1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite games?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
RPG:Dungeons and Dragons, Vampire: The Masquerade
Computer: Doom II, Civilization 4, Alpha Centauri, any D&D RPG, Deus Ex
Board: Agricola, Axis and Allies, Shogun.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
What are your favorite games?
Can I ambush this INTJ thread?

I like nocturnal ones best :blushed:

I'm not a computer gaming person... but I like all manner of silly games we make up with our kids, and then there is the board game called Settlers of Catan, and Buzz on the PS2, and the odd game of scrabble, oh and on FB I play word twist and sudoku sometimes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What kind of games? Board games? Computer/console games? Schoolyard games? Party games or games in general?

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I ambush this INTJ thread?

I like nocturnal ones best :blushed:

I'm not a computer gaming person... but I like all manner of silly games we make up with our kids, and then there is the board game called Settlers of Catan, and Buzz on the PS2, and the odd game of scrabble, oh and on FB I play word twist and sudoku sometimes.
You are always welcome to post.

I'm curious if intjs prefer complex rule based games, memory type games. These are the ones that I find the most enjoyable.

Reactions: kiwigrl

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm curious if intjs prefer complex rule based games, memory type games. These are the ones that I find the most enjoyable.
I see. I actually like RPGs a lot but not MMOs. I enjoy anything with a story line but I also like little addictive puzzles and strategy games. I actually enjoy simpler games more now that I don't have the time to dedicate to lengthy gaming.

Here are two games I often visit.

-World of Goo <- Very fun if you aim for the OCD score

-Robot Unicorn Attack <- Fun for no good reason

I usually hate board games but have always enjoyed two specific ones. It happens to be that most people avoid them since they are lengthy so I never get to play.

-Risk

-Monopoly

I also like Chess but honestly I'm not that great at it since there is never anyone to practice against. Checkers bores me.

Above all I enjoy story format Role Playing. I hover around forums that are dedicated to this now and again, but I have become a busy person and don't always have the chance to do any hardcore playing like I did when I was in high school.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I play every video game type except RTS. For some reason strategy games are no good for me unless i can look an opponent in the eye and read his plan. I do, however, enjoy the civ games against the computer, not actual players. I mainly play shooters these days, they help turn my brain off for a bit and help me get my sadistic tendencies cleared since I'm destroying people with shots to the face.

Reactions: jack london

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had lots of fun playing M.A.S.H during grade school.

The way we played it was somewhat different. There was a box in the center. M.A.S.H was on the top and on the remaining sides we had:

• The person you're going to get married to.
  • What kind of car you're going to drive.
  • How many kids you're going to have w/ the person you married to
A few months back I recalled this game and played it w/ some friends. One of the results for one of the guys was:

• Married to Ron Jeremy
  • 5 Kids
  • Lives in a Shack
  • Had a BMX bike
LMAO...the stuff we come up with. In regards to video games, racing/fighting/rpg's are my thing.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What games do you like to play?
Mainly I play games with my kids. Our favorite game is one we play during dinner we call it

"I pack my bags for london"

You go around the table and each person packs something for the trip and you have to remember what the other people have packed also. We get really silly with what we pack so the kids love it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've always loved trivia games.
i thought that was a given, as most of us have wide branches of interest in things we have researched. The only type of trivia i fail to excel at is sports trivia.

Reactions: jack london

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
I had lots of fun playing M.A.S.H during grade school.

The way we played it was somewhat different. There was a box in the center. M.A.S.H was on the top and on the remaining sides we had:

• The person you're going to get married to.
  • What kind of car you're going to drive.
  • How many kids you're going to have w/ the person you married to
A few months back I recalled this game and played it w/ some friends. One of the results for one of the guys was:

• Married to Ron Jeremy
  • 5 Kids
  • Lives in a Shack
  • Had a BMX bike
LMAO...the stuff we come up with. In regards to video games, racing/fighting/rpg's are my thing.
I used to like this sort of thing when I was in high school, I would do it now just for a laugh. We used to have books and fill them up with all of our friends favourite things, it was a laugh to see all the answers ( a few silly questions were thrown in too).

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
anything violent and visceral, though I'm not big on visual violence like dismemberment

Company of Heroes online
Modern warfare 2

at the moment

·
Registered
73 Posts
My favorites are the Fallout series, Baldur's Gate 2 and it's expansion,the KotoR series, Morrowind and the Mass Effect series.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Starcraft II, chess, any game that encourages the use of critical thinking to dominate another. Winning with brawn or luck is unsatisfying. Winning with brain is.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts