Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know INFJs like planning and thinking about the future. And how they often think they can plan and foresee a whole sequence of future events.

But how well do your plans often go to plan?

Can you execute your plans? Or is all your planning merely some neurotic tick, a safety mechanism that stops you actually participating in reality?

Like for example, I often think I have great skills of planning to the extent that I even think it borders on manipulation of the future, so events shape up to suit my favour.

Am I delusional? Is this some sort of narcissistic projection on reality?

The reverse of it is that all decisions that have lead to my current state I take full responsibility for.

I'm never someone to simply think "that was fate", or "thing will take care of themselves".

So are you INFJs masters of your future?

·
Registered
ISFJ 2w1 261
1,978 Posts
ive got a plan right now for the next 6 years of my life including buying a house, getting married and having children.
however i don't have a plan for if it doesn't go right (get pregnant accidently, lose my/our jobs etc) i just kinda assume it will go the way i want it to, and it usually does! however, i don't always apply logic to it - as i said, i don't always account for factors that may happen in my life. i could get an illness that means i can't do any of them and i wouldn't be prepared for that.

besides that however, usually the way i think of things in my head is the way they turn out. and yeah i think it's mostly due to manipulation so it shapes up to suit my favour as you put it.

im definitely not one willing to leave my life to "chance/fate" i don't think i could cope with the uncertainty lol

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Part of me believes fate can be controlled, but that goes against its nature. Everything I've really set my mind and heart to has happened. I don't know if I'm a good planner, but I'm good at consistently applying what needs to happen in order to reach a goal. It can be a curse sometimes, because I won't stop until whatever I'm working towards is the reality. That motivation could be from a fear-based place that I don't have control over reality at all-I don't know. That's why I'm careful and slow to commit to anything. To me, a good planner understands that unexpected things will happen to and around you that can't be altered. The trick is being adaptable in the moment to feed the long term-goal, and seeing problems as necessary obstacles to overcome and, in the end, using them as fuel to keep the flame of my resolve burning. I don't have control over anyone else's reality, only my own, which is the only one I both know and interpret other realities through. My experience of it has always been absolute and fatalistic, the one unifying reality, whether or not that's what it really is.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,449 Posts
I can execute any plan as long as my reason for doing it and my desire for the final outcome is big enough. When starting out on any big mission (I call them missions, because you can fall short of a goal, but what's important is the larger mission) I think about the final outcome that I want to achieve and then work backwards and figure out what I need to do to achieve it. I'll get it right down to what I need to do that month, that week, that day, that very hour. That way if anything comes up and I get sidetracked or something goes wrong, it's much easier to get a hold on the situation and come back from it. So if have the steps all there, all I need is maximum effort and unwavering belief in myself that I can get it done. |

The closer I get to the end, I can almost feel things starting to go my way. Like fate or something. It might sound crazy or whatever, but it's like I'm willing it to happen, and the universe is kind of opening up pathways for me to achieve whatever I set out to achieve. But it comes down to a relentless push towards the end, a burning desire to make it happen, and belief that it is possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts