Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think part of this will rely on your own sense of humor, but please post your rankings of the funniest and least funny personalities.

1. ESTP (They have a perfect mix of common sense and clownish behavior that is hilarious at times)

2. ENTP (Some people don't get their jokes, but there is no type that can make comical observations as good as these guys)

3. INTP (It's hard to beat those puns and ironic observations)

4. INFJ (Their cynicism can be very comical)

5. ISTP (At their best when making fun of something)

6. ISTJ (Same as INFJ)

7. ENFJ (They make child-like observations that can be irritatingly cute)

8. ENTJ (Same as ISTP)

9. ENFP (Same as ISTP.)

10. ESFP ("cheering up" tactics can be quite comical)

11. ISFP (Funniest when frustrated or angry)

12. INTJ (Best when they retaliate with incredibly accurate insults)

13. INFP (Same as INTJ, although the insults are more exaggerated than accurate)

14. ISFJ (Same as ENFJ)

15. ESTJ (Only funny when they're not trying to be)

16. ESFJ (Nice and good-natured, but not funny)

This list is partially based on my own sense of humor, so feel free to criticize

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I could agree about ISFP. Have three friends, all of them are extremely funny when someone picks on them, haha. So I always made some jokes to which they responded pretty hilariously.
And about INFP insults, I go for the soft spot visible for everyone in the person, beat around the bush a little and then strike something.
My ESFP niece is actually so dorky it's fun to make some innocent fun of her, haha and she cheers me up quickly with her clumsy accidents. :laughing:
Any ESTPeople to crack a joke for me? :proud:

Reactions: Calvin

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Before I came in here I knew INTJ wasn't going to be rated very high. Of course the ETPs usually dominate in lists like these.

ITJs make excellent straight men. I'll let you figure out which way I mean that based on context. Do not disappoint.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ENTPs wins hands down, it's like ''funny'' is a natural part of their personality. I have yet to see an ENTP that can't make me laugh.
On this I agree with you, but the only reason I didn't put them number one is because their sense of humor tends to appeal to a limited crowd. My ENTP professors have me cracking up every class, while the rest of the class just rolls their eyes. Some people just don't know the meaning of humor I guess.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think that people with strong Ne are the funniest.

INTPs crack me up. Like you said, they have such a way with irony and little observations. My INTP best friend and I went to watch Beauty and the Beast in 3D, and while I sat there in wonder because I'm an INFP sap, he just kept making witty observations and picking apart the plot. I was in tears laughing. Typical Ti-Fi friendship dynamic, I think. :) INFP and INTP can really appreciate and understand each other's zany, ridiculous, Ne brand of humor. ENTPs are hilarious, too, in obvious ways. They're the comedians of MBTI, I'd say. I think NTPs are the funniest to me.

The funniest person I know, though, is my ISFP stepsister. She's pretty spacey, and the things that she says leave me in tears. I think it's that stoner brand of humor, which is actually often associated with ISFP. I remember that when she was in, like, 7th grade, she had to write a science report on magnets. What she wrote was something like:

Magnets are like people on a cold night. They stick together to stay warm and toasty. Sometimes, though, they don't love each other, so they don't stick together. That's why sometimes magnets move away from one another.

Yeah, that was her scientific explanation on magnetism, and she got so mad because she didn't understand why it was funny to us. And, like you said, angry ISFPs are hilarious, so we just started laughing harder.

·
Registered
280 Posts
On this I agree with you, but the only reason I didn't put them number one is because their sense of humor tends to appeal to a limited crowd. My ENTP professors have me cracking up every class, while the rest of the class just rolls their eyes. Some people just don't know the meaning of humor I guess.
The professor I had was ENTP, the whole class was hilarious and entertaining, while being laid back and making the material interesting as well. I'd say ENTP's are the funniest, but I just might have a bias. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
ENTP's are hilarious up until the point when they throw trash on the ground just because they know you hate it but will still pick it up and throw it out for them. What, just me?
Your 'Eeyore' avatar describes your relationship with those ENTPs perfectly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My INTP friend is hilarious. Her sense of humor is pretty dark, dry, and sarcastic, but she is seriously one of the funniest people I've ever been around. There's something about that kind of humor that never fails to make me laugh, even if some of it shouldn't be funny... :wink:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have mostly known IT people more closely and they/we usually have a sense of humour ranging from witty to weird. My current partner though is ENTP (I think) and he's hilarious. He's throwing in all these quips and I just wonder how the heck all this come to him so smoothly :D

And I agree with cudibloop, my ESFJ (Fe, Si) mom is just er... not funny o_O She always just says something intended as a joke but it's just bland or weird. Or maybe it's just me who can't appreciate her humour...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
xNTP cracks me up constantly. I think it's the Ne/Ti thing. But probably the two funniest people I know are ENFJ and INFP respectively. On the other hand, I know other ENFJs who really don't mesh with my humor, and some INFPs take themselves too seriously. Also, it can be hard for us INFPs to roll out the smoothest quips when we can sometimes barely even, you know, string together a coherent sentence.

Growing up, I had a good friend who is ESFP and she often had me in tears, because she just did the most outrageous things and never held back on her childlike enthusiasm (which sometimes lead to some hilariously worded observations). But generally I don't laugh much around ESFPs.

I don't usually find INTJs very funny, lol. Sense of humor was one of the main compatibility issues between my most recent ex and I. He's an INTJ and he's also a "1", and he took things SO SERIOUSLY. Towards the end I would mentally compare him to my two INTP exes and really miss how CONSTANTLY they made me laugh. I also recently witnessed another INTJ make a mildly funny joke, and then had to say "that was sarcasm" after the fact which just ruined it.

ESTJ... I just think of corny car salesmen jokes.

I love my ESFJ friend but I have noticed that whenever I laugh with her, it's mainly because she's adding onto or responding in some affirming way to my own jokes, lol. Hmm.

But yeah. There are always exceptions.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
How many of us entp's got voted best sense of humor in high school? ;) trolling for life...
we didn't have this but l can remember two dueling class clown from my last year of high school.

One very SP, likely ESFP and the other ENTP (or maybe an outgoing INTP).

The xNTP was LOLLERSAUCE, but not everyone got it. He'd sometimes go for the 'easy' humor to try and compete with the ESFP but overall he just wasn't interested.

The only reason he was viewed as possible contended were due to his occasional Ne WTF moments.

l was somewhere in between, myself.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts