browser crashed! Damn! I will try to rewrite what I did.)

I feel annoyed when people talk about being careful about their words so not to offend certain minority. So fake! It's even worse if they are secretly racist, homophobic, etc.

I am not a conservative, but I doubt if you can really call me a liberal, either. I don't think "political correctness" is a liberal thing in itself. It's more about politics than what one truly thinks, otherwise there's no need for it to exist, because if a person truly believes in the ideal that matches what is politically correct, he will hardly say anything politically incorrect. From my experience, when you have a discussion with people about some social issues, the term doesn't really have a place. I might say anything but that. It's simply irrelevant. It doesn't even cross my mind. If you are wrong, you are wrong. If you are racist, you are racist. You are not politically incorrect.

That's why PC is usually used by people or the media to criticize public figures and politicians after they have said something "wrong," not so much because it's bad/wrong/evil/ignorant, but because it's a stupid thing to do. And that's why I hate this term, because I hate how fake the world and people and politicians and politics itself can be.

I can get annoyed when someone says something racist/sexist/homophobic/discriminative, etc., but it doesn't mean I want to force people to stop saying those things. So I get annoyed, and then I respond, or simply ignore it and move on. Some of those people, I simply wish they don't exist, I mean those real bad ones. If I read something that I do and don't agree with, or I want or don't want to believe in but have doubts, I suspend, I think it through, and I ask myself questions.

On either side (left and right) there are ignorant/immature people and the mature one who knows more about the reality, who knows what he is talking about and truly understands why he believes in what he believes.

·
Banned
597 Posts
I think political correctness exists to censor idiots and remind ourselves that discrimination is frowned upon. The problem is some people pretend to care about minorities to show off and talk down to others, while actual bigots still exist and get their word out.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This is more about people pleasing than anything. We're supposed be so polite to everyone that we don't have a voice anymore.

Take this article (its rather short):

I agree that this and things like Merry Christmas are too extreme.

To "being spineless," I think that depends on your perspective on things. That is quite along the line of the mentality of people like the speaker in the video. "I am just being polite and politically correct. I am so spineless (because I don't feel like what I say)." If you are the person who really believes that saying Merry Christmas is wrong, you won't feel like being spineless.

I would feel spineless, too, but then it's not only PC, it's about not brave enough to speak up in general.

No no no, saying that PC takes away our freedom of speech would be like saying that keeping quiet when attending a public lecture takes away your freedom of talking on your phone. I guess you can argue that both are violation, and I think these extreme PC are shit. But you can hardly say this damages our freedom of speech when you think about police states in the world and countries with heavy government internet censorship, and surveillance in this country. Real threats can only be done by those with real power, with the military, with weapons. Terrorists and governments, the latter more so.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts