Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about this while trying to figure out the difference between Fe/Ti, Fi\Te and which functions resonate with me more.

How do different types/fuctions deal with stories, and what do they take from them?

I for example tend to judge book-characters for their actions pretty heavily if they don't align with what I feel is right.
Imagine Person A and Person B are a couple. A behaves in a way towards B that is incredibly unethical to me, but totally acceptable in the universe/world they live in. I cannot accept that explanation though, and then try to find more acceptable reasons for A to behave the way they do. If I can't find any reasons (headcanons) that make sense to me, it's very difficult for me to keep reading and root for them as a couple.

I'm currently unsure which function would most likely behave in that way, so what do you think?

How do you think other functions would perceive/judge this? How do you read books?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
This does not only relate to the judging functions but through the perceiving functions as well, an Si dom would relate (Ne use here as well) the story to a similar experience by the person.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
I think this type of cognitive activity is too complex to be explained via cognitive functions, let alone boiled down to individual functions. Maturity, life experience, and the reason for reading are examples of the diversity of factors that can affect how someone views a story.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Sounds like heavy Fi. Fe tends to see ethics as more relative and pliable, while Fi has a deep grounding of what is right or wrong. You seem to lean heavily on the Fi-side there.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think this type of cognitive activity is too complex to be explained via cognitive functions, let alone boiled down to individual functions. Maturity, life experience, and the reason for reading are examples of the diversity of factors that can affect how someone views a story.
if thats the case what is the purpose of cognitive functions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts