Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any logical or reasonable explanation is much appreciated.

Alright, those keep on happening with me, and I don't know why.
1/ Being hit by lesbians;
2/ Gay crush to be "besties" with them.

So, I'm a pretty much a straight person, and I have no gayish tendencies. I don't get why lesbians like me. Again, I don't get what gay guys want from me, I treat them as any other person, yet they like me= cold, non girly, don't give a fuck about many things person.
So if anyone could explain why I get in those situation, or how to avoid them, I'll be very thankful.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
You seem to think one has to be homosexual to have attention from homosexuals... you are wrong.

Your sexual orientation has nothing do with lesbians hitting on you. They simply fancy you and hit on you, that's all... you know... like any other guy?
Treat it the same as anyone else hitting on you and you're not interested. Very simple.

Homosexual guys wanting to be friends with you... the horror? What's bad about having gay friends? Probably the guys feel at ease near you. What's so bad about that?

You'll have to forgive me because I don't understand what are your issues unless you have something against getting along with homosexual people.

There's no magical explanation because that's not abnormal behavior at all.

1 - "I fancy this person, I'll hit on her"...
2 - "I like this person, I would like to be friends with her"...

Please tell me what's so weird...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
A lesbian could hit me all she wanted, ifyounawumsayin.

Joking aside, I think you're over-analyzing it. Extravagent people are sometimes attracted to those who are cold and quiet and mysterious. Perhaps that is your situation.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,665 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I have straight men hit on me all the time, and I am a lesbian. I find it nice that people find me attractive. I simply tell them I am already married, to a woman, but thanks anyhow. Lesbians don't hit on just other lesbians. They hit on people they find attractive. So, if you are attractive, then you will probably get hit on.

I don't understand what the problem is with others finding you attractive. Be glad, someday you will be really old and no one will look twice.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Again, I don't get what gay guys want from me
Friendship??

or how to avoid them
Wear a sign that says "I don't want to be friend with gay men and I am straight so no lesbians should hit on me."

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You seem to think one has to be homosexual to have attention from homosexuals... you are wrong.

Your sexual orientation has nothing do with lesbians hitting on you. They simply fancy you and hit on you, that's all... you know... like any other guy?
Treat it the same as anyone else hitting on you and you're not interested. Very simple.

Homosexual guys wanting to be friends with you... the horror? What's bad about having gay friends? Probably the guys feel at ease near you. What's so bad about that?

You'll have to forgive me because I don't understand what are your issues unless you have something against getting along with homosexual people.

There's no magical explanation because that's not abnormal behavior at all.

1 - "I fancy this person, I'll hit on her"...
2 - "I like this person, I would like to be friends with her"...

Please tell me what's so weird...
I see.
Maybe it wasn't clear that I have no issues with any gay person. I HAVE had gay friends, it's not like I'm randomly discussing about something. It started with normal talk then I don't know how (male gays) have a strange grinning face and wanna be friends. I've tried it, the thing is, once we become friends, they get too attached. Maybe it's because the gays I've met were too girly? I don't know. But I can't tolerate 24/7 availability for ANYONE.
WHAT'S NOT WEIRD?
Why would I have to know what/when/why are they doing? I don't give a flying fuck about even when they masturbate, yet I get the info either way. As if I'm a personal Siri.

As for lesbians, I never had a random lesbian friend, it's always related with attraction. For example, most of my friends are guys, that doesn't mean it's because of attraction. So, you fancy that person, you hit on her, alright. She says no to you, yet you still imagine this is a yuri scene and you will still have her no matter what?
Been there, "had" that. Once I had two of them flirting with me, so I preferred flirting with the closest guy as an exit of them.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A lesbian could hit me all she wanted, ifyounawumsayin.

Joking aside, I think you're over-analyzing it. Extravagent people are sometimes attracted to those who are cold and quiet and mysterious. Perhaps that is your situation.
Oh I never thought of that. I always thought cold/quite people are attracted to extroverts more o_O Well I was wrong then.
Thank you.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
What do you mean you don't know why gay guys want to be your friends? Just like any other girl wants to be friends? Just think of it that way...I have a good T friend IRL, plus several gay male friends. I've never suspected them of anything but wanting to hang out with me.

It means you're cool and normal and don't judge people for their sexuality.

Being hit on by lesbians is another matter entirely. If you're not bisexual at least, this is kind of odd. This happened to me more when I was younger and bi-curious. Since then I manage to side-step it pretty plainly.

Are you homophobic? Is that why this seems so epic to you?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have straight men hit on me all the time, and I am a lesbian. I find it nice that people find me attractive. I simply tell them I am already married, to a woman, but thanks anyhow. Lesbians don't hit on just other lesbians. They hit on people they find attractive. So, if you are attractive, then you will probably get hit on.

I don't understand what the problem is with others finding you attractive. Be glad, someday you will be really old and no one will look twice.
I agree :unsure:

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What do you mean you don't know why gay guys want to be your friends? Just like any other girl wants to be friends? Just think of it that way...I have a good T friend IRL, plus several gay male friends. I've never suspected them of anything but wanting to hang out with me.

It means you're cool and normal and don't judge people for their sexuality.

Being hit on by lesbians is another matter entirely. If you're not bisexual at least, this is kind of odd. This happened to me more when I was younger and bi-curious. Since then I manage to side-step it pretty plainly.

Are you homophobic? Is that why this seems so epic to you?
Nope, I'm a don't give a fuck about others people's business. It might sound a bit epic because of some events that have happened. I'm not bi-curious or shit-curious or anything. I never minded any sexuality business, unless mine hehehe yet I'm not actually annoyed, I'm bored and sick of especially being hit by lesbians. It's like a party pooping situation with "not again >.>" in my head.

Alright, I'm not saying no I don't wanna be friends with a gay guy, I just don't get why would they speak so personal stuff with me. I can handle any topic, but WHY ME? Why would I have to be always their 24/7 friend?
If they wanna talk about sex even gay sex, i can talk for days. But talking about their RELATIONSHIP stuff with extreme details...I mean COME OOON!

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I don't know honestly you seem neurotic or have some homophobia.

The only time I ever once even asked this question was when a gay guy who had a partner kissed me at a party and said I was the first woman he had ever kissed, because he wanted to see what it was like.

I wondered why he picked me. Like why then. Like just why.

But I have had MANY MANY gay friends...gay people are common and they're not all in the closet anymore. I'm just as happy to share a bed with a gay man as a straight lady friend if there's no where else to sleep.

You honestly seem freaked out by gay people. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@fourtines I did the same with extremely touchy-feely STRAIGHT people. I can't handle being available for them all they long. So I really faced them and said it. I think it's my mistake, I shouldn't have accepted to be friends with touchy-feely people from the first place.
Anywhos, so a straight person complaining about being sick of repetitively being flirted by a gay person, is called homophobic. And being friends with a gay guy is the same as being friends with someone so sensitive. Then again, I have a cold heart.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
@fourtines I did the same with extremely touchy-feely STRAIGHT people. I can't handle being available for them all they long. So I really faced them and said it. I think it's my mistake, I shouldn't have accepted to be friends with touchy-feely people from the first place.
Anywhos, so a straight person complaining about being sick of repetitively being flirted by a gay person, is called homophobic. And being friends with a gay guy is the same as being friends with someone so sensitive. Then again, I have a cold heart.
I dunno, like I said, I have many gay man friends who are ...just my friends. They are no better or worse than my other friends.

I may designate them as "gay men" in my description because of effeminate social behavior, but otherwise they are just like my other friends, and I can certainly compare an ESFJ gay man to an ESFJ straight woman, for example.

My T friend is INFJ and very S rejecting, and she is uncomfortable by certain implications and phases of life I take oh-so-for-granted. She is SOOOO creative and esoteric and intellectual and the EPITOME of N-dom...and I forget sometimes, as an ISFP, I hold this thing she holds so dear...being unthinkingly physical or sexual. Living in my body, being my body. She and I discussed this at our last hang out when I came back from Big Sur and she was in L.A.

Like I envy sometimes her ability to be sooo unflinchingly confident in being creative...she envies this same thing about me being so physically present and confident this way. She and I both share these traits, but she is confident where I am weak and vice versa. She and I are SO CLEARLY Ni and Se, but opposed. And we've known each other since we were about 20 years old and she was pre-op.

Anyway...point being...I just don't even think about it. Like "why me" I don't have thoughts like these, I even wonder how anyone exists without having at least 1 or 2 T people around them and about 5 gay people near them and nearly 10 bisexuals.

I am technically bisexual on the Kinsey scale I am not completely straight, just mostly straight.

Maybe what you are confronted with is the OPENNESS of gay men with their sexuality. See I am already OPEN with my sexuality, and since high school I have accepted sexual openness in straight or bisexual or lesbian women as well as gay men.

Is that what bothers you? Open sexuality? Maybe because gay men are more open with sexuality with the people whom they consider to be REAL friends (try not to take this lightly, cold-hearted person) just as straight or bisexual people (like me) may be more open with their sexuality than other straight people.

Maybe you're just uncomfortable or extremely private with your own sexuality and that's the issue.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dunno, like I said, I have many gay man friends who are ...just my friends. They are no better or worse than my other friends.

I may designate them as "gay men" in my description because of effeminate social behavior, but otherwise they are just like my other friends, and I can certainly compare an ESFJ gay man to an ESFJ straight woman, for example.

My T friend is INFJ and very S rejecting, and she is uncomfortable by certain implications and phases of life I take oh-so-for-granted. She is SOOOO creative and esoteric and intellectual and the EPITOME of N-dom...and I forget sometimes, as an ISFP, I hold this thing she holds so dear...being unthinkingly physical or sexual. Living in my body, being my body. She and I discussed this at our last hang out when I came back from Big Sur and she was in L.A.

Like I envy sometimes her ability to be sooo unflinchingly confident in being creative...she envies this same thing about me being so physically present and confident this way. She and I both share these traits, but she is confident where I am weak and vice versa. She and I are SO CLEARLY Ni and Se, but opposed. And we've known each other since we were about 20 years old and she was pre-op.

Anyway...point being...I just don't even think about it. Like "why me" I don't have thoughts like these, I even wonder how anyone exists without having at least 1 or 2 T people around them and about 5 gay people near them and nearly 10 bisexuals.

I am technically bisexual on the Kinsey scale I am not completely straight, just mostly straight.

Maybe what you are confronted with is the OPENNESS of gay men with their sexuality. See I am already OPEN with my sexuality, and since high school I have accepted sexual openness in straight or bisexual or lesbian women as well as gay men.

Is that what bothers you? Open sexuality? Maybe because gay men are more open with sexuality with the people whom they consider to be REAL friends (try not to take this lightly, cold-hearted person) just as straight or bisexual people (like me) may be more open with their sexuality than other straight people.

Maybe you're just uncomfortable or extremely private with your own sexuality and that's the issue.
Sorry, but I died of laughter right now.
So I get the lesbian attraction toward me now, I can't stop if it was a guy or girl being attracted to me, logically.

But what really made me laugh, is the gay OPENNESS? GOD! I write BL/Yaoi and if I'm in the mood I draw. I'm probably more open then the gay friends I've had, who have asked sex advise from me, and I've helped AND PUSHED THEIR SHY ASSES more than they need.

So yes, I'm a very private person ESPECIALLY FOR SEX, and I pray God for forgiveness each time I fap :dry:

I hate to admit what a friend of mine once said, when you talk about something you figure things out on your own. So I figured it out, I've been stupidly over-caring and over-being there for them, thus they got attached.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Sorry, but I died of laughter right now.
So I get the lesbian attraction toward me now, I can't stop if it was a guy or girl being attracted to me, logically.

But what really made me laugh, is the gay OPENNESS? GOD! I write BL/Yaoi and if I'm in the mood I draw. I'm probably more open then the gay friends I've had, who have asked sex advise from me, and I've helped AND PUSHED THEIR SHY ASSES more than they need.

So yes, I'm a very private person ESPECIALLY FOR SEX, and I pray God for forgiveness each time I fap :dry:

I hate to admit what a friend of mine once said, when you talk about something you figure things out on your own. So I figured ot out, I've been stupidly over-caring and being there for them.

It's because you're uncomfortable with sex that you even notice.

I always figured I had gay and T friends easily because of my own comfort with my own sexuality, honestly.

The fact that sex is such a source of shame for you, even masturbation, leads you to question the sexuality of other people.

You're hung up. That's why you even notice or care or make such threads.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts