Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen Alpha starts at 2010 or 2011, arguably. What are your thoughts and predictions for this gen whom is no older then age 7 as of 2017. Keep in mind that Gen Alpha wasn't alive for the release of the first iPhone, Great Recession, and the 2008 Election. They never lived in a world without iPads and social media like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, which became mainstream before they were even born.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel sorry for them. I mean you're already on thin ice if you're Gen Z, but Gen Alpha? Social media was already mainstream by the time they were born. It's so sad for me to imagine being in that generation, to never get a glimpse of how people were like before they became so absorbed with their smartphones, to be born in a time where mainstream music is at it's absolute shittiest, and lastly, to never have been able to experience the 2000's. The 2000's were the last decade when kids acted like kids. It's so sad how times have changed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's hard to tell. The only thing I can think of right now is, that we could take place as their role models. May it be through social media or else, I guess we will have an impact on them. 2001 feels like the last generation characterized through to be down to earth. It's just so mind blowing how a year can have such an impact on future generations. We have the duty to awaken the interest in politics and maintaining a peacful community. Just two of many tasks which will lead to a yet unknown but hopefully harmony driven destiny.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Not sure, but my nephews are quite smart for their age. Both under 6. I guess at the moment it depends on their parents and others around them. They play outside a lot and they don't have video games of any sort, thank goodness. They like helping around the house and outside in the garden etc. Healthy kids, they eat well.

I think this new generation may become quite knowlegdeable and aware of many things.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The time I was in 10th grade, I've looked at the 9th graders and they were like totally the opposite of being down to earth.
Most of them have the same mindset. Materialistic. But I guess that's because they want to feel mature. And the whole make-up and fashion thingy exploded at the same time so that could also be an important factor. I know, not all of them are the same, but I was assuming from the minority. I'm sorry if it sounded too generalized.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The time I was in 10th grade, I've looked at the 9th graders and they were like totally the opposite of being down to earth.
Most of them have the same mindset. Materialistic. But I guess that's because they want to feel mature. And the whole make-up and fashion thingy exploded at the same time so that could also be an important factor. I know, not all of them are the same, but I was assuming from the minority. I'm sorry if it sounded too generalized.
So I'm assuming you're in 11th grade now? If the freshman really acted that different from people barely a year older then you go to a weird high school

·
Registered
446 Posts
Technology will be more advanced and possibly more awareness towards things. I already assume by the time the youngest of alpha gets to be an adult, the country will be totally different then what it is now, thanks to the gen Ys and gen Zs finally taking a stand and fixing some things...yes it's a theory but it's only a matter of time lol.

I welcome the idea of younger people living in a world that's already full of tech like this, we are in the early stages of a new century so of course lifestyles are going to change, the sooner we as a species excepts that instead of constantly getting sad or scared by it the better.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The 2000's were the last decade when kids acted like kids. It's so sad how times have changed.
I use to think that as well when I was younger, but it's not actually true. It's completely subjective. Kids still act like kids, even with increasing technology. There would have been Early '90s babies who would have accused people my age as "not acting like kids", but I still had a childhood, I still acted like a kid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think their gonna be just like their Millennial parents narcissistic, optimistic, entitled, etc, etc. Although they could surprise me and be completely different.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think their gonna be just like their Millennial parents narcissistic, optimistic, entitled, etc, etc. Although they could surprise me and be completely different.
I know.. I was thinking what if they completely rebel and something comes from them that we haven't even thought of yet . Although my current idea is that they'll be similar to what's going on right now (self centered, dependent on technology, future oriented) just completely and totally amped lol..

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
I also think they'll be very focused on technological advancement and changes. I feel they'll want everything to happen now and it will show as they go into the workforce..

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
How? Kids still act like kids either way? They don't go on phones everyday,this whole kids on phones nowadays stereotype needs to die.
What if they're staring at their iPads? I know two people named Hannah, who was born in 2010, and Evan, born in 2012 and they got their own iPads when they were only toddlers which is too young. I would wait until at least 10 to give a kid an iPad/iPod Touch, and 16/17 for their own smartphone.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts