Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the other interpretations so far, I would just have to say with the new season 5 looming ahead , these views must need a rehashing .

Tyrion - ENTP
Cersei - ESTP
Arya - ISTP
The Hound - ISTJ
Lady Margaery - ISFJ
Joffrey - ESFP
Tywyn - ENTJ
Sansa - ISFP
Varys - INTP
Robb Stark - ISFJ
Robbs wife - ISTP
Jon snow - INFJ
Ygritte - ENTP

Stannis - ISTP
Stannis' crazy red woman - ISFJ

Sam - ESFJ
Sams girl - ISFP

Ned Stark - ESTJ
Lady Stark - ISTP

Baelish - INTJ

joffreys brother - ENFP
robin - ISFP

Daenarys - INFP

theres a lot more of course : P

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh, I love Game of Thrones typing threads!
Some thoughts on your typings:

Tyrion: ENTP is definitely right!
Cersei: I thought ESTJ ... She did make some too rash decisions, which suggests J.
Arya: Agreed! (although I'm doubting between ISTP and ISFP)
The Hound: I'd say ISTP. I don't think he's much of a planner, I think he makes decisions based on his current mood
Margaery: Isn't she extraverted? Isn't she more renewing than traditional? I'd say ENFJ, or even ENTJ (she seems both rational and empathetic)
Joffrey: Exactly my guess!
Tywin: No way Tywin is extroverted! I think the INTJ description fits him brilliantly.
Sansa: Might be right. I'm struggling with her mbti-type.
Varys: Agreed!
Jon: I think I agree.
Ygritte: Agreed!

Stannis: I'd say classic ISTJ
I don't think we know enough about her inner thoughts to type Melisandre. (except that she's introverted)

Ned/Catelyn: I'd say Ned's introverted and Cat's extraverted... I think Ned's ISTJ en Cat's ESFJ
Baelish: classic INTJ
Tommen: from the little we know of him, I'd say ESFJ or ISFJ. We don't know enough about Robin.

Daenerys is difficult, but for now I stick with ENFJ

I'd like to add:
Jaime - ESTP
Bran - INFP
Jorah - ISFJ
Brienne - ISFJ
Davos - ISFP
Theon - ESTP or ESFP
Viserys - ENFP
Oberyn - ENFP

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh, I love Game of Thrones typing threads!
Some thoughts on your typings:

Varys: Agreed!
Jon: I think I agree.
Ygritte: Agreed!

I'd like to add:

Agreed with most of the above!
I especially like how you typed:
*Cersei as ESTJ - she's not an ESFJ ... she just doesn't have nor use Fe.
*Tywin as INTJ - He's a mature INTJ with strong Te, remember, he was the hand of the king for years, he sought leadership much later. It's pretty typical for INTJs, they become much more decisive and well bossy Te style when they get older.
*Margery as ENFJ - then way she talks to people, she tries to manipulate them ... but for higher good and purpose! It's just so ENFJ.

*I don't necessarly agree on Varys: I think he's an INFJ - He's very good at talking to people and manipulating people, he has his own agenda, he's a clear idealist and his idealism is directed towards how the society should be (Fe)

*Jon - hard to say, I think ISTJ or ISFP - his functions are kind of messed up, he was written to be the "traditional" fantasy hero (often the lost ISFP we are supposed to like) so he doesn't have a very clear personnality

*Ygritte - I've always though ESTP - ENTPs aren't that daring physically and at ease with their body.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
First of all, finally people interested in discussing Game of thrones/asoiaf again!

Second, there's a big thread about Game of thrones here, would be fun if you could join in there instead.

Third, some reactions to the types.
The typings I can't agree with are:
Tywin, I don't see how he'd be an INTJ at all. He's got Te allover, I'd sooner think of him as an ESTJ than INTJ, though I'm going with ENTJ atm. (Not sure though.)
Ned, he's not that much Te. ISxJ of some sort, probably ISTJ.
Stannis ISTP, as in OP.
Dany seems to be an ISFP to me. Can't really see much else than that.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Lannisters:

Tyrion: ENTP
Cercei: Umm, ESTJ?
Jamie: ESFP I think, or ESTP
Tywin: ENTJ (Definitely a Te dom , I could see ESTJ too, but I think he used Ni)
Joffrey: ESFP (In some sort of Se-Te loop and he has unhealthy Fi)

Starks:

Ned: ISTJ
Ned's wife: ISFJ
Robb: ESTJ
Robb's wife: ISFJ
Sansa: ESFJ
Arya: ISFP
Jon Snow: Actually lean towards INTJ, I don't think he was a Fe user.

Others:

Daenarys: Not sure, I suspect ISFP
Stannis: XSTJ
Robert Baratheon: ESTP
Red Woman or whatever her name is : ENFJ?
Ygritte: ESTP
Margaery: EXFJ
Daenerys' sexy husband whose name I can't recall: ISTP

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Lannisters:

Tyrion: ENTP
Cercei: Umm, ESTJ?
Jamie: ESFP I think, or ESTP
Tywin: ENTJ (Definitely a Te dom , I could see ESTJ too, but I think he used Ni)
Joffrey: ESFP (In some sort of Se-Te loop and he has unhealthy Fi)

Starks:

Ned: ISTJ
Ned's wife: ISTJ
Robb: ESTJ
Robb's wife: ISFJ
Sansa: ESFJ
Arya: ISFP
Jon Snow: Actually lean towards INTJ, I don't think he was a Fe user.

Others:

Daenarys: Not sure, I suspect ISFP
Stannis: XSTJ
Robert Baratheon: ESTP
Red Woman or whatever her name is : ENFJ?
Ygritte: ESTP
Margaery: EXFJ
Daenerys' sexy husband whose name I can't recall: ISTP
Why ISTP instead of ESTP for Drogo? (Daenerys' sexy husband)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Why ISTP instead of ESTP for Drogo? (Daenerys' sexy husband)
You're probably right actually. Yep, now that I think about it, he was a Se-dom.

·
Registered
240 Posts
*I don't necessarly agree on Varys: I think he's an INFJ - He's very good at talking to people and manipulating people, he has his own agenda, he's a clear idealist and his idealism is directed towards how the society should be (Fe)

*Jon - hard to say, I think ISTJ or ISFP - his functions are kind of messed up, he was written to be the "traditional" fantasy hero (often the lost ISFP we are supposed to like) so he doesn't have a very clear personnality

*Ygritte - I've always though ESTP - ENTPs aren't that daring physically and at ease with their body.
Your critism makes perfect sense. I can totally see Varys as INFJ; I don't know why I didn't think of it.

I know there are some other, more expanded, Game of Thrones/mbti threads, but we can make this the thread for newbies. I've started a Game of Thrones/Enneagram thread myself. Maybe you'd like to check it out. Then we can discuss mbti here and enneagram there.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I don't see how we can be extraverted. He definitely makes his decisions alone, in his mind, and is very secretive about it. In the books, he's even more secretive than in the show. He uses his brother Kevan has his speaking puppet while he observes.
Going simply by extrovert or introvert, I could see him as the latter, sure. But if we take functions into consideration, I can't see him as anything except Te-dom. He's far too Te-heavy for him to be anything else.

·
Registered
240 Posts
But if you see him as introverted, doesn't that mean that his primary function is introverted? (I don't just mean by the rules of mbti, I mean, isn't it logical?)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
But if you see him as introverted, doesn't that mean that his primary function is introverted? (I don't just mean by the rules of mbti, I mean, isn't it logical?)
Thing is, I see him as Te-dom. Then I could see him as a social introvert, but not a cognitive one. So in the typical sense of introversion, sure, but I really can't see that much Ni. Sure, he might show some, but not really that much. The way he focuses on the politics, how other's perceive his house, etc, is not something I find in INTJs in general.

Also, the forceful way he has, I have a hard time seeing someone with Se inferior doing that.

Reactions: penny lane

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Tywin is all about Te. He always measures things by their effectiveness first and he is ultimately task oriented (more so than most people in the entire story). He is all about taking action and manipulating his environment to better allow his plans to unfold, that's Te backed up by Ni. He's ENTJ all the way.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Es - like people, like to lead/deal with people, like to brainstorm and talk to people - or at least expose their ideas. ENTJs with Te & Se would like to go to war. Tywin prefers the most efficient way - by manipulating people and killing off the Stark.

Actually I know one or two INTJ who seem to be Te dom - but they are too much introverted (they like their time alone - they never brainstorm - they are ok with leadership when it helps accomplish their goals etc. but they don't like dealing with people) to be ENTJs. My husband's boss (CEO of hugely successful business) is like that.

The fact they appear to be more Te in public doesn't mean they are ENTJs.

I think Tywin is a well developed INTJ.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Es - like people, like to lead/deal with people, like to brainstorm and talk to people - or at least expose their ideas. ENTJs with Te & Se would like to go to war. Tywin prefers the most efficient way - by manipulating people and killing off the Stark.
You've pretty much contradicted yourself here. Someone with Te-Se wouldn't just go to war, no questions asked. But Te-doms do strive to take the most efficient course of action, it's a core trait. You've inadvertently described Tywin as a Te-dom, which is exactly what he is because what you said is true. He always chooses the most efficient option, the option that results in ending the war fastest with the least cost. See how he doesn't exactly set up a long range, step-by-step process/plan to end the war (and then proceed to follow that through as an INTJ likely would). Rather he has an idea of what he wants and works towards it by manipulating his environment and responding to it the best he can. It's why he's both a gifted tactician and strategist. Tywin is a quintessential Te-dom, he doesn't perceive according to a subjective framework at all before acting (that's Littlefinger's domain), when he comes across a problem he moves to deal with it as efficiently as possible, as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You've pretty much contradicted yourself here. Someone with Te-Se wouldn't just go to war, no questions asked. But Te-doms do strive to take the most efficient course of action, it's a core trait. You've inadvertently described Tywin as a Te-dom, which is exactly what he is because what you said is true. He always chooses the most efficient option, the option that results in ending the war fastest with the least cost. See how he doesn't exactly set up a long range, step-by-step process/plan to end the war (and then proceed to follow that through as an INTJ likely would). Rather he has an idea of what he wants and works towards it by manipulating his environment and responding to it the best he can. It's why he's both a gifted tactician and strategist. Tywin is a quintessential Te-dom, he doesn't perceive according to a subjective framework at all before acting (that's Littlefinger's domain), when he comes across a problem he moves to deal with it as efficiently as possible, as quickly as possible.

You didn't answered my question about Tywin NOT being an extrovert at all. I think a well developed INTJ can have a Te as strong as Ni (especially for older people who are well rounded)- and Te, since it's an extroverted functions is more visible. It doesn't mean they are Extroverts - therefore, they are not ENTJs.

So Tywin has Strong Te - agreed, but he's not an extrovert -> he's a well developed INTJ with strong Te. You forgot the letter E in ENTJ.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
You didn't answered my question about Tywin NOT being an extrovert at all. I think a well developed INTJ can have a Te as strong as Ni (especially for older people who are well rounded)- and Te, since it's an extroverted functions is more visible. It doesn't mean they are Extroverts - therefore, they are not ENTJs.

So Tywin has Strong Te - agreed, but he's not an extrovert -> he's a well developed INTJ with strong Te. You forgot the letter E in ENTJ.
You didn't ask a question so I don't know what the first sentence means.

Yes a well-developed INTJ can have Te be prominent but it will not outshine their Ni because it is their dominant function. It's what they lead with. We have no reason to believe Tywin leads with Ni in his decision making or thought processes. Every example you can give is of him judging things first, via external logic (Te).

You can't just assume he is INTJ because "INTJs can have developed Te too". You can't just assume that he is INTJ even though we have no evidence that he leads with Ni, simply because "Te is more visible". As an 8w7 INTJ, my Te is very well-developed and used, but no matter what I always perceive information first according to subjective ideological frameworks I develop. Where is this thought pattern in Tywin?

Where does his Ni take priority over his Te? How do you account for the well-developed Se that increases his tactical ability? How do you account for the startling shunting of his Fi? The way Tywin treats his children (and pretty much anyone who crosses his objectives), does that seem like tert Fi to you?

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,202 Posts
I've done a list before, but wth my opinions are always changing

Ned Stark - ISTJ
Catelyn - ISTJ E2?
Jon - INTJ
Arya - ISFP
Sansa - ^INFP?
Dany - ISFP
Tyrion - Se-Ni