Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 4011 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I love this show. I have read the first 2 books and starting the 3rd. The books give the characters a lot more depth so some of this is tricky.

Tywin Lannister INTJ Type 8
Cersei Lannister INTJ
Jaime Lannister has the wit of an ENTP but too impulsive so an ESTP
Tyrion Lannister ENTP
Joffrey Lannister type douchebag (right along with Theon Greyjoy)

Eddard Stark INFJ (I see NF qualities here)
Catelyn Stark ENFJ
Sansa Stark ESFJ
Arya Stark ESTP (she's hard to type)
Robb Stark ESTJ???
Jon Snow _NFJ???
Bran Stark ENTP?
Rickon Stark too young to type.

Daenerys Targaryen INFP

Robert Baratheon ESFP Type 8w7

Lord Baelish ENTJ
Ros ESFP (not in the books)

I'm missing a lot of other people, feel free to add others. No spoilers please, I'm typing them up to how they have been portrayed in the show thus far.

I know there are fans of this show...let's play!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Danaerys is an ENFP. she's definitely extroverted. And Arya is too good on her own to be an E, but I might be wrong. but I agree with you on Tyrion, Sansa and Ned Stark.

otherwise I'm unsure.
When I think ENFP I think of Renly Baratheon

Oh and who could forget Stannis!?? Total ISTJ

·
Registered
528 Posts
When I think ENFP I think of Renly Baratheon

Oh and who could forget Stannis!?? Total ISTJ
Renly, yes. or is he an ESFP?

Danaerys is always relying on others to get along. and she's highly charismatic. not that we INFPs aren't the same. but I don't think we would be so outreaching. if she was an introvert I'd actually say INFJ, as in protector. she might actually be an ENFJ. she chooses to claim the throne as it is hers by birthright. she seems to take her beliefs and values from external criteria like tradition. she believes what she was taught as a child almost no matter what. her brother is the exception, but he isn't a true "dragon" as he couldn't survive the gold poured over him.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Renly, yes. or is he an ESFP?

Danaerys is always relying on others to get along. and she's highly charismatic. not that we INFPs aren't the same. but I don't think we would be so outreaching. if she was an introvert I'd actually say INFJ, as in protector. she might actually be an ENFJ. she chooses to claim the throne as it is hers by birthright. she seems to take her beliefs and values from external criteria like tradition. she believes what she was taught as a child almost no matter what. her brother is the exception, but he isn't a true "dragon" as he couldn't survive the gold poured over him.
Renly was different from his brother in that he wasn't as glutinous. Robert just wanted to hunt, screw women and eat. He lived in the moment quite well. Robert didn't want to be King he just wanted to play. Renly was more popular with others, everyone adored him. He was intuitive enough to get out of King's Landing after his brother's death and even warned poor Ned. Renly seemed more introspective of himself and was more cautious than his older brother.

As for Danaerys, she is still her true self while blending in with the Dothraki. She doesn't seem that extroverted to me because she trusts few people and keeps her deep feelings to herself. She heavily leans on others "stronger" than her like her brother, Khal Drogo (lol her sun and stars), Jorah Mormont and now her baby dragons. She has moments where she appears strong but it's sort of like a little kitten getting angry. She doesn't have a clue about what she's doing or how she's going to do it. She is relying on her own values to what is right to get her through this mess. There's no plan. She's sort of a damsel in distress with a good heart but quite naive. You do see her character growing so who knows...I'm still going with INFP or perhaps INFJ, but she's nothing like the other INFJ's in the show. She's more random (and lucky she's still alive).

Viserys, her brother reminded me of an unhealthy ESTJ. He didn't even try to understand the Dothraki culture and stuck to his traditional stubborn ways. "This is how it's supposed to be..."

·
Registered
528 Posts
Renly was different from his brother in that he wasn't as glutinous. Robert just wanted to hunt, screw women and eat. He lived in the moment quite well. Robert didn't want to be King he just wanted to play. Renly was more popular with others, everyone adored him. He was intuitive enough to get out of King's Landing after his brother's death and even warned poor Ned. Renly seemed more introspective of himself and was more cautious than his older brother."
Hm.. I think you're being a bit biased against the sensors here. You have put up some quite unflattering traits and linked them to being a sensor. weird how many intuitives seem to do that unconsciously. I hope this isn't going to start a fight, but I think it's important to point out bias when I see it.

but I agree on Robert being a sensor as he was clearly more gifted at fighting than the powergames. he was a man of action, but not necessarily of planning it. when it comes to how he lived later, I actually think he was a bit stuck in the past of fighting and Ned's sister instead of embracing his present. he was probably a type under stress or depression. I'd rather focus on how he was during the war. so yup, sensor it is.

but Renly was also a knight, so the XSTP part might be there. And even sensors can guess that Ned speaking up about the queen and disputing her son's right to the throne might cause trouble :p. Ned warned Renly first about what he was going to do. when it comes to popularity I have a good friend who is an ESFP. and she's hugely popular. but she is more capable than the rest of us at getting on with her life, running organizations etc. she isn't lost in her head, which makes her more able to engage with us who are there. so popularity does not an N make. but I know you didn't mean that. sensor are cautious too of course. so I'm still more into him being a sensor. I'd actually say that Renly lives more in the present with arranging tournaments etc instead of planning a war. this might lead to Se, but mostly it could lead to him being a perceiver.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I totally agree that Daenerys is an INFP. Jon Snow I could see INFJ as well.Twyin though, I see more as INTJ, but he does have connections so I could see him as ENTJ as well. Definantley a badass.But @dejavu I think the rest of your descriptions are sot on. The war of five kings, they're calling it. Who will win!? Who knows, but Winter is coming, :D

·
Banned
600 Posts
I have to strongly disagree when it comes to Snow being an xNFJ. I can't get into specifics (no one likes spoilers =P), but I just don't see Fe in the guy. Or strong Ni or Ne for that matter. I see a very strong sense of duty in him. He knows his place and is very down to earth. At the same time, he will break the rules on rare occasions when his sense of duty is overcome by his sense of justice. I'm thinking ISTJ who just loves to enter a Si-Fi loop. >_>

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dunno, I kind of see Bran as either an INFJ or an INFP. Or an INTJ. He's definitely not an extrovert, though.
Yeah, it's tricky. I was going how his Catelyn described him in the books. He was like her first husband to be Brandon. He does present himself more introverted in the show. He and Arya are hard to type since they are both so young.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to strongly disagree when it comes to Snow being an xNFJ. I can't get into specifics (no one likes spoilers =P), but I just don't see Fe in the guy. Or strong Ni or Ne for that matter. I see a very strong sense of duty in him. He knows his place and is very down to earth. At the same time, he will break the rules on rare occasions when his sense of duty is overcome by his sense of justice. I'm thinking ISTJ who just loves to enter a Si-Fi loop. >_>
Thank you, for me all the Starks were hard to type except for Sansa and I really think Ned is still an INFJ. Thank you for not spoiling, I love the books and show and can't wait to see how it all pans out.

Robb is a mystery to me too, I was giving them all my best guess.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hm.. I think you're being a bit biased against the sensors here. You have put up some quite unflattering traits and linked them to being a sensor. weird how many intuitives seem to do that unconsciously. I hope this isn't going to start a fight, but I think it's important to point out bias when I see it.

but I agree on Robert being a sensor as he was clearly more gifted at fighting than the powergames. he was a man of action, but not necessarily of planning it. when it comes to how he lived later, I actually think he was a bit stuck in the past of fighting and Ned's sister instead of embracing his present. he was probably a type under stress or depression. I'd rather focus on how he was during the war. so yup, sensor it is.

but Renly was also a knight, so the XSTP part might be there. And even sensors can guess that Ned speaking up about the queen and disputing her son's right to the throne might cause trouble :p. Ned warned Renly first about what he was going to do. when it comes to popularity I have a good friend who is an ESFP. and she's hugely popular. but she is more capable than the rest of us at getting on with her life, running organizations etc. she isn't lost in her head, which makes her more able to engage with us who are there. so popularity does not an N make. but I know you didn't mean that. sensor are cautious too of course. so I'm still more into him being a sensor. I'd actually say that Renly lives more in the present with arranging tournaments etc instead of planning a war. this might lead to Se, but mostly it could lead to him being a perceiver.
I hope sensors reading this don't get offended. It's not like the N characters don't have their flaws :) Robert was different when he was younger, tougher than Renly...quite the ladies man. Still going with ESFP :p

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Thank you, for me all the Starks were hard to type except for Sansa and I really think Ned is still an INFJ. Thank you for not spoiling, I love the books and show and can't wait to see how it all pans out.

Robb is a mystery to me too, I was giving them all my best guess.
Where do you see Fe in Ned? He is completely unwilling to play along with the politics in King's Landing and doesn't actually seem to be able to keep up. He's so stubborn about it that he makes a lot of enemies. I see him as a bit like Stannis (ESTJ) in that he is also rigid and unbending once he's decided what's right and wrong. He leaves no room for grey area. Stannis, however, oozes Te while I think Ned is more of an introvert with more Si and Fi showing through.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where do you see Fe in Ned? He is completely unwilling to play along with the politics in King's Landing and doesn't actually seem to be able to keep up. He's so stubborn about it that he makes a lot of enemies. I see him as a bit like Stannis (ESTJ) in that he is also rigid and unbending once he's decided what's right and wrong. He leaves no room for grey area. Stannis, however, oozes Te while I think Ned is more of an introvert with more Si and Fi showing through.
Lol okay Stannis is definitely an ISTJ, with Ned they give him more depth in the books. He does value right and wrong more than Fe so I can see the ISTJ. Here's one thing, Ned isn't very practical, he makes some mistakes due to his high ideals. I don't know...he's one of my favorites, I'm sure everyone can agree that they were rooting for Ned. He didn't want to use Fe in the end either, only to protect his family...poor Ned.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Here's one thing, Ned isn't very practical, he makes some mistakes due to his high ideals. I don't know...he's one of my favorites, I'm sure everyone can agree that they were rooting for Ned. He didn't want to use Fe in the end either, only to protect his family...poor Ned.
Ned made mistakes, but I actually thought he was pretty practical. He was just in over his head.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ned made mistakes, but I actually thought he was pretty practical. He was just in over his head.
You are right, and so is Stannis. I never got the Stannis hate in the books, I liked him fine until that Melisandre vamp came along. I love Davos though.

1 - 20 of 4011 Posts