Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of these Game of Thrones House do ENTPs better fit?

Stark
Targaryen
Lannister
Tyrell
Baratheon
Greyjoy

Give me a first choice, and a second choice.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Unaffiliated. Owing loyalty to a house seems pretty unnecessary. Most likely we'd pop out as the dark horse, defy class and birth. Start out as nobles and end up as brothel owners in Braavos. Earn a Maester's chain before dropping off the map and running a spy network in Lannisport. Work as a quartermaster for the Golden Company whilst writing a book on how to employ mind games in strategic logistics.

Why the hell would we limit ourselves to belonging to some arbitrary family of stuck-up, inbred Westerosi?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dad is a lot like Ned so I would be a Stark child unfortunately.

EDIT: If I can be a worg like Bran then this is ok.

·
Registered
427 Posts
How about Tyrell? For the ENTP?

·
Registered
73 Posts
You think Stark is a good ENTP personality?
Not necessarily. I just think my dad is a lot like Ned. I've thought about sorting MBTI into Westerosi Houses but it's not as easy as a sorting hat. The difference is that the characters in each house are as varied as the next because they are born into their house-- with no choice or regard to their character-- as opposed to Hogwarts Houses. I can identify with characters, and even certain family dynamics, but not with an entire House.

So I'd probably end up a Stark kid with a dad like Ned.

As for a "feel" for a house, it seems that Frey would be rather "NT". And maybe the city of Braavos and wherever the Maesters live.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Yeah, that should work.

But really, the only place you can find ENTPs west of asshai, is among the Free Folk

Reactions: wind_up_bird

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Out of those, yeah, probably Tyrell.

Seem the most cunning. But not overly twisted or evil.

3 ENTPs according to this poll Westeros Personality Types with 29911 votes.

1.Tyrion Lannister
2.Petyr Baelish
3.Margaery Tyrell

100% agree that Tyrion is ENTP. The other 2, meh, it's been awhile. But they both are black sheep, utilizing clever, unique methods. Extremely independent and little affection for a House, even their own (Margaery, maybe not, again, been awhile).

Actually probably not Baelish. He's too calculated, detail oriented. Master with words though, silver tongue. Hmm.

"Margaery is an intelligent, shrewd and politically savvy young woman, very much the protégé of her cunning grandmother, Lady Olenna Redwyne."

Sounds ENTP to me.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What about Baratheon?

The chart has definitely put Renly and Robert Baratheon into E and P categories. The only difference are the middle two.

Renly has an ENFP personality. So, I guess the Baratheon is more of feeling than thinking.

I think that ENTP and ENFP get along very well when ENTP just want to chill and not think too much.

In a very serious situation that requires deep thoughts, ENTP may feel ENFP are not as deep thinkers and inferior in that area. But in care-free social situations, I don't think that matters very much.

So, I think that Baratheon is the closest to ENTP/Tyrion Lannister personality.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
No idea, since I don't really know this... thing.

But I do know that if I was in a fucked up world filled with weird snow necromancers, dragons, and giants - AND humans are the biggest threat.

I'd probably not be an independent, at best sent into the moon by a Giant smashing me, at worst - Red Wedding and I'm the bride.
I'd work within the system, cuz whynot, easier than making a new system, more time to focus on not getting killed, probably either a giant wall or a lot of people to shield me from said killing, and sources of entertainment everywhere.
Probably fucking hate everyone and everything though.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Out of those, yeah, probably Tyrell.

Seem the most cunning. But not overly twisted or evil.

3 ENTPs according to this poll Westeros Personality Types with 29911 votes.

1.Tyrion Lannister
2.Petyr Baelish
3.Margaery Tyrell

100% agree that Tyrion is ENTP. The other 2, meh, it's been awhile. But they both are black sheep, utilizing clever, unique methods. Extremely independent and little affection for a House, even their own (Margaery, maybe not, again, been awhile).

Actually probably not Baelish. He's too calculated, detail oriented. Master with words though, silver tongue. Hmm.

"Margaery is an intelligent, shrewd and politically savvy young woman, very much the protégé of her cunning grandmother, Lady Olenna Redwyne."

Sounds ENTP to me.
I agree on Tyrell.
Surely not Stark (too idealist people and too attached to their house); neither Baratheon, Stannis is too feeler for me; Lannister... meh... too many responsabilities and too much pression; Targaryen NO NO NO (yes, cool dragons but too serious people).

Funny that the 3 (most probable) ENTP characters you mentioned (+Lady Olenna Redwyne) are my favourite ones.
I really have a soft point for you ENTPs :laughing:

1,162 Posts
I agree on Tyrell.
Surely not Stark (too idealist people and too attached to their house); neither Baratheon, Stannis is too feeler for me; Lannister... meh... too many responsabilities and too much pression; Targaryen NO NO NO (yes, cool dragons but too serious people).

Funny that the 3 (most probable) ENTP characters you mentioned (+Lady Olenna Redwyne) are my favourite ones.
The Tyrells as a whole seem to have a sense of fun, which none of the other houses are particularly known for. Longevity, too, and that's pretty valuable in this universe. And with the exception of the Starks (and look where their moral uprightness got them!), they're one of the few functional families we see in the whole series.

Reactions: lunagattina

·
Registered
963 Posts
The Tyrells as a whole seem to have a sense of fun, which none of the other houses are particularly known for. Longevity, too, and that's pretty valuable in this universe. And with the exception of the Starks (and look where their moral uprightness got them!), they're one of the few functional families we see in the whole series.
you are right! they are the only funcional family, indeed.
The Starks, well, maybe they are funcional too, but they are identical to my mother: so moralist, idealist and serious... Let's admit it: they are quite boring.
Before them I would prefer a disfunctional family as the Lannister. A family to hate, maybe, but more interesting.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I agree on Tyrell.

Aww, we're so cuddly!

Yeah, everyone loves Tyrion. Silver tongue and a razor wit.
Littlefinger, COULD be ENTP, but the general consensus seems INTJ. But in this arena of "play the game or die" all types ascend to new heights. He is indeed a mastermind, but his motivations seem to be for love of Catelyn now transferred to Sansa (ew). And he's WAY too slick with words to be an introvert, imo. Great improviser too. Don't know though.

ENTPs:
Starks, hell no. Honor is all well in good, but they SUCKED at playing the game. of thrones, that is. Their whole family has been displaced or slaughtered cuz they know nothing of cunning, the long game, or ferocity. I mean, the guy's name was Ned.

Targaryen
All got sticks up their asses. But they seem moral, which is good. Plus dragon mother bewbs.

Lannister
Ruthless and Machiavellian. ENTPs can be both, but only when pushed hard enough. Lannisters are highly entertaining though.

Tyrell
Slippery, these ones. I haven't started the new season, and am pretty rusty on everyone in general but especially the Tyrells.

Baratheon
Stannis is a total asshole. And not the charming kind you love. Robert was the only good Baratheon, but his excess and jolly outlook in a world of merciless brutality, caught up to him.

Renly was way under-experienced and a bit of a pansy.

Greyjoy

Mopey, grumpy, a-holes. Yara Greyjoy is the only thing good about them.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I don't think you truly judge Baratheon by Stannis. Stannis is actually the Tyrion to Lannister as he is to Baratheon. And, this is well-documented, Stannis is not a good example of Baratheon (as Tyrion is not a good example of Lannister).

Baratheon - Robert & Renly

So despite the consensus of Tyrell, I don't think so. I don't see myself and ENTPs filling the attitude of Tyrells at all, I just don't see that!

I am sticking with Baratheon!

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Reactions: desire machine
1 - 20 of 32 Posts