Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, does anyone here believe in a life calling? a call to adventure? All through history theres the recurring theme of the "hero's adventure" the call that takes the ordinary person on an extraordinary path albeit many more hardships along the way. I'm now 20 years old. I feel I might have taken the call but fallen off the train, and now lost a big opportunity. Now if I pursue this dream I will have to do it on the side of a day job and it seems my time is running out.
I have a habit of recording my nighttime dreams and lately theres a theme of hiding from a larger power (police, foreign army, military) that I think reflects the need for an ordinary day job that I am resisting the notion of. Much of my energy comes from my expectation of the future and I have a strong aspiration to express myself and release my energy on stage public speaking or playing music. I personally know I have a tremendous presence and charisma that is an elusive thing, only coming by every once in a while, which alternates with my usual detatched/shy personality.
Time for a new dream?
I have a 3.8 gpa at the community college and can go to any good university in state, just a 9-5 job seems like it would be the death of me.
at its best angle im in a state of horrible career confusion anyway...
Can any of the older members here relate to a thing like this? What were your big dreams when you were younger? any advice?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Oh yeah, most definately. I've received the "calling" many times to go out and find a path true to myself and follow it, yet the anxiety and nerves get to me everytime. Now I feel it to the extent its less "go find your calling" to "why aren't you listening to me? Get out there!" and I feel great guilt and confusion about it. My intuition doesn't help either. It knows I feel unhappy about my 9-6 office job and always ask why I hate it so much, am I escaping reality by wanting to leave or escaping responsibility and hardship by not leaving my comfort zone etc.

I've spent four solid years now since college dreaming and trying to plan a travelling trip amongst other things. I have many dreams, yet I fear to dream them sometimes in case they are shattered by a ruthless reality. So many routes, yet some will be more true than others and others more fulfilling than others. Is there one both fulfilling and true? Would I find it time before it is closed to me forever? This particular subject goes around in my head constantly and I believe I can find an answer for my own life, though whether it would be too late is the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts