Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arin: ISTP. He's totally an introvert. Laid back. A slacker. Can come off as cruel or uncaring. Messy, according to Suzy. Also, during
he compares himself to Meg from Hercules, a fictional ISTP.

Dan: INFP. Think about Dan's story about his depression during Wind Waker. He is described as socially awkward and shy but may be ambivert leaning toward introvert. Incredibly warm to others and their worries. Total idealist.

Jon: ENFP. Loud and outgoing. Afraid to hurt other people's feelings. This one I'm not completely sure of, as I didn't really like Jon during his time with Game Grumps (I do, however, love his solo videos).

Ross: xSxP. Goddammit, Ross. I can't figure out what your personality type is.

Suzy: INFJ. Easiest to type without a shadow of doubt. Idealist of all idealists. Organised. Incredibly introverted, even more so than Arin. Sensitive and empathetic.

Barry: IxxJ. Barry's tough. You could say he's an extrovert, but he seems reserved to me. Definitely a J because he had to edit for a long time. Maybe a T, but I lean toward F. Another I'm not at all sure about.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's an incredibly simplistic, and kind of an elitist way to view what they do. I mean you can apply that sort of "logic" to anything:

"Don't directors just make stupid recordings of people playing pretend for theatres?"
"Don't writers just make silly stories of fictional events and people for a collection of paper with binding?"
"Don't artists just take materials and make something that doesn't matter?"
"Don't musicians just play the same chords in a slightly different variation for any idiot who'll listen?"

I just find it kind of disheartening you would say something like that. Like it discredits them and their fanbase because they "just make stupid commentaries" while playing games. I mean, I'm sure you wouldn't want anybody to describe your interests or likes in that matter. Because by putting it like that, you're by extension saying you don't have to be intelligent to like those videos, or to be a fan of the people who make them. It's too dismissive of their art (and comedy is an art in every sense of the word).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Probably won't explain this too well, and it might be stretching for evidence, but here's my take.

Arin: INTP
Think about the functions, not just general type description. He's definitely quiet and analytical (Ti), and apparently has ADD, something common of Ne-users. He's amazing at coming up with random possibilities and scenarios and improvs. In an episode of the Sonic 06 playthrough with Jon, they were all about history of the Greeks and Romans, and Arin even said how much he loved it. Something that could count as Si. As for Fe, especially as an inferior function, he sometimes doesn't realize until after he's said/done something that could be offensive to his friends or the audience. He tries to keep harmony in his own way, and is more outward in his emotional expression, even if some of it is just for theatrics.

Jon: ENTP
I'd say he very easily could be mistaken for a feeler, but again, functions. Pretty easy to tell he's Ne-dom with his spazziness and improv skills. Although he seems to use Ti in the way he assess a situation, and analyzes flaws in-game, similar to Arin. While extroverted, he seemed to bounce off of Arin most of the time (Fe) rather than keep to his own consistent feeling like Fi would. He's even said he's pretty open with his feelings and what's going on in his life. Fi isn't so inclined to do that. Using the same example as I did for Arin with Si. Especially in his solo videos with his great store of game history (sure it's scripted, but he still wrote it).

Not so sure about Dan or the others, so your guess is as good as mine.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Arin- INTP

Jontron and Danny- ESFP and ENFP, respectively

They are both outgoing and open with their true emotions, but JonTron is much more of an Se button-pusher. He tries to make comedy happen. He sings. He shouts. He pushes Arin's buttons and threatens to break the ginger-bread house him and Suzie made. Meanwhile, Danny talks in theoretical absurdities (his impression of an alien pretending to be a human, his "Mr. Wilson" rap, etc.). People say all the time "oh, well I love JonTron on his own, but I feel that Dan and Arin have better chemistry," and I think that may have to do with the Ne-dynamic.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll stand by myself in the dark, dusty corner designated for those who think Arin is an INFP.
Haha, allow me to enter that corner for just a moment. While I see him as INTP, there is an argument to be made for INFP. He has pretty stringent morals, such as abstaining from alcohol and weed, and meditating to clear his mind, etc. He doesn't go around preaching like "zomg drugs are bad, I get high off life!" or anything like that, he just personally doesn't do certain things. He also loves quotes of wisdom. Those things are very Fi, desiring clear paths to follow for living ones life, and I relate to his approach to life in several regards. There is also a certain child-like charm to him, which is quite INFP.

However, I don't see T over F. He is extremely blunt, calling bad AVGN rip-offs neck beard losers and the like. JonTron made fun of them as well, but he was more "well, we're making fun of them, but we're not being mean," in his attitude. You could argue that is more Fe than F in general, and I could see that argument, but compare Arin to Fi-user Dan (who can be blunt as well, saying "people get offended over stupid shit," but is also pretty open about his genuine feelings, like when he admitted he cried in the episode about his depression and struggle against OCD). Arin's emotions are almost exclusively portrayed as exaggerations for comedic effect.

Arin is INXP to me, but I would lean towards INTP if there was a gun to my head and I had to choose one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Arin: I'm leaning toward ISFP since ISFPs are known as "The Artist" He could be a ISTP since I somewhat relate to him.

Dan: Is definetly a INFP

Ross: Seems to be uptight and controlling so i'm going with INTJ

·
Registered
INFJ ♀ 2w1 || 9w1 || 5w4 Sp/Sx Decadent.
835 Posts
I've posted about the Game Grumps before but I think I've changed my mind about some of them xD

Arin: IxTP
Suzy: ENxJ

Danny: ENFP (His Ne is much stronger than his Fi and you can see it in all his NSP videos)
Jontron: ENTP

Ross: ESxP
Holly: INxP

Brian: Most likely INTP.
Barry: To this day, I have no idea! xD
Kevin: Also no idea.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm not gonna try and type Jontron, I've never liked him and I'd just be biased and give him a type I don't like.

Danny - xNFP
Arin - ISTP
Suzy - xNFJ
Ross - ESxP
Barry - I have no idea?? he's difficult.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems to be uptight and controlling so i'm going with INTJ
I made an account on this just so I could tell you what a stupid thing that was to say and how stupid you must be to say it. Good lord almighty in heaven above, do you always make such baseless assumptions? Jesus fucking christ. Maybe you're trolling, I don't know. Maybe you just have really negative associations with INTJ's.

Fuck.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Arin: IxTP
Dan: ENFP. If he's an INFP, he must have some strong-ass Ne because NSP is just dripping with it. And Arin's commented he's the most introverted extravert he'd ever met, classic ENFP thing.
Brian: INTP
Jon: I started watching after he left, and I'm not fond of his solo content. I wanna say ENTP though.
I honestly avoid videos with Suzy in them; I just don't find her entertaining. And your guess is as good as mine on Barry and Ross.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Maybe you just have really negative associations with INTJs.
To be fair, I'm guilty of that sort of stereotyping too, particularly against people of Choleric temperament.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I made an account on this just so I could tell you what a stupid thing that was to say and how stupid you must be to say it. Good lord almighty in heaven above, do you always make such baseless assumptions? Jesus fucking christ. Maybe you're trolling, I don't know. Maybe you just have really negative associations with INTJ's.

Fuck.
Lol ok. Not a big deal. Idk what I'm talking about I'm not an expert on personality types.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Arin- INTP

Dan- ENFP

Jon-ENTP- People confuse him for a Feeler because of stronger Fe, but him and Arin argued in the older videos because of battling Ti-usage.

Barry- Used to think INFP, but when I look at how his analysis on games work, he constantly cites sources for the basis of his processes, so I'm going with ISTJ. Also, the individual Grump interviews make him seem more like a sensor.

Suzy- IXFJ, but leaning on INFJ. Very much about causes and is mostly an idealist.

Ross- Used to think he was an Exxp, now I'm certain he's more of an Ixxp. More likely, the ISFP.

Brian- INTx currently going with INTP

Holly: INFP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts