Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could give advice to an INFJ who's often/from time to time worried about the future, what would it be?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have anxiety towards the future occasionally, but it's more directed towards the unknown parts or the parts I can't figure out on my own, the parts that other people have control over or some sort of influence over

I try not to let my self stress over these things to much, seeing that I have little control over them anyway.

live somewhat in the moment, that helps me not worry much about the future.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Worry is like a rocking chair, you don't get anywhere.
If you can change your outcome to something more positive, then take action. If you can not change the outcome, it is going to happen anyway so you might as well enjoy your present.
The biggest fears we have are of things that never come anyway. Realize that you can make the decision to enjoy the present. Tomorrow has enough troubles of its own.
"Troubles are a lot like people - they grow bigger if you nurse them."

Don't make things worse for yourself.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly are you worried about?
I can get worried about anything..whether I'm doing ''right'' in the viewpoints I picked for myself from me studying politics, even though there's no evidence to say I'm not doing it right..etc

·
Registered
354 Posts
I can get worried about anything..whether I'm doing ''right'' in the viewpoints I picked for myself from me studying politics, even though there's no evidence to say I'm not doing it right..etc
This sounds to me like a matter of trust and confidence. When you get worried about doing right, I'd suggest you to listen to your gut feeling. Why do you think you did this or that way to begin with? Do you usually agree with your actions? Sometimes gut feeling gets overlooked by aims of rationality.

I tend to get super worried, because when I get nervous and unsure about something, I will keep changing my perspective and reframing the whole thing, until I have no idea what I think about it - and I think that by working myself up, I'll can find some absolute answer to my doubts. It's a mess. Usually I know the answer if I just sit back and listen.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Watch the "Back to the Future" movies. The future isn't set in stone. It's what you make it. :eek:)

As long as you don't travel back in time to the past and start erasing yourself and everyone you've ever loved, it's all good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts