Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're all familiar with "Jeopardy", "Wheel of Fortune", "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire", "The Weakest Link", and a slew of other shows. So, which game shows do you enjoy watching and why? And of which would you participate in if given the opportunity?

I used to love "Win Ben Stein's Money" (aired on Comedy Central) back in the day because it struck a good balance of comedy (Kimmel and Stein were a great duo and their chemistry was perfect) and drama (when the survivor faced Stein at the end); it wasn't taken so seriously and had a more casual aura. It also bore a nice resemblance to "Jeopardy" with the categorical topics to select from and the quick thinking required of the player. So, I found the show to be a worthy time to engage my brain as well let out a decent number of laughs within a span of 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Jeopardy makes me feel beyond stupid -____-

I would like to participate in Lingo.

I almost always get those words within the second or third guess, then I feelz like a champ.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I like Family Feud, but only because of Steve Harvey. Really though, nothing will ever compare to the childhood awesomeness that was Legends of the Hidden Temple.

Silver Snakes, y'all!

Reactions: Abyss Soul

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Does QI count as a gameshow? Granted I'm watching it all on youtube, so it probably doesn't count even if you do count it as a game show.

Win Ben Stein's Money was such a cool show. I don't watch much TV, so I don't watch any game shows now-a-days. I usually just watch a few series here and there on TV and avoid the rest, thanks to DVRs and the like.

·
Registered
Infp 7
956 Posts
How about The Hunger Games?

Sorry, pop culture reference.

Probably I want to participate in Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. I don't watch a lot of game shows on TV, recently I'm absorb with internet shows. If I do watch TV usually I watch documentaries or movies.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I loved doubledare.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a lot of fun with Family Feud and Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader...those two are fun for me because they're colorful, fairly fast-paced, they've got great image quality, and it's easy to focus on stuff like that.

I've never been able to sit through Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, The Price is Right...I never liked the color palettes of those shows and so it was just like, pfft.

When I was younger, I did watch a lot of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (played along quite a bit), but I've stopped now. Now and then I'll take a look at Lingo, but it's so easy to figure out most of the time that it just doesn't hold my attention for nearly as long as any of the others.

Does Fear Factor count? That was alright back before I understood why they chose hot men and women for the show. I liked to watch them gag on cockroaches. :D

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I like Jeopardy. I usually know quite a few answers to stuff I don't even know I know.
I'd like a chance to actually audition for it if I ever have the chance.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I like Jeopardy. I usually know quite a few answers to stuff I don't even know I know.
I'd like a chance to actually audition for it if I ever have the chance.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I invent game shows in my free time. One of my favorite inventions is "Catch a Plane" which is a timed, Survivor-style, mission-based obstacle course that takes place in a large, over-crowded airport. Whenever I fly I think of new challenges.

I also like QI (not sure if that counts).

·
Social Pyromaniac
477 Posts
I like chain reaction.

And if I'm feeling down I like to watch teen jeopardy. It makes me feel smart. I wonder if I could lie about my age, audition, just obliterate a bunch of 14-year-olds, and make 3 million dollars?

And, as proof of how unintellectual I really am, I present my favorite game show, 70s Match Game hosted by Gene Rayburn.

Also, there's an unwritten law of the universe that states whenever you're home sick from work or school and you turn on the tv, the Price is Right is on . . . always.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts