Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thought struck me earlier today as I was thinking about my thinking about something that sometimes it really feels like a little war in the head between different personalities--or different breakdowns of personality--competing and discussing together with the different point of views.

So I thought it might be fun to play with that idea and share examples of the dialogues between your various functions, however you'd like to see those thoughts described by the various functions for the fun of the exercise! This could be something that went through your mind in just a few minutes or something that has kept being turned over for weeks or even more. The subject doesn't matter too much and can be vague, but the point is to have fun (hopefully!) and analyze those thoughts and share them in terms of our cognitive functions.

Feel free to include your enneagram components too! So for me, my "characters" could be Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, 4/4w5, 9/9w1, 6/6w5 etc. You can include everything or just have a brief back and forth between, say Ni and Ti. It's wide open for rules! Creative license awesome too:) I'll share an example to get started.

Thank you, and enjoy! :)

Ni: It was such a strong feeling from that first moment, I just know he's meant to be an important person in my life, somehow. I want so very much just to know him more and more, to understand his mind and spend the rest of my life getting to know him more deeply every moment. I think so much about what could be, but I'm so paralyzed. I have no idea what to do!

Se: Well duh, just tell him how we feel or something!

Ti: Se, you're inferior and you're crazy. There are many reasons why it would not be wise to jump into anything like that. A: it's a bit of an odd circumstance according to our different places in the social environment, we must take that into consideration and act accordingly, eventually B: Is it really a good time to be "falling in love"? We have a lot to focus on with the university work, and we must not let mere feelings get in the way C: And Ni, you having this "feeling" does not "mean" anything. Think about it. In reality, you hardly know him that well at all. Stop relying on your great "sense" of people all the time, please.

Se: Hey, first off, you are only tertiary and you're really not helping when you try to take over that much. We need to get out, look to what is outside of us! You guys get so trapped in here, seriously! And besides, sometimes we have the most fun when we decide to do something super great and spontaneous. *cough* not like you guys ever let that happen, like, almost ever *cough*

Ti: Well the point is, it's silly. We can't go chasing these rabbit hole feelings that things are just "meant to be!" We talked about this before, we don't even believe in "meant to be!" We need to just shut the idea out for now. We have a midterm to study for!

Ni: But you can't say that! We might not believe in fate per se, but we can't deny that some things that strike us so profoundly and keep catching our focus and chaining our mood even when we try not to let them have got to be important in some way, that it's not just "silly." Everything is subject, anyhow, all our experiences and connections and the way we perceive the world as we go through life. And what is life without seeking our own meaningful connections as deeply as we can? I have to agree a little with Se I must say, sometimes you just have to trust yourself a bit and go with something!

Ti: :rolleyes:

Ni: Oh come on, you can't deny this person has made a huge impression on us. We can control what we do (I mean, as long as everyone keeps on Se like we've promised), but we can't control what our mind keeps pursuing with such great force. You're just wrong on that one, Ti!

Fe: Look, you are so absorbed in yourselves. I mean, it's all what you dream so deeply of and what is logical to do and all that but what about what everyone else would think? What about him even? Can we at least try to look at this from his perspective too? Maybe he thinks nothing of us and we don't even get it because we've been so wrapped up in our little dreamy world. Sorry Ni, but you know you tend to get lost in your perfect little idealizations. Maybe he isn't all that great anyway and you're just blinded by your view of him! I mean, he isn't all nice, remember that story from your classmate?

Ni: Shut up, you know we don't trust everything she says. I am sure he had a good reason, I know he is a good person.

Se: I just can't wait until we see him again!!

Ni: I know! I really can't wait until we get to talk to him more though!

Se: He is so handsome.

Ti: He is quite smart, I'll give you that. We all know we wouldn't like him so much at all if he weren't!

Ni: True indeed. And I love his perspectives and interests. Sigh. I guess we do need to study for that midterm. Not as though this will ever drop completely from our mind!

Ti: Sounds good. If you promise to focus on the midterm, we can have some Mozart to listen to as well.

Ni: Ooh that sounds lovely! Let's get started!

Se: Umm, aren't you forgetting something?

Ni and Ti: Uh, no?

Se: It's, like, eight o'clock! If you we don't put the potato in the oven now we won't be eating until ten or something! We haven't eaten since eleven or something!

Ni: But, we're thinking now! What is this obsession of yours with eating and all? Seriously. But fine, since you've been annoying enough to interrupt us, let's go put the potato in.

Se: Gee, it's kinda important. As annoyed as you get at me, you know you never end up doing well when you all neglect me!

Ni: Yes yes, we know. But still, you can be annoying. Alright, to potato everyone!

Reactions: Crimson Ash

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Dissenter: What does Ti know? Nothing can stop Ni-Fe from falling in love now that it has realised that it has found someone who perfectly fits the bill. I am so happy and excited for you, Snowflake. :kitteh:

By the way, does he happen to be an ENFP?

Reactions: Snowflake Minuet

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Alright, I just dug up an oldish post of mine.

Fe: Mano, how come you're so beautiful?
Tabby: purrrrr
Fe: Come on, mano, tell me.
Tabby: purrrrr
Fe: Talk to me, mano!
Tabby: purrrr
Ti: Natural selection, baby!
Fe: Why do you have to be so prosaic, Ti?
Me: Fuck this!

·
Registered
INFJ 4w3
494 Posts
Funnily, this seems more like a conversation between 4 INFJs inside your head, because they all speak through the same mouth and borrow a lot of the other's elements. My attempt:

Upon waking
Ni: ...another day, what am I up to...
Fe: (she is missing)
Ti: -still waiting for Ni-
Se: mouth tastes like shit
Ni: who cares?
Ti: brushing teeth is an option
Fe: why does it even matter?
Ti: no, enough of you, you don't help the process
Ni: yeah, she would wake me up wouldn't she?
Ti: ...that is correct, it did happen like that
Fe: it felt like...
Ni: and reminds me of when we...
Ti: yes, yes...
Se: guys, cmon

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Fe: Hug

Ti: No :rolleyes:

Fe: Hug :sad:

Ti: No :dry:

Ni: "Complex abstract thought"

Fe: Hug? :crying:

Ni: Sure why not, but first explain this idea to me

Fe: :crying: Hug....

Se: Get in here silly.....wait never mind you smell.

Don't even get me started on how this works when I start liking someone. Though it does echo your post quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dissenter: What does Ti know? Nothing can stop Ni-Fe from falling in love now that it has realised that it has found someone who perfectly fits the bill. I am so happy and excited for you, Snowflake. :kitteh:

By the way, does he happen to be an ENFP?
Thank you! Who knows though, I rather doubt it will ever work out, but time will tell I suppose:)

I haven't thought too much about it, but I'd guess he's an ENTP or ENTJ. I do tend to be much more attracted to ENTPs than ENFPs (for friends an things too, not just romantically at all) I find. I guess I love the Thinkers! I do feel fairly sure he's a thinker and an intuitive, but not 100% sure at all beyond the NT which fits nicely I think. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to get to know him better, and then I'll be able to tell! It's hard when you usually only see people in certain situations to type.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Thank you! Who knows though, I rather doubt it will ever work out, but time will tell I suppose:)

I haven't thought too much about it, but I'd guess he's an ENTP or ENTJ. I do tend to be much more attracted to ENTPs than ENFPs (for friends an things too, not just romantically at all) I find. I guess I love the Thinkers! I do feel fairly sure he's a thinker and an intuitive, but not 100% sure at all beyond the NT which fits nicely I think. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to get to know him better, and then I'll be able to tell! It's hard when you usually only see people in certain situations to type.
Your writing style bears this uncanny resemblence to my own from the time I fell in love. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts